Japan

freeze

i:m pretty sure that this thread will piss most of you off with the lack of flics, but i figured i:d start it anyways as flics should be on the way.

well, i made it to japan...i just up and left everything in the city and fucking left. i quit my job on monday morning, went home, packed up my apartment, and was on a plane at 6:00 am the next morning. everything seemed to be going smoothly until the captain of my plane to tokyo came over the pa saying that someone had left a menacing note in one of the lavatories and we would have to be diverted to seattle. so, somewhere over bumblefuck canada we turn towards seattle to be greeted by the bomb squad, told to evacuate the plane, get searched again...5 hours later we:re on our way. this little delay caused me to miss all of my connections to akita, so i slept outside the train station in tokyo with the business types to catch the first train in the morning.

after a 4 hour train ride cramped behind a seat because i could only get standing room only, my girl meets me and life is peachy.

i:ve only been here a couple of day, but already have experienced several traditional japanese festivals for their celebration of obon (similar to mexico:s dia de los muertos).

alright, i:m getting long without flics...hoping to get a new digi within the next few days. if anybody knows where/what kind of shop i can pick up some mean streaks in japan that would be dope.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck yeah....that's tight you actually picked up and split...I remember your thread from what?...last month or something....good luck with that move....I need to move real soon before I start shotgunnin' people heads off and end up in jail....the people here are getting on my nerves....and I'm about to go postal...anyways,you're from Chitown......so yell at the top of your lungs "FREE HARRY ALEMAN!!!"....

good luck from 455.

Originally posted by freeze

if anybody knows where/what kind of shop i can pick up some mean streaks in japan that would be dope.

I dunno about way up there, but here there's a store called The Workman that has some streaks. Not sure about the variety of colors, but I know they have some. Also, in the mall type things they have here, there's an art store call Sekaido and they should have some too.

Originally posted by Telo

The next thread by freeze is going to have the title

"mygirlfrienddumpedmeandimovedbacktoamericawithnomoneynojobandnohouseim typingallofthisfromthelibrarymyhouseisaboxoner"

that would make for great stories too...

Originally posted by freeze

i:m pretty sure that this thread will piss most of you off with the lack of flics, but i figured i:d start it anyways as flics should be on the way.

well, i made it to japan...i just up and left everything in the city and fucking left. i quit my job on monday morning, went home, packed up my apartment, and was on a plane at 6:00 am the next morning. everything seemed to be going smoothly until the captain of my plane to tokyo came over the pa saying that someone had left a menacing note in one of the lavatories and we would have to be diverted to seattle. so, somewhere over bumblefuck canada we turn towards seattle to be greeted by the bomb squad, told to evacuate the plane, get searched again...5 hours later we:re on our way. this little delay caused me to miss all of my connections to akita, so i slept outside the train station in tokyo with the business types to catch the first train in the morning.

after a 4 hour train ride cramped behind a seat because i could only get standing room only, my girl meets me and life is peachy.

i:ve only been here a couple of day, but already have experienced several traditional japanese festivals for their celebration of obon (similar to mexico:s dia de los muertos).

alright, i:m getting long without flics...hoping to get a new digi within the next few days. if anybody knows where/what kind of shop i can pick up some mean streaks in japan that would be dope.

For Sakura meanstreaks, as well as paint markers and spraycans (they don't lock 'em up in Japan), just go to the "Tokyo Hands" store in Shibuya. It's like a Japanese Home Depot/Wal-Mart. For your digital camera and other electronics go to Akihabara. The green JR Line will take you to either place. Also check out the graffiti wall in Yokohama near the Landmark Tower... good luck.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI ROPPONGI

tokyos got some cracking night life....but you gotta have lots of skrillah

i wish i did lens. i was only in tokyo overnight, and i had all of my shit with me, so i was pretty immobile. i:m staying pretty far north of tokyo in a much smaller city. we:re going to try to hit up tokyo pretty soon though because my girl:s all about it. i:ll ask her when she gets home from work, she lived there for a year, so she might know. you might want to hit up azert, he:s in tokyo now. more updates later...

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by LENS

Hey freeze, i'll be visiting Tokyo in December....got any inside info on graffiti hot spots/hot schoolchicks?

i might be in tokyo this december too we should meet up and put it down for the bay area

graff spots are somewhat nonexistant though i do have a few rolldowns and train track spots ive had my eye on for 2 years but never hit them

why the fuck would you wanna do graffiti in tokyo when theres so many wonderful bars and women!??!?!

update...

the other night one of my girl:s teacher friends met us for dinner and karaoke. it was fun as shit. he had just come back from his home town after visiting for the obon holiday and hadn:t eaten for the entire six hour journey. we ended up going to yakiniku which is kind of like benihana, except for you do all of the cooking yourself. i got the greatest flic of the the kid, taka. he was so damn hungry he had his mouth full of noodles, chopstix full of beef, an ice cream cone in one hand and a beer close by...he had the biggest grin on his face too. priceless.

this weekend, if the weather holds, we are going to all go to either the sea of japan or the pacific ocean for a little swimming action. along the way we are going to hit up the city of odate so hopefully i can pick up a new digi and get you all some flics. right now i:m just using a cannon elph and don:t have a scanner.

anyways, more updates as they come...

*oh, and don:t ever, i repeat, ever, try baked shrimp and pepper pringles...they are the worst shit in the world. hands down.

flics

http://www.photodump.com/direct/z1dicer/bonodori.jpg'>

this is some crazy float from the bonodori festival in takanosu... crazies just danced around it to some shrieking lady for a couple hours. gave me a head ache

http://www.photodump.com/direct/z1dicer/zandkimonoladies.jpg'>

this is a pic of me with some ladies all dressed up in kimonos behind me doin some sort of traditional japanese dance

http://www.photodump.com/direct/z1dicer/zatizakaya.jpg'>

japanese restaurant we went to with private rooms and tatami floors, had to sit on the floor and my legs cramped up cause i'm so damn tall. but the ramen was good...

http://www.photodump.com/direct/z1dicer/zackandmerrica.jpg'>

me and the lady...

from a camera phone... more to come later this weekend hopefully

i haven:t encountered the $6 cokes, but beers are at least $5 in restaurants and $10 for a six pack in stores. i:m currently enjoying a $6 bottle of cheap saki out of a carton at the present. we:re going swimming now, will be back with flics later.

Originally posted by THE CORONER

arent you the same guy that said you found 2000 dollars.

which he used tobuy said plane ticket.

anyway, nuff respec' mate, i dont think i would have had the balls myself to go!

mmmm?

It`s really not all that expensive. I have found similarly overpriced items in many American cities as well. I drink tallcans from the convenience stores for 2 bucks and get on the guestlist due to my shit talk abilities. Bumrush the train, eat onigiri, curryrice and ramen. Roppongi sucks for the most part. The nightlife is dope here and as for not painting here I say bullshit. I love it here, it` a taggers paradise. Going all- city here is crazy hard because every little hood is like another city. Big ups Very QP Sect Wanto Zecs and Ekys for being crazy ninjas. And there`s lots of mega beautiful women.:lick:

Archived