Jega - Electronic music nerds only need enter

Joker

Has anyone else heard his new album, Geometry? It's absolutely amazing! It's been in such heavy rotation on my computer lately that I'm begining to believe that it's the theme music for my computers inner-workings. The heavy beats and then all the clicks and blips... I'm struck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Jega crushes shit... the title track on that album owns my face with a fierceness.

That said, I think his earlier album, "Spectrum", is better... tons of variety and excellent stuff all throughout. It's different sounding than "Geometry" in that it travels through a few different recognizable styles, whereas "Geometry" stays within a rather similar (although harder to pinpoint what it is) sound thoughout the whole album.

But yeah, get both.

Guest BROWNer

i haven't heard geometry, but i used to own spectrum..

i remember liking one song alot, but i found that the

rest of the album, just overall, was way too repetitive.

that's the one thing i can't stand about alot of breakbeat

electronic shit...some songs are ridiculously long and

repetitive. uziq and vibert are bad for that as well...

i also find jega sounding a bit too much like the former

sometimes..

The only song I've heard from Spectrum is Unity Gain... and it was a damn good song. I looked for it at the record shop a few days ago, but no go. So I'm on the search.

I've also gotten into the Venetian Snares lately as well... thanks to Dibs and the hook up. They're a little out of control but to the point where I really like it. As if they take you to the edge and then make you hang on for a while.

tiki.obmar local electronic type music, really good guys who make really good music. Its a lot different then your average electronic type stuff since they have a bass player/keyboard player, a guy who uses an MPC/drummer(best drummer in MN), and a guitarist who hooks his guitar through his powerbook to get different instruments affects on it. I suggest you check them out. As far as i know, they only have one song that you can download, and its on mp3.com. check