JAY Z BUYS THE NEW YORK NETS!!!

khaotic970

CRAZY SHIT CHECK THE ARTICLE

sohh.com

It's official, Jigga buys N.J. Nets

Thu Jan 22 11:08:05 2004

Jay-Z's officially in the basketball business according to announcements that his group, led by real estate developer Bruce Ratner, have officially won the bid to buy the New Jersey Nets.

Ratner's $300 million bid was accepted over a rival offer from billionaire New Jersey Senator Jon Corzine and developer Charles Kushner who offered $267.5 million.

"We have a contract," said Edwin Stier, president of Community Youth Organization, which currently owns the Nets.

Jay-Z and company's goal to change the name of the team and move it to his hometown, Brooklyn, has already been met with some opposition. Besides community groups who are opposed to the 19,000 seater stadium moving to their neighborhood, The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority said it would lobby the National Basketball Association to bar the team from being called the Brooklyn Nets.

"We'll ask to keep the name 'The New Jersey Nets,' so we can go out and get another team," said NJSEA President George Zoffinger.

Ratner would need NBA team owner approval for a name change. New Jersey wants to keep the "Nets" moniker, prompting speculation of what the Brooklyn team will be named. The defunct but favored "Brooklyn Dodgers" name would be virtually impossible to retain considering the Los Angeles Dodgers trademark ownership.

"It's got to have the name Brooklyn in it, and I assume it will probably wind up to be the Brooklyn Nets," said Mayor Bloomberg.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mental invalid

this has disaster all over it

Why? If they build a stadium, I don’t see why New Yorkers can’t go see the Knicks and this new team. There must be a market there, or why would this group try and buy the team?

Anyway, if they don’t build the stadium, what’s going to happen? Where will they play? Maybe they should just stay in NJ.

this is just going to branch off to a terrible mess. this is just going to show that the icy hot big tymerz and any other rap star could purchase some national team without knowing anything about the sport and whatnot. i could be wrong but rappers are taking over. this shits got to stop and die just like techno and pop music. i mean dam there all making there own liqour,tampons,toilet fresheners,air force ones,stupid throwbacks. 5 bucks on the first serial killer to hit some wide known rappers and celebrities instead of texas crackwhores in hotel rooms.

one love.

Originally posted by dr.testical

this is just going to branch off to a terrible mess. this is just going to show that the icy hot big tymerz and any other rap star could purchase some national team without knowing anything about the sport and whatnot. i could be wrong but rappers are taking over. this shits got to stop and die just like techno and pop music. i mean dam there all making there own liqour,tampons,toilet fresheners,air force ones,stupid throwbacks. 5 bucks on the first serial killer to hit some wide known rappers and celebrities instead of texas crackwhores in hotel rooms.

one love.

How did you figure out that Mr. Sean Carter knows nothing about basketball? He frequently attends NBA games, from what I’ve seen. I wouldn’t put him on the same page as a big tymer, either, just because his lyrics seem FAAAAR more intelligent.

It seems to me that you can’t stand seeing a black man succeed. That is, unless he’s an Uncle Tom, right? Admit it.

I’d reply to the rest, but I don’t understand what you just said. The retard forum is down the street.

weapon X. what was ment to be said in that was more directed towards rappers such as the juvenile click big tymers stunaz da block is hot. all tha garbage. its like lil jon buying out osh kosh and playskool toys and making it cool for other rappers to invest in something they just think they should own.. come on.its not that i dont want to see the blackman succeed.. im good either way. im just trying to get the point accross that these guys are going nuts investing in all these products and companies. what jay-z is doing is good i guess for him i could care less.i dont know.

Originally posted by khaotic

Jay-Z and company's goal to change the name of the team and move it to his hometown, Brooklyn, has already been met with some opposition. Besides community groups who are opposed to the 19,000 seater stadium moving to their neighborhood, The New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority said it would lobby the National Basketball Association to bar the team from being called the Brooklyn Nets.

"We'll ask to keep the name 'The New Jersey Nets,' so we can go out and get another team," said NJSEA President George Zoffinger.

Ratner would need NBA team owner approval for a name change. New Jersey wants to keep the "Nets" moniker, prompting speculation of what the Brooklyn team will be named. The defunct but favored "Brooklyn Dodgers" name would be virtually impossible to retain considering the Los Angeles Dodgers trademark ownership.

what about calling the team "BK niggas". that'd be turbo fucking awesome

Originally posted by dr.testical

weapon X. what was ment to be said in that was more directed towards rappers such as the juvenile click big tymers stunaz da block is hot. all tha garbage. its like lil jon buying out osh kosh and playskool toys and making it cool for other rappers to invest in something they just think they should own.. come on.its not that i dont want to see the blackman succeed.. im good either way. im just trying to get the point accross that these guys are going nuts investing in all these products and companies. what jay-z is doing is good i guess for him i could care less.i dont know.

Hey, if these guys want to invest, why not? That is what capitalism is all about. I’d rather make dollars by sitting on my ass watching headline news than out there working overtime.

Anyway, I’d rather see bigtymers or lil wayne or whoever succeed by investing in a clothing or toy company rather than rapping all over the radio. That way I won’t have to hear ‘em as I’m flipping through.

No doubt, good for Jay-Z. Good for the Brooklyn residents if they get the relocation. Too bad for the mutant freaks who live in the Meadowlands. :D

Originally posted by Weapon X

What they need to do is rebuild Ebbet’s Field.

they did. it's highrise projects. i used to live right down the street. crown heights son.

good for jigga.