Japanese Internet Suicide

metallix

3 Japanese Deaths Linked to Web Suicides

The Associated Press

Sunday, May 25, 2003; 10:56 AM

TOKYO - Three people were found dead in an apartment in western Japan in what appeared to be the latest in a series of group suicides linked to the Internet, police said Sunday.

More than a dozen people have died so far this year in group suicides in which participants are believed not to have known each other before meeting online.

30-year-old man and two women aged 21 and 18 were found dead Saturday night of carbon monoxide poisoning from a charcoal stove in a sealed room in the man's apartment in the western city of Kyoto, said a police officer at the Fushimi precinct. Their bodies were sprawled on a bed, and a suicide note was found in another room.

The three were from different prefectures, or states, and investigators believe they may have met over an Internet site that brings together people who want to end their lives, said the officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Dozens of such sites have sprung up online in Japan, where a decade-long economic slump has been blamed for an increasing number of suicides.

© 2003 The Associated Press

from

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2003May25.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ********

in Japan marijauna is highly prosecuted....I heard that a gram over there cost THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

talk about a stressed out culture....that really sucks. I hope their souls end up where they wanted them to.

In China during the communist revolution they shot drug users dead. Rounded them all up and put bullets in their head. Problem solved. Saddam Hussein hung drug dealers/users. The Taliban executed poppy growers.

Originally posted by metallix

In China during the communist revolution they shot drug users dead. Rounded them all up and put bullets in their head. Problem solved. Saddam Hussein hung drug dealers/users. The Taliban executed poppy growers.

and yet saddam's son had 2 keys of heroin found in one of his houses. funny, huh?

i think that suicide shit is pretty fucked up. i'm a firm believer in 'this too shall pass.' but hey, thats just me.

marijuana in japan is on average $80-100 a gram in the northern most island its free. it grows wild everywhere. the japanese used to be one of the leading producer of hemp. they used it for cheap kimonos, baskets, and seven spice seasoning. the police dont really care too much about it, i mean the drinking culture is out of control here, little is known about weed so its lumped in with harder drugs due to america`s war on drugs policy. and up until last year you could buy a wide variety of mushrooms and xtc from head shops. if they wanted to ring out to dry they could but most times they just throw it out. penalties are stiff fines usually.

suicide in japan happens alot. they`ll kill themselves over burnt toast. they can`t accept failure like americans. we`re used to that shit. one bad thing and its off a building.

Originally posted by serum

marijuana in japan is on average $80-100 a gram in the northern most island its free. it grows wild everywhere. the japanese used to be one of the leading producer of hemp. they used it for cheap kimonos, baskets, and seven spice seasoning. the police dont really care too much about it, i mean the drinking culture is out of control here, little is known about weed so its lumped in with harder drugs due to america`s war on drugs policy. and up until last year you could buy a wide variety of mushrooms and xtc from head shops. if they wanted to ring out to dry they could but most times they just throw it out. penalties are stiff fines usually.

suicide in japan happens alot. they`ll kill themselves over burnt toast. they can`t accept failure like americans. we`re used to that shit. one bad thing and its off a building.

Damn, the Japanese are so ANAL....

Originally posted by metallix

thats some of the better shit they did

Originally posted by the A squad

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

emo's:yum:

i just found out

suicide=kills ones self

matricide=kill your mom

patricide=kill your father

who would make up words to kill your mom or dad?????????

Latin Lesson from ShApE:

the words patricide and matricide come from the latin words Pater, moter, Pater meaning father and moter meaning mother

ShApE's list of words most likely to be spelled wrong:

Pater

Mater

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by vinyl junkie

watch the movie suicide club... that movie's dope...

I just got done watching that so I decided to do a search for a thread on it and here i am.

But yes, that movie was dope/crazy/weird...and I don't really get dessert's part in the story.

Originally posted by the A squad

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

emo's:yum:

i just found out

suicide=kills ones self

matricide=kill your mom

patricide=kill your father

who would make up words to kill your mom or dad?????????

Why not? We already have fratricide, ethnicide, and genocide?

Hey that sucks about the japanese suicide trend, I know it's always been pretty high there cause of the stress they put on school and shit like that but damn, now because the economy is low? I thought it went sour about 4 or 5 years ago? How can these masters of innovation who brought themselves out of the destruction of WW2 to become a leader in economics become so low? Well the US is low too, no thanks to our president. If I was japan I would be working the hell out of alternative energies so I get out of the oil dependency, especially since now Bush has pretty much monopolized the oil and can simply put his competitors out of business or acquire them. Fuck oil. Greedy motherfuckers been fighting over afghanistan since the soviet union broke up.... and Iraq. Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan... etc. etc.

I am willing to discuss alternative energies and autonomous economies.... Discuss?

man, if i ever go to japan, whenever someone su much as invades my general 3 feet of personal space, i'm going to fly into a tirade about how they've failed in life, they're worthless, and have nothing to live for. if that doesn't work, i'm going to punch them.

knaahmsayin.

Archived