jailtime?

ghostvandal

Ok i know that "if you get caught painting trains you shouldn't be painting trains" but since Ive been having nightmares 2 nights in a row about getting caught and going to jail, i was wondering if any of you knows exactly what do you get if you get caught painting freights. Whats the fine or how much time do you do. I know that some dude went to jail for clean trains, then got deported, but what about freights? thanks

oh and also, what does the jpotato smilies refers to?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...sentencing is going to be different in every locale, city/state or whatnot...if you're really curious do some research of local court records and see what people have been charged/sentenced with...but yeah youre probably gonna get some time...if you're scared of jail you should just quit now...i don't mean that in a mean sense, just in an upfront blatant truth sense...

This applys to Canadians; If you're hittin CN, that's a "crown corporation" so it's a federal offence, federal court and all, as opposed to municipal. I can't remember what the differences between the two are. Get a good lawyer, I did, it cost me but the end results were favorable.

bottom line...it depends on who caught you, how much experience the arresting party has with graffiti, what exactly they have on you....so on and so forth....your never going to get a concrete answer because it will be different everytime...

like porque said...if your that worried then quit....you could end up with a slap on the wrist, you could end up with multiple felonies....thats the chance you take....bottom line, be ready to deal with what ever happens and dont ever get comfortable doing what you do....

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

in some states doing graffiti at all is a felony. add to that tresspassing and restitution fines and you're propper fucked.

some helpfull tips.

first, try to get away and always watch your back.

second, if you get caught be sure to be extra friendly to the cop, bull, hero-well if its a hero and they attack you and you can whup 'em-then whup that mother fucker but dont forget felony assault and battery charges will do you more damage.

third- when your trying to get away ditch all your materials and destroy film or memory card.

fourth, if you get caught dont say anything at all.

fifth, you may go to jail you may not. if you go to jail mind your own and watch your back and if you dont then start thinking of somthing real good to say to the judge.

Originally posted by Flow ish

This applys to Canadians; If you're hittin CN, that's a "crown corporation" so it's a federal offence, federal court and all, as opposed to municipal. I can't remember what the differences between the two are. Get a good lawyer, I did, it cost me but the end results were favorable.

CN hasnt been a crown corporation since 1995. they privatized, and are no different from any other railroad now.

I know a kid that got busted for tagbanging who got an indeterminate sentence in the Juvenile Detention Center. He's been in JDC for nine months (so far) at age 16. His real problem is that he was on probation for posession of marijuana. He didn't take probation seriously, and thought his juvenile hearing (read "trial") was a big joke. The judge said tagging while on probation is a VOP, and sent him to the West Dallas JDC lock-up.

Getting busted is some serious ass shit. Don't think it's some joke. If you're lucky, you may get a wrist slap, but if the Judge is feeling crunk, you could get seriously hammered.

Word to the wise: Don't violate the terms of probation--obey them to the letter. Number Two--never, Never, NEVER disrespect a Judge. Never.

Guest Mike bibby

whenever i see trucks or workers comming i always break the fuck out, it's better to hide while they're far away incase they are comming for you, if they're not then go back and finish, ive had workers walk up to my fr8 and shine they're light on it and feel the paint to see if it's wet while i was hiding in a fucking tree..

thats so fucking wack.

the juvenile justice system is the biggest fucking joke.

while you scare some kids straight why are you shaping a generation with fear.

and texas can fuck off. locking up a sixteen year old for almost a year because he smoked an untreated plant while ciggerettes are killers and marketed directly at the youth. So he caught a fucking tag. So now probably enough to put him through college has been spent in putting him in a cold steril dangerous corrupt enviroment.

fuck a judge that would do that to a kid.

i think its time for you to go hop a train there guy.

Originally posted by KaBar

I know a kid that got busted for tagbanging who got an indeterminate sentence in the Juvenile Detention Center. He's been in JDC for nine months (so far) at age 16. His real problem is that he was on probation for posession of marijuana. He didn't take probation seriously, and thought his juvenile hearing (read "trial") was a big joke. The judge said tagging while on probation is a VOP, and sent him to the West Dallas JDC lock-up.

Getting busted is some serious ass shit. Don't think it's some joke. If you're lucky, you may get a wrist slap, but if the Judge is feeling crunk, you could get seriously hammered.

Word to the wise: Don't violate the terms of probation--obey them to the letter. Number Two--never, Never, NEVER disrespect a Judge. Never.

Originally posted by Mike bibby

whenever i see trucks or workers comming i always break the fuck out, it's better to hide while they're far away incase they are comming for you

damn man, thanks for the advice, No one woulda ever thought of that.

no offence but your countrys justice system sounds fucked up. I thought englands was harsh but a felony for a panel? What the fuck? Property over people is the way the worlds going. FUCK YOU TO ALL COPS AND VANDAL SQUADS THE WORLD OVER!:P

I'm not defending the sentence he got. Ranting and raving about how unfair it all is isn't going to change a thing. Texas isn't the only state that has serious penalties for relatively minor crimes. The bottom line is that the State intends for people to alter their behavior, and if they choose not to do so, and get caught and convicted, sometimes the consequences can be pretty harsh.

This guy that is in JDC was stupid. He knew smoking reefer is against the law, but he did it anyway. He wasn't even smart about it. He went around carrying the stuff, he bragged about it to anybody and everybody, he did stupid things like wearing a shirt with a big marijuana leaf drawn on it. It's like he was saying "Go ahead! Arrest me! See if I care--I don't, and you can't do anything about it." Well, that's not true--the State says smoking dope is illegal, and they CAN do something about it, if somebody is stupid enough to put themselves at risk for arrest. He was all cocky and wise-ass with his Mom and Dad when they went to visit him in JDC the first couple of days. "They can't do shit--I'll get probation." And he did. But he didn't take probation seriously, and continued to have an attitude that "Nobody can tell me a fucking thing." He was all cocky when he got arrested for graff, and even when the judge told him he was going in for a VOP, nine months ago.

