jaw clicking

Guest professor poopatronic

does this ever happen to you guys? it kinda scares me it's more like a loud popping and it kinda hurts. it just started happening a couple weeks ago. i've heard about this happening from using e, but i'm not some damn raver and i hardly ever do any other drugs besides weed. anybody know if this is something to worry about?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not to scare you ... but it could be something to worry about.

My sister has had surgery due to her jaw problems .. all of which started with her jaw hurting and clicking while she chewed. A few months later, the range of her jaw was severly limited and the pain was a hell of a lot worse.

She eventually got surgery to correct the problem. They had to shave her hair around her ears so they could "fix" what they thought was wrong. Now, over a year later, the problem is just as bad as it was before, and she's looking into having surgery again. Only this time, she'll have to wear braces 6 mos. prior to the surgery .. then have her jaw wired shut for 4 weeks after the surgery. Shit sucks.

So, needless to say, if the problem persists, go and have it checked out.

hmm... well that sucks, but at least i know now. it only happens like once a day at the most, but i'm definately going to be paying attention to see if it gets worse/doesn't go away. sweet, yet another thing to add to my huge list of crappy shit going on in my life at the moment.

dude it's called TMJ from all the bj's you give.

;)

Just playin' man I got that shit too compounded with a fractured jaw that I never knew about.

You probably grind your teeth at night too. There is an operation available. But the doc said it isn't 100%. It might help but it might not do anything. The operation would be to clean up some of the bone or muscle fragments laying around. While you were open the would give you an cortisone shot for the pain to try and help. Also try anti inflammatory's such as Motrin. I've been on Motrin, then Naproxen, now Indocin for over 10 years. What's fucked is the TMJ gives you headaches too. You might also wanna go visit a chiropractor. I learned a few exercises to try to help.

Try opening your mouth and use your hand too push back on it to make it open fluidly. Chances are when you open your mouth it juts out in front before opening. Correcting that problem could help ease the poppin. Also even if you feel like a dork mouthpieces at night are supposed to help you by stopping the grinding of the teeth. You can get one custom at the dentist or just from the sporting goods store.

:D

My Jaw snaps all the time and it sends this shooting pain all up through my skull. I never really gave a fuck about it though.

What are you some kinda bitch, suck it up!

just fuckin' witcha

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

My girlfriends jaw clicks every time she opens her mouth wide. She also grinds her teeth in her sleep. I'd imagine they are related

on my 20th birthday we both did E for the first time, and she grinded her jaw so bad she cracked teeth. It looked real funny though

Ah i was just about to bring up the wonderous side effects of MDMA in relation to this subject. About 2 weeks ago i rolled and since it was pure MDMA i really didnt have any issues with teeth grinding, how ever i have learned from previous experiances to bring along a chew toy (Gum is my personal fav.)

The jaw popping recently started effecting my girlfriend as well about 4-5 months ago. She usually goes to sleep before I do so I can hear her grinding her teeth at night too. I'm glad neither of us are or were tweekers or we would have had it bad.

I think the grinding teeth at night is called Braundice but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Smok

My Jaw snaps all the time and it sends this shooting pain all up through my skull. I never really gave a fuck about it though.

What are you some kinda bitch, suck it up!

just fuckin' witcha

Originally posted by High Priest

Ah i was just about to bring up the wonderous side effects of MDMA in relation to this subject. About 2 weeks ago i rolled and since it was pure MDMA i really didnt have any issues with teeth grinding, how ever i have learned from previous experiances to bring along a chew toy (Gum is my personal fav.)

