Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

jaw clicking

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by professor poopatronic, Apr 26, 2002.

1. does this ever happen to you guys? it kinda scares me it's more like a loud popping and it kinda hurts. it just started happening a couple weeks ago. i've heard about this happening from using e, but i'm not some damn raver and i hardly ever do any other drugs besides weed. anybody know if this is something to worry about?

2. abortron

abortron Guest

HAHAHAHAHA............yer gonna die.

3. SHELLTOES

SHELLTOES Member

yup. start making out your will now.

4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Not to scare you ... but it could be something to worry about.

My sister has had surgery due to her jaw problems .. all of which started with her jaw hurting and clicking while she chewed. A few months later, the range of her jaw was severly limited and the pain was a hell of a lot worse.

She eventually got surgery to correct the problem. They had to shave her hair around her ears so they could "fix" what they thought was wrong. Now, over a year later, the problem is just as bad as it was before, and she's looking into having surgery again. Only this time, she'll have to wear braces 6 mos. prior to the surgery .. then have her jaw wired shut for 4 weeks after the surgery. Shit sucks.

So, needless to say, if the problem persists, go and have it checked out.

5. hmm... well that sucks, but at least i know now. it only happens like once a day at the most, but i'm definately going to be paying attention to see if it gets worse/doesn't go away. sweet, yet another thing to add to my huge list of crappy shit going on in my life at the moment.

6. Pegleg Pete

Pegleg Pete New Jack

dude it's called TMJ from all the bj's you give.

;)
    Just playin' man I got that shit too compounded with a fractured jaw that I never knew about.

You probably grind your teeth at night too. There is an operation available. But the doc said it isn't 100%. It might help but it might not do anything. The operation would be to clean up some of the bone or muscle fragments laying around. While you were open the would give you an cortisone shot for the pain to try and help. Also try anti inflammatory's such as Motrin. I've been on Motrin, then Naproxen, now Indocin for over 10 years. What's fucked is the TMJ gives you headaches too. You might also wanna go visit a chiropractor. I learned a few exercises to try to help.
    Try opening your mouth and use your hand too push back on it to make it open fluidly. Chances are when you open your mouth it juts out in front before opening. Correcting that problem could help ease the poppin. Also even if you feel like a dork mouthpieces at night are supposed to help you by stopping the grinding of the teeth. You can get one custom at the dentist or just from the sporting goods store.

:D

7. platapie

platapie Guest

go get that shit checked out.

8. Smok

Smok Guest

My Jaw snaps all the time and it sends this shooting pain all up through my skull. I never really gave a fuck about it though.

What are you some kinda bitch, suck it up!

just fuckin' witcha

9. platapie

platapie Guest

dude maybe you need the doctor also.

10. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

My girlfriends jaw clicks every time she opens her mouth wide. She also grinds her teeth in her sleep. I'd imagine they are related

on my 20th birthday we both did E for the first time, and she grinded her jaw so bad she cracked teeth. It looked real funny though

11. SHELLTOES

SHELLTOES Member

why is it funny if your girl has cracked teeth? sounds hillbilly to me. jk

12. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

now just the cusps of two of her molars.

anyway the funny part was how she had her jaw stuck out in front of her all night:D

13. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Ah i was just about to bring up the wonderous side effects of MDMA in relation to this subject. About 2 weeks ago i rolled and since it was pure MDMA i really didnt have any issues with teeth grinding, how ever i have learned from previous experiances to bring along a chew toy (Gum is my personal fav.)

14. Pegleg Pete

Pegleg Pete New Jack

The jaw popping recently started effecting my girlfriend as well about 4-5 months ago. She usually goes to sleep before I do so I can hear her grinding her teeth at night too. I'm glad neither of us are or were tweekers or we would have had it bad.

I think the grinding teeth at night is called Braundice but I could be wrong.

15. 23578

23578 Elite Member