James Brown charged with domestic violence

king kong

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/LAW/01/28/james.brown.arrested.ap/story.brown.jpg'>

AIKEN, South Carolina (AP) -- Soul singer James Brown was arrested Wednesday after he allegedly pushed his wife to the floor during an argument, authorities said.

Brown, 70, was charged with criminal domestic violence and was to remain jailed until a bond hearing Thursday morning, Aiken County sheriff's spokesman Lt. Michael Frank said.

Investigators say Brown shoved his wife during an argument in a bedroom at the couple's home in Beech Island, 70 miles southwest of Columbia.

Tomi Rae Brown, 33, had scratches and bruises to her right arm and hip and was taken to a hospital, Frank said.

James Brown's publicist Simone Smalls declined to comment Wednesday.

Brown is known as the Godfather of Soul for a multitude of hits, including "I Got You (I Feel Good)," "Sex Machine" and "Living in America." Last month he was honored at the Kennedy Center as "one of the most influential musicians of the past 50 years."

Brown served a 2 1/2-year prison term after a 1988 arrest on drug and assault charges and was convicted of a drug-related offense in 1998. He was granted a state pardon in May.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by king kong

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/LAW/01/28/james.brown.arrested.ap/story.brown.jpg'>

Tomi Rae Brown, 33, had scratches and bruises to her right arm and hip and was taken to a hospital, Frank said.

Brown served a 2 1/2-year prison term after a 1988 arrest on drug and assault charges and was convicted of a drug-related offense in 1998. He was granted a state pardon in May.

what drugs did he get popped for?

And a 33 yr old wife? he's 70? shit, well, if i had the money I would have a harem of fine ass girls half my age....like hugh heffner.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

oohhhh hell no!

ahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha...

"This is a mans world!"

Lens-he was busted for smoking crack back in the day.

Guest WebsterUno

...ok..ok...I stopped laughing...

seriously, he is the godfather soul...

and he is one cool brutha.

Its sucks that he got caught up

in smoking dope and all that

other b.s. Big ups to him.

But damn, that pic of him is hilarious.

almost as bad as the nick nolte mugshot.

Archived