Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

jailtime?

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by ghostvandal, Apr 24, 2003.

1. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

Ok i know that "if you get caught painting trains you shouldn't be painting trains" but since Ive been having nightmares 2 nights in a row about getting caught and going to jail, i was wondering if any of you knows exactly what do you get if you get caught painting freights. Whats the fine or how much time do you do. I know that some dude went to jail for clean trains, then got deported, but what about freights? thanks

oh and also, what does the jpotato smilies refers to?

2. yoink

yoink Elite Member

seek and ye shall find :jpotato:

3. porque

porque Senior Member

...sentencing is going to be different in every locale, city/state or whatnot...if you're really curious do some research of local court records and see what people have been charged/sentenced with...but yeah youre probably gonna get some time...if you're scared of jail you should just quit now...i don't mean that in a mean sense, just in an upfront blatant truth sense...

4. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

This applys to Canadians; If you're hittin CN, that's a "crown corporation" so it's a federal offence, federal court and all, as opposed to municipal. I can't remember what the differences between the two are. Get a good lawyer, I did, it cost me but the end results were favorable.

5. LOONEYBINOUT

LOONEYBINOUT New Jack

deny everything. take the 5th:confused:

6. optimo

optimo Junior Member

if your lucky, you'll get a 2 thousand dollar fine, some community service, and probation. if your unlucky, you can expect 6-10 thousand dollar fine, jail time, with hefty community service and a strict probation.

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

bottom line...it depends on who caught you, how much experience the arresting party has with graffiti, what exactly they have on you....so on and so forth....your never going to get a concrete answer because it will be different everytime...

like porque said...if your that worried then quit....you could end up with a slap on the wrist, you could end up with multiple felonies....thats the chance you take....bottom line, be ready to deal with what ever happens and dont ever get comfortable doing what you do....

8. in some states doing graffiti at all is a felony. add to that tresspassing and restitution fines and you're propper fucked.

9. ghostvandal

ghostvandal Senior Member

aight thanks everybody for the infos..

10. oldenglish

oldenglish Banned

some helpfull tips.

first, try to get away and always watch your back.
    second, if you get caught be sure to be extra friendly to the cop, bull, hero-well if its a hero and they attack you and you can whup 'em-then whup that mother fucker but dont forget felony assault and battery charges will do you more damage.
    third- when your trying to get away ditch all your materials and destroy film or memory card.
    fourth, if you get caught dont say anything at all.
    fifth, you may go to jail you may not. if you go to jail mind your own and watch your back and if you dont then start thinking of somthing real good to say to the judge.

11. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

CN hasnt been a crown corporation since 1995. they privatized, and are no different from any other railroad now.

12. Flow ish

Flow ish Member

I musta got caught just before it switched, DAMN!!!

13. rob deer

rob deer Guest

don't even breathe on fr8s in milwaukee, whoa.

14. El Sodoma

El Sodoma New Jack

Jail time... pffft. If you play your cards right you can usualy walk out empty handed.

15. KaBar

KaBar Senior Member

I know a kid that got busted for tagbanging who got an indeterminate sentence in the Juvenile Detention Center. He's been in JDC for nine months (so far) at age 16. His real problem is that he was on probation for posession of marijuana. He didn't take probation seriously, and thought his juvenile hearing (read "trial") was a big joke. The judge said tagging while on probation is a VOP, and sent him to the West Dallas JDC lock-up.

Getting busted is some serious ass shit. Don't think it's some joke. If you're lucky, you may get a wrist slap, but if the Judge is feeling crunk, you could get seriously hammered.

Word to the wise: Don't violate the terms of probation--obey them to the letter. Number Two--never, Never, NEVER disrespect a Judge. Never.