1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

JAIL TIME FOR FREIGHTS...

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by pimpin, Nov 28, 2004.

1. pimpin

pimpin New Jack

JAIL TIME FOR FREIGHTS...

Discussion started by pimpin - Nov 28, 2004

How much time do you get in jail for painting freights?What type of charges do they give you?and any other shit about the fines and bla bla bla..help would be much appreciated. ;)

pimpin - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. Vanity

Vanity 12oz Veteran Member

Vanity - Replied Nov 28, 2004

felony time and thousands of dollars.. stay away

Vanity - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. 99centsAcan

99centsAcan New Jack

99centsAcan - Replied Nov 28, 2004

dont worry about it... just dont get caught

99centsAcan - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. fect_9

fect_9 12oz Member

fect_9 - Replied Nov 28, 2004

dont paint around yards or lay-ups,it will just blow up the spot and make it hot for other writers......if some one sees u in the yard or lay-up just run for your life!!

fect_9 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

Pfffffffffft - Replied Nov 28, 2004

1.depends on what you get caught doing

2. depends on what railroad company owns the property you are on

3. depends on the cops at the moment...

all answers to your questions are all circumstantial

Pfffffffffft - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  6. krowteN

krowteN 12oz Member

krowteN - Replied Nov 29, 2004

why dont you get caught, find out the answers and then report back to us with your findings.

krowteN - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. GRANDADDY

GRANDADDY 12oz Member

GRANDADDY - Replied Nov 29, 2004

word^...i heard that its usually a whole lotta community service and like 6 months but thats juss word of mouth...and im fucked up!

GRANDADDY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. InDY_500

InDY_500 12oz Veteran Member

InDY_500 - Replied Nov 29, 2004

I never heard of anyone gettin caught paintin Freights but for what I know, most yard workers dont really care about the graff just as long as you dont go over the numbers like everyone knows... Atleast thats just me and my city from what I know....

InDY_500 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. 83.

83. 12oz Member

83. - Replied Nov 29, 2004

someone said it up there somewhere..
    it really depends on a lot of factors. who busts you and how much they really give a fuck. if you hit 10 cars or 1 car.
    i can give you some advice though. if they didnt see you painting those other 5 down the line..then you didnt paint the other 5 down the line no matter what they try to tell you. dont let them scare you into admiting shit.
    like tryin to tell you its a class a felony and you just did 200000 in damages. dont fall for it.
    just be careful. i dont like to hear about anyone gettin busted for trains even dumb kids i dont like.

83. - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. southdown

southdown New Jack

southdown - Replied Nov 30, 2004

depends on the state and county....not the railroad...

if a cop gets you he's not going to say "well i cought you on a FEC rail, so since it's not CSX you won't get a felony"

you can also be charged with different things depending on the situation...like if you're cutting through fences at a yard, if you have a pistol on you, if you run...

either way i'm sure that no matter which state you're in painting freights is a felony...

southdown - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. Kirby p

Kirby p 12oz Senior Member

Kirby p - Replied Nov 30, 2004

as far as railroads go, some of them pay more attention to your past vandalism/tresspassing. i've heard rumors that csx in particualr is really not cool.

I think a better question is:

is it possible to avoid a felony if you paint over the rustyiest gondola/boxcar/restamped hopper? i could easily make the arguement (alas, probalby not in court) that there's no way i did over a thousand dollars worth of damage to say, a more rusty than not restamped hopper, i might actually be increasing it's lifespan. how can you deface something with no face?

Kirby p - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. southdown

southdown New Jack

southdown - Replied Dec 1, 2004

i never heard of anyone using rust as a defense..
    some railroads will persue further charges or restitution or whatever they can get...but either way if you go down for painting a train you're looking at some sort of felony. which is usually a minimum of a year depending on the class of felony

southdown - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. taper

taper 12oz Elite Member

taper - Replied Dec 2, 2004

back about a year ago 2 of my friends got rolled on painting trains. it had been a hot spot for awhile and i suppose that the bulls and the local cops had conducted some sort of a stakeout so to speak to catch the people. either way thats not important, what is though is what happened. they got caught and charged with a felony and got slapped with a hefty fine (not sure the exact amount but it was over 500$)
    they couldnt prove how many trains they had painted just the one they caught them doing. there was 3 of them 1 got away while the other two got nabbed. now since this was my one boys 2nd time getting caught on railroad property, ( im assuming it was n/s property) he also got a fine as well as the cost of painting the car. conrail/norfolk & southern, give you 1 warning without a fine if you get caught on railroad property. i got caught benching in a yard and they took my name and some other info from me and said if i get caught again its 250$.
    so in regards to your question i dont know if jail time is mandatory, all i can say is from the people the i know first hand getting caught painting them its not ,but probation and fines will be inforced. stay safe

taper - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. cutlips

cutlips 12oz Junior Member

cutlips - Replied Dec 2, 2004

cutlips - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. LugKnut

LugKnut 12oz Member

LugKnut - Replied Dec 2, 2004

Just stay away from the lines...it will be safer for u that way..

LugKnut - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: