Jet Set Radio: Future

OptimusPrime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats why i liked sega. they werent afraid to take chances.

to promote the game they even had that graf event in san fran and gave the person with the best piece 5 grand (i think sake won it).

and i remember the mayor of sf was all heated at sega for promoting graf when the city was trying to crack down on it. but sega responded saying graf is art and thats all they were promoting. and in the game they of course had to put the warning that graf is illegal, etc..but they open up the statement with 'graffiti is art. however..etc'. and i was expecting the graf in the game to be some shit made by video game programmers, but instead they hooked up with Haze and had him design some good shit.

yea. the X-Box controller flows more for the freestyle pieces, and the new one has an infinite amount of fill in patterns. the only downside is that the game play is about the same. but if you remember how small the boards on the first one were. the new one has alot larger levels.

I'm sooo about to get this. I have the original, and it kicks my ass. I'm only disappointed in not being able to download your own work for the sequel like you could in the original. You're forced into creating your own in game pieces, which is all good, but I liked being able to actually put up my own REAL shit, ya'know?

Anyways.. I'm surprised there hasn't been any "fuck this corporate mainstream graf wanna-be shit!" responses yet. I'm sure they're coming. It seems a lotta people think that the internet is breeding toys, so I'm sure the same line of thinking can carry over to video games, right?

P.S. Those aren't rollerblades. They're futuristic magnetic rocket skates!

Originally posted by Pistol

the dreamcast one was cool cause you could customize the graffiti you spray in the game. I'm really seriously surprised Sega had enogh balls to put it out.

yeah. i made giant swastikas. it just looked really funny. some raver rollerblading around hitting up giant swastikas. you had to see it.

• 4 weeks later...

I realize I may be the only one who cares..But im gonna bump this thread because the other day I got myself and X-Box and this game. Immediately I went to see what was available for Graff. THeres some decent peices in there. I haven't unlocked them all yet..however. Some of the ones I unlocked in the game...are...

This Crazy Ass Peice..

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/graf_08b.jpg'>

This Peice that I can assume says Jet Set Radio Future

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/grf_04_22.jpg'>

And The most up Writer in video games right now..Sew(Hes had peices in Tony Hawk 3 aswell..Infact I was suprised as fuck when I saw the Sew Red and grey in THPS3..)

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/graf_06b.jpg'>

...The game is alot more ARCADE Orientated I feel. I don't like that the peice you pick automatically shows up in a spot you've painted already. I would have loved to been able to go back to spots and cover up old peices with new ones from the editor.

The Graff Editor in this game is HELLA Clean...Save blending..which I haven't tried but looks to be a pain in the ass in this game(its not like the old one where you apply alittle pressure to the spray button and it mists the color...now it just does a crappy mist...but it doesn't overlap the other color its like it automatically erases the other color and just puts the color your using there. I will figure out blending though.

I Liked the fact you could use fonts in the first game..but this games fonts are gay..(Save the Pseudo 3-D Font..thats killer.). I haven't got all the graffiti in the game yet..but The Haze peices from the first one are back.

I like the game..and i like the fact Sega has the balls to put games like this out. The graffiti in the game..(I have seen alot of it..) is decent for what I've seen. Theres some wackass computer generated shit since Sega held a "Submit your Graffiti to Jet Set Radio" contest before the game. The bad thing about this game...is that it will more than likely breed toys. The first one did. The first one bred alot of Toys actually.

One more thing..the Graffiti editor is awesome for Productions...I was able(With a few of my boys) to put up a decent production in the game...once I get used to it..and figure out how to...I'll get a really good looking production in the game and post it in the thread. God bless Sega.

seriously, for the ultimate game all they have to do is make gta3 but with the ablity to skateboad like thps3 and paint on anything you can get close to with more levells, its going to happen and itll make me not leave my house for days.!!!!!!

Originally posted by el barto

seriously, for the ultimate game all they have to do is make gta3 but with the ablity to skateboad like thps3 and paint on anything you can get close to with more levells, its going to happen and itll make me not leave my house for days.!!!!!!

thats what im say'n....go around skateboard, steal cars, blow shit up, and kill people while your not painting

Guest JoeHatesCops

I dont like that game, it gives me a headache,

I wish rockstar would add graffiti to gta4 or make a thing like they did for gta london that was just an upload, I hardly play video games, but gta 3 is my favorite, and the way the day turns to night, would make it so daytime bombing would get you more somehting(points?fame?),

and like if you got caught theyre would be major fines on your point?/cash? so it wouldnt just be like going out bombing get caught go out again no problem. It would give you more reason to run. and you could paint the subways, and el tracks, they would have to add rooftops tho, and like make you have to push dumpsters and crates to get on them, add some kind of climb feature. It would also be tight if theyre were writers controlled by the computer who could cause beef, and come and try and beat you down, or cross you out. Plus it would be better if the piece would take time instead of appearing instantly. and you could have throws, and tags, and pieces lined up, so you could scroll through them like weapons on the game. And you could choose to be one of the writers they provide. Or create your own, like scan stuff in.

theyre would also have to be a way to buy or rack paint? but I dont know. plus you could jack computer controlled toys for their paint. And youd have to use the colors that you actually had, and different things would take a certain amount of cans. theyred be place like those save garages, where youd choose the lineup(pieces, throws, tags) before you went out, so you couldnt go out and just bust like 40 different pieces changing it up all the time. Like you pick your out line and then go out. I

Ill have more thoughts later, im a nerd for typing all this but im bored, a game like this would prolly be stupid, and just bring HELLA HELLA toys to the game, and if was multiplayer over the internet, it would be tight, but it would bring hella toys, and probablly having people focusing more on the game, then the actual graf itself in real life.

