1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Jet Set Radio: Future

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by OptimusPrime, Mar 5, 2002.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime 12oz Member

Jet Set Radio: Future

Discussion started by OptimusPrime - Mar 5, 2002

played it today. liked it. anyone else?

OptimusPrime - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

mapo wc - Replied Mar 5, 2002

i really liked the first one for the dreamcast.

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Mar 5, 2002

that game just does not look fun for some reason

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Mar 5, 2002

the dreamcast one was cool cause you could customize the graffiti you spray in the game. I'm really seriously surprised Sega had enogh balls to put it out.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. mapo wc

mapo wc 12oz Elite Member

mapo wc - Replied Mar 5, 2002

thats why i liked sega. they werent afraid to take chances.
    to promote the game they even had that graf event in san fran and gave the person with the best piece 5 grand (i think sake won it).

and i remember the mayor of sf was all heated at sega for promoting graf when the city was trying to crack down on it. but sega responded saying graf is art and thats all they were promoting. and in the game they of course had to put the warning that graf is illegal, etc..but they open up the statement with 'graffiti is art. however..etc'. and i was expecting the graf in the game to be some shit made by video game programmers, but instead they hooked up with Haze and had him design some good shit.

mapo wc - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime 12oz Member

OptimusPrime - Replied Mar 5, 2002

yea. the X-Box controller flows more for the freestyle pieces, and the new one has an infinite amount of fill in patterns. the only downside is that the game play is about the same. but if you remember how small the boards on the first one were. the new one has alot larger levels.

OptimusPrime - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. garcia_vega

garcia_vega 12oz Elite Member

garcia_vega - Replied Mar 5, 2002

fuck rollerblading.

garcia_vega - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. 9ign

9ign 12oz Junior Member

9ign - Replied Mar 5, 2002

I'm sooo about to get this. I have the original, and it kicks my ass. I'm only disappointed in not being able to download your own work for the sequel like you could in the original. You're forced into creating your own in game pieces, which is all good, but I liked being able to actually put up my own REAL shit, ya'know?

Anyways.. I'm surprised there hasn't been any "fuck this corporate mainstream graf wanna-be shit!" responses yet. I'm sure they're coming. It seems a lotta people think that the internet is breeding toys, so I'm sure the same line of thinking can carry over to video games, right?

P.S. Those aren't rollerblades. They're futuristic magnetic rocket skates!

9ign - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  9. Icabod_Crane

Icabod_Crane 12oz Junior Member

Icabod_Crane - Replied Mar 5, 2002

i'd just like to see a game where you could paint trains, then hop the train to another city then bomb that city, and so on...:idea:

Icabod_Crane - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  10. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Mar 5, 2002

no sir , bordom city

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  11. dropone

dropone 12oz Member

dropone - Replied Mar 5, 2002

yeah. i made giant swastikas. it just looked really funny. some raver rollerblading around hitting up giant swastikas. you had to see it.

dropone - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. EssAyEmEe3

EssAyEmEe3 12oz Junior Member

EssAyEmEe3 - Replied Mar 28, 2002

I realize I may be the only one who cares..But im gonna bump this thread because the other day I got myself and X-Box and this game. Immediately I went to see what was available for Graff. THeres some decent peices in there. I haven't unlocked them all yet..however. Some of the ones I unlocked in the game...are...

This Crazy Ass Peice..
    http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/graf_08b.jpg'>
    This Peice that I can assume says Jet Set Radio Future
    [img]http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/grf_04_22.jpg'>
    And The most up Writer in video games right now..Sew(Hes had peices in Tony Hawk 3 aswell..Infact I was suprised as fuck when I saw the Sew Red and grey in THPS3..)
    [img]http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/STLCrazyShit/graf_06b.jpg'>

...The game is alot more ARCADE Orientated I feel. I don't like that the peice you pick automatically shows up in a spot you've painted already. I would have loved to been able to go back to spots and cover up old peices with new ones from the editor.

The Graff Editor in this game is HELLA Clean...Save blending..which I haven't tried but looks to be a pain in the ass in this game(its not like the old one where you apply alittle pressure to the spray button and it mists the color...now it just does a crappy mist...but it doesn't overlap the other color its like it automatically erases the other color and just puts the color your using there. I will figure out blending though.
    I Liked the fact you could use fonts in the first game..but this games fonts are gay..(Save the Pseudo 3-D Font..thats killer.). I haven't got all the graffiti in the game yet..but The Haze peices from the first one are back.

I like the game..and i like the fact Sega has the balls to put games like this out. The graffiti in the game..(I have seen alot of it..) is decent for what I've seen. Theres some wackass computer generated shit since Sega held a "Submit your Graffiti to Jet Set Radio" contest before the game. The bad thing about this game...is that it will more than likely breed toys. The first one did. The first one bred alot of Toys actually.

One more thing..the Graffiti editor is awesome for Productions...I was able(With a few of my boys) to put up a decent production in the game...once I get used to it..and figure out how to...I'll get a really good looking production in the game and post it in the thread. God bless Sega.

EssAyEmEe3 - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  13. el barto

el barto 12oz Elite Member

el barto - Replied Mar 28, 2002

seriously, for the ultimate game all they have to do is make gta3 but with the ablity to skateboad like thps3 and paint on anything you can get close to with more levells, its going to happen and itll make me not leave my house for days.!!!!!!

el barto - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Mar 28, 2002

[​IMG]

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  15. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Mar 28, 2002

thats what im say'n....go around skateboard, steal cars, blow shit up, and kill people while your not painting

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: