Jazz, R&B with Jazz elements, Acid Jazz.. etc.

test pattern

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest platapie

i find eryka to be a bit more neo soul and whatnot. and then off that neo soul tip i will go with the new aim witch is off the fuckign hizzey.

Guest Ted Wakowski

coltrane..muddy waters..dizzy...i like dj shadow...portishead...miles davis..bb king..thelonious monk...nora jones is fresh....by the way this is WILT

alot of what you guys are talking about is "jazzy hip hop" which is pretty cool as far as hip hop goes (which isn't very far at all), but incredible played out. i'm tired of the trend of hip hop kids who think they're cool because they pretend to be down with jazz. i think most of these fools like to tink of jazz as being somehow related to hip hop, which is completely ridiculous. just because you use a miles davis sample in your shitty beat does not mean you're worth even mentioning in the sam sentence as ANY jazz artist. jazz is one of the most intimately complex and beautiful forms of music ever created. hip hop is retard music.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

muddy waters...by the way this is WILT

yeah.. I remember you saying that before.

----------------

one of the best breaks-jazz-fusion albums ever...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000I9DE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg'>

Ki-Oku

DJ Krush, Toshinori Kondo

Toshinori plays some fine jazzy trumpet while krush does what he does best.

This album feels like driving through the bank district of a major city at night,

while staring out the skylight into the starry night sky. <Nice eh?

click the winamp icon to hear the BeatBlender stream... funky stuff!

http://www.winamp.com/images/themes/modern/radio.gif'>

fuck people...

why don't we try and blur the line a little more...dj shadow? mc hammer? badu?

you people need to read up on jazz and acid jazz.

acid jazz is shit like jimmy smith, and MMW, metalwood...miles davis' bitches brew. for the most part acid jazz does not exist anymore, but is being replaced w/ group progressive fusion w/ groups like 'the cinematic orchestra'

our modern conception of 'acid jazz' as djs spinning shit with horns in it...is not acid jazz...it's djs spinning shit with horns in it...are you going to call herbaliser a jazz group? they fuckin' kick shit up, but it ain't fuckin' jazz...no argument that it borrows from jazz...but that shit ain't acid jazz. is fuckin' groove armada jazz just cause they studied jazz at school?

and to throw in a few classics ppl haven't mentioned: django and ellington.

and classics: chet baker, jimmy stitts, the birdman

and a few currents: joshua redman (live only), brandford marsalis (not wynton...brandford goes way the fuck out there sometimes), joe lavano (live), or excursion.

out.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by dot.

our modern conception of 'acid jazz' as djs spinning shit with horns in it...is not acid jazz...it's djs spinning shit with horns in it...are you going to call herbaliser a jazz group?

the herbaliser band does come close.

And the dj krush album is a live trumpet plaid along with the beats. so I'd call that jazz.

Sure just playing records is NOT playing jazz, but the umbrella term 'jazz' has grown to cover a lot more that it ever has.

Archived