Just beat JSRF a couple of days ago..

man.. there are some parts in this game that are just plain hard. The game is indeed great though. It's like being in a virtual crew :) Time to move on to THPS3 :)

peace,

Guest whoami

man if gta3 had a graffiti add on, I'd jack one of those huge moving trucks and do floaters all over the city...but anyway fuck video games...Here comes the tony hawk wave with Writing....Hope it wont be like skateboarding god...or it go online and all kinds of kids would be in net crews doing graffiti, so they'd play it out on their bookbags and shit, agh fuck everything good is always spoiled....anyway is their a JSRF coming out for PS2? i'm too poor for the xbox...

Guest whoami

Re: Just beat JSRF a couple of days ago..

Originally posted by 9ign

It's like being in a virtual crew -9

I knew you were dumb, but wtf come on? paint a real wall...:(

Originally posted by JoeHatesCops

I dont like that game, it gives me a headache,

I wish rockstar would add graffiti to gta4 or make a thing like they did for gta london that was just an upload, I hardly play video games, but gta 3 is my favorite, and the way the day turns to night, would make it so daytime bombing would get you more somehting(points?fame?),

and like if you got caught theyre would be major fines on your point?/cash? so it wouldnt just be like going out bombing get caught go out again no problem. It would give you more reason to run. and you could paint the subways, and el tracks, they would have to add rooftops tho, and like make you have to push dumpsters and crates to get on them, add some kind of climb feature. It would also be tight if theyre were writers controlled by the computer who could cause beef, and come and try and beat you down, or cross you out. Plus it would be better if the piece would take time instead of appearing instantly. and you could have throws, and tags, and pieces lined up, so you could scroll through them like weapons on the game. And you could choose to be one of the writers they provide. Or create your own, like scan stuff in.

theyre would also have to be a way to buy or rack paint? but I dont know. plus you could jack computer controlled toys for their paint. And youd have to use the colors that you actually had, and different things would take a certain amount of cans. theyred be place like those save garages, where youd choose the lineup(pieces, throws, tags) before you went out, so you couldnt go out and just bust like 40 different pieces changing it up all the time. Like you pick your out line and then go out. I

Ill have more thoughts later, im a nerd for typing all this but im bored, a game like this would prolly be stupid, and just bring HELLA HELLA toys to the game, and if was multiplayer over the internet, it would be tight, but it would bring hella toys, and probablly having people focusing more on the game, then the actual graf itself in real life.

shit, i don't think XBOX or PS2 will be capable of handling so much things like that. So a computer would do the trick. that shit would be fun...killing toys...writing with your "homemade brown mean streak"...write with kecthup...haha

Guest JoeHatesCops

the thing i think would be cool about a GTA 3 type graff game, is that you could just cap cops, but I agree with whoami, that hella net nerds, would latch on to graffit like starcraft or something, but I was thinking about this a bit cause daydreaming is a lot better than reality. but I think it would be tight to have a game like that, roll around in a stolen car, beat people down, shoot people, and do graff. I dont see why youd need a skateboard or roller blades to do graffiti, i could understand a bike, that game would be something tight. like and youd get fame points for everything you did, like depending on th location and the time of day in the game. But the cops in that game would have to be physcho, Cause it would be to easy if youd just run around writing,with normal GTA3 cops, theyd have to chase you down.and have like attack dogs and stuff. man im fucking retarded for writing all this but im bored out ofmy mind. And you know how in GTA 3 you can run between trains on that el thing. well they could make it so at the end of the track theyred be a yard, or it would descend into the tunnels or whatnot and then onto the yards. man that would be a tight a game.

Guest whoami
Originally posted by JoeHatesCops

the thing i think would be cool about a GTA 3 type graff game, is that you could just cap cops, but I agree with whoami, that hella net nerds, would latch on to graffit like starcraft or something, but I was thinking about this a bit cause daydreaming is a lot better than reality. but I think it would be tight to have a game like that, roll around in a stolen car, beat people down, shoot people, and do graff. I dont see why youd need a skateboard or roller blades to do graffiti, i could understand a bike, that game would be something tight. like and youd get fame points for everything you did, like depending on th location and the time of day in the game. But the cops in that game would have to be physcho, Cause it would be to easy if youd just run around writing,with normal GTA3 cops, theyd have to chase you down.and have like attack dogs and stuff. man im fucking retarded for writing all this but im bored out ofmy mind. And you know how in GTA 3 you can run between trains on that el thing. well they could make it so at the end of the track theyred be a yard, or it would descend into the tunnels or whatnot and then onto the yards. man that would be a tight a game.

I'm just gonna email rockstar with this and see what they think hehe

Originally posted by whoami

I'm just gonna email rockstar with this and see what they think hehe

Do that shit Yo.

The one thing I hate about JSRF is the god damn roller blades. Don't get me wrong...cops couldn't catch your ass in the first one with the blades, but now since the cop battles are set so you can't run. Man they shoulda just did that shit on foot. Gave a motherfucker a sidekick and a left and right hook. Had the ability to scale walls and shit by stacking trashcans. then it would be a graffiti sim to an extent

Archived