this is not good behavior for TMJ sufferers. it is totally a quick fix and will come back to bite ya, trust me, i've had this for some years. what pete said is true. i'll tell you what i know, no gum, no caffine, these are musts. i haven't had many headaches lately, i think it's because i don't indulge these things. tmj is not always involved with grinding, in fact it's a form of lockjaw, only milder?, remember those tetnus shots?:( . the cause of it is not just MDMA either, it results from other environmental toxins i think, can you say spray paint?, and, esp. head injury. this is how it happened to me, i had concussions before, but this one time i was playing hockey, i sucked back then, and i was trying to get the puck off some guys stick, he was like 6'4 220, definately division I material, i was reaching around him, and he swung his torso around cracked me in the jaw. well, i didn't go to the hospital, but this is how i knew that i was concussed: i had just eaten the sizzler special, and i was competing with my friend to see who could eat the most shrimp right, i had like 70 some odd shrimp. you can bet that was some nasty shit coming up. if you ever think you've taken a blow, GO TO THE HOSPITAL, the other times i did, but this time i think caused the TMJ.

yeah chewing gum is a no no. you wanna try and make your jaw do as little work as possible. Caffeine is bad too but i'm addicted. It's supposed to help if you get the wisdom teeth taken out. But again it mighthave no effect either. If your jaw is worse in the morning it is almost for sure that you grind at night. Your jaw muscles are all stressed. yeah headaches are a bitch. especially at school when your tired and start to yawn then it starts popping then you get headaches. My body is so used to the medications I've grown immune after over 10 years.

my jaw cracks loud everytime i open it for the most part

sometimes people look at me if i open it in a quiet place

i never thought much of it but maybe i should get it checked out

it cracking like a motherfucker right now cause im eating oreos

oh god im gonna die :o

Originally posted by Pegleg Pete

yo man could i have your truck and digi cam?

i could metrolink it to your pad and drive it back no prob.

;)

make me an oolong coffin and youve got a deal

whensdeadoner :dazed:

Guest Stoney Blaze

I grew up with this kid named Gordon. He used to electric bugaloo back in 84 and he used to incorporate his jaw clicking when ever he popped.

I also knew a dude who's jaw locked up from mononucleosis.

You may want to see a doc if you've been necking with any questionable females.

My jaw is out of place cuz my mom socked me like 2 years ago when I got really mad and called her the b word (god forbid me to ever disrespect my mom again, shits not cool)... but my mom got pissed, and socked my mouth/jaw. So I think she broke like a hinge or something, Or it's out of place..... Sometimes, it'll "LOCK" up, and i'll only be able to open it a lil bit........ then i have to play with it and move it side to side to wiggle it and have it fall into "place"...... sometimes it locks up, and i'll just try to OPEN it without the wiggling, and it goes CRACK CRACK CRACK... which is some sick shit, and im sure im causing more damage. I got it checked out at the chiropractor one day, and he was all TSK TSK'ing me, saying my jaw is fucked. It sucks, cuz I like making out and all that cool stuff, but my jaw will tighten up, (HE doesnt know it, but IIII do, so I gotta get all slick and move it back in place or loosen it up....)

If it gets worse I'm gunna see what I can do about it..... it sucks... but I hope your jaw gets better. Hey, mines too.

Originally posted by Pegleg Pete

yeah chewing gum is a no no. you wanna try and make your jaw do as little work as possible. Caffeine is bad too but i'm addicted. It's supposed to help if you get the wisdom teeth taken out. But again it mighthave no effect either. If your jaw is worse in the morning it is almost for sure that you grind at night. Your jaw muscles are all stressed. yeah headaches are a bitch. especially at school when your tired and start to yawn then it starts popping then you get headaches. My body is so used to the medications I've grown immune after over 10 years.

keep your damn insinuations to yourself peg! i often cant get to sleep unless i sleep on my side, another tmj no no, that's why it hurts more in the morning, bitch. medicationless, and proud over here.

DEE-wow that's a pretty cool thing to think about, that's something i don't really think about so you don't have to worry about it being a turn off or something. for a girl maybe i could see them getting some heebie-jeebies, but for a guy. . . i guess someone did make the blowjob remark here, that's about the worst you can expect out of us. if it's the way you describe it sound a bit like tmj, but i don't know, you could just have mechanical issues which may or may not be able to be fixed.

Archived