But he ain't cocky now.

I'm not saying you have to obey the law, hell no. You do whatever you want to do. But if you are going to be breaking the law, you need to exercise some intelligence about it, and you NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES ARE. If you choose to risk getting locked up for a year or two, I guess it's "Whatever." Think for yourself--you got a brain.

Guest Mike bibby
Originally posted by MURDER INC.

damn man, thanks for the advice, No one woulda ever thought of that.

yeah well there is alot of dumb fucks on here and i can say at least 70% of writers doing fr8s paint them in pussy layups, go to a real yard and piss your panties..

Im not ranting raving or attacking you Kabar.

What I am saying is it is people like yourself who enable a corrupt system to work. You understand? Smoking marijauna is about as toxic to the lungs as tobacco, needless to say it can be cooked and consume free of harm, and is unjustly illegal. Explain to me any logical justification of locking up a CHILD with most likely violent criminals at a huge expense because who was smoking a plant that is far less dangerous than tobacco, mainly because its not physically addictive nor are the chemical properties manipulated to make it more addictive.

So now that a sixteen your old has bigger balls to defy a judge than you do, your on our cultures website telling us not to disrespect a judge when the judge wholeheartedly has earned and deserves some SERIOUS disrespect.

And by the way if no one pays their federal tax's next year the wholly corrupt goverment that abuses the tax money its citizens work hard for, will collapse.

If you truly are a messenger of god than maybe instead of sending warnings to remain a pussy or get locked up on a message board maybe you should write the judge and tell him he is doing far more crime to a childs life by locking him up and exposing him to other kids in a dangerous enviroment when most are probably there for non violent economically based crimes.

edited cause my speedtyping has typos like woah.

I know that Arcel.

After personally having over 50 review hearings with a four and half year joint suspended and being sent to jail for getting caught with spray paint while I was contracted to paint a backdrop for a international magazine, me being in possession of paint was a felony vop.....just being in possession....., anyway...that helped me do two weeks.

all im saying is while you should never disrespect a judge....LISTEN TO WHAT KABAR SAID ON THAT ONE!......

respectfully tell a judge hes a complete fucking idiot if hes gonna come at you like that.....and if that doesnt work then guilt trip that mother fucker with letters and once you get out pop off a lawsuit for cruel and unusual punishment and quite possibly emotional trauma as well.

Do What You Got to Do

I've seen a number of young guys, teenagers, wind up in some serious trouble (like months of jail time) because of just stupidity. A friend of mine had two teenaged sons, who along with another teenager, carjacked a lady for a Ford Explorer at Wal-Mart. They used pellet pistols. I don't know what they were thinking, really. The third kid actually told the woman to "get in the car." She refused, thank God, otherwise they would have been guilty of aggravated kidnapping, as well as armed robbery, carjacking, assault with a deadly weapon and so forth.

They then drove the Explorer to New Mexico, where they intended to go into the wilderness and "live off the land" (oh, brother--this is a true story, I swear.) In Carlsbad, New Mexico, they shoplifted a couple of CB radios (again, from a Wal-Mart) and got arrested. They were in jail in New Mexico for about six weeks or so, then New Mexico dropped the charges and shipped them home to Texas, where they faced all the serious felony charges.

The two younger boys (17 & 18) who were actually involved in the carjacking got eight years apiece in Texas Youth Commission. (They were damned lucky--and this was a "generous" plea bargain on the part of the Fort Bend county D.A.) The older boy(20) was convicted of accessory after the fact, and wound up doing about a year, then got out on five years parole. If he so much as spits on the street and gets caught, he goes back to Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) for the full five years, in a regular Texas prison.

Believe it or not, these crazy sonsabitches thought that they would get a slap on the wrist and get turned LOOSE! And why? Because the 18-year-old, who was the son of a minister (I think) had been in trouble time and time again, and his parents got him out, time and time again. Runaway, vandalism, petty theft, graff, marijuana, you name it. Each time, the cops let him go, and told the parents "Get him some help before he really gets his ass into trouble."

Well, he's got eight years to grow out of being stupid. And after eight years of TYC, he may be more of a dumb ass than he was when he went in. He'll probably still be thinking he can get over and not suffer any consequences. One thing for sure, for the next eight years he won't be terrifying any women at gunpoint and taking their cars.

The oldest guy has been out for a while. Last I heard, his girlfriend had a baby and he was trying to get a job that paid enough so he could support them. I heard the younger of the two brothers may get an early release because of good behavior in jail. But the third guy, the guy that told the woman to get in the car, I think he's going to do the entire eight year bit. Some people just can't catch a clue.

The moral of this story is most likely lost on the people who need it the most. If the Juvenile Detention authorities had held the third guy on the first charge, most likely the other two would never have gotten into trouble, at least, not with this particular criminal mastermind, anyway. The fact that they let him go over and over and over just made him have more and more contempt for the law, and for society in general. These guys have no right to break the law, nobody does. Where did they get the idea they could commit armed robbery (or kidnapping, for Christ's sake) and not wind up in prison for ten or twenty years?

Have I ever broken the law? Sure I have, when I was young, and stupid. But I always knew there was a line beyond which one does not cross. If an individual in society does not understand that, and know where the line is, he is at SERIOUS RISK of winding up incarcerated for years and years and years. There are a lot of people in the U.S., and especially in Texas, who do not understand this, apparently, because we have about 2.1 MILLION people in jail in the U.S. Texas has more prisoners than any other state with about 144,000 at present.

Archived