Jail for driver who decapitated friend

sarcasm

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/25/driver.d...n.ap/index.html

MARIETTA, Georgia (AP) -- A drunken driver who veered off the road and decapitated a friend was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday.

John Kemper Hutcherson, 21, pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in the death last August of 23-year-old Frankie Brohm, whose head was severed when the car grazed a telephone pole support wire.

The two men were on their way home from a bar after a night of drinking when Brohm stuck his head out the window because he thought he was going to be sick, authorities said.

Police said Hutcherson was apparently unaware his friend had been decapitated -- and drove more than 10 miles to his parents' home, where he went inside and fell asleep with the headless body still in his truck.

A neighbor discovered the body the next morning.

Investigators said Hutcherson's blood-alcohol level was probably more than twice the legal limit at the time of the accident.

Brohm's family had asked for leniency for Hutcherson, who was the victim's childhood friend.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fermentor666@May 26 2005, 04:30 AM

Why does this suck? You drive that drunk you fucking lose, pal.

I love you, Padme.

what sucks: his friend got killed by sticking his head out the window

what also suck: driving drunk

edit for putting the wrong word in

i'm not asying go out and drive drunk on the daily, or get in the car of every friend who's sauced. but come on, if you're fucking dumb enough to poke your head out of the window instead of asking your buddy to pull over and you so happen to get your head chopped off... i'd chalk it up to bad luck and poor decision making

Originally posted by synaps@May 25 2005, 08:36 PM

but come on, if you're fucking dumb enough to poke your head out of the window instead of asking your buddy to pull over and you so happen to get your head chopped off... i'd chalk it up to bad luck and poor decision making

wha?! who the hell hasn't ralphed out of a moving car like that?

and who would expect that doing so would get your head cinched off..

bad luck for sure.

His boy stuck his head out the window and got decapitated. Thats why you don't stick your head out the window of a moving car. It had nothing to do with the driver being drunk because there was no car crash. In other words if he (the driver) wasn't drunk, he wouldn't be doing time, but dude would still be without a head.

That's more the headless dudes fault than the driver.

Fuck this blood-thirsty leagal system.

^^^^^^^^

usually i would agree with you, but due two things, a. the car grazed a telephone poll wire.. meaning if he wasnt drunk he prolly would have been driving normally (meaning nothalf off the road) and b. i dont care who you are and how much you drink.. if you drive 10 miles and then get out of your car and go to sleep.. i mean.. and you dont realise that your friend is missing his head whos sitting right next to you..

alcohol defenatally played a part in this equation. but his dead friend is also at fault.

that dude must have been in a blackout, because when you are decapitated

your body thinks it is still alive for almost 10 seconds

(and as long as you are alive your body still pumps blood). And do you have any idea how much blood spurts from a decapitated torso??

well let me tell you, its a whole helluva lot...

dude was a dickhead flat out for driving over the influence..

how many of you have hung out of a window rather than tell whos driving to pull over??

How many of you have thought you were cool then all of a sudden your looking at a breakfast and lunch picasso??

Dude got off semi-easy but hey money talks bullshit walks...

Originally posted by TuffGuy@May 26 2005, 07:11 AM

^^^^^^^^

usually i would agree with you, but due two things, a. the car grazed a telephone poll wire.. meaning if he wasnt drunk he prolly would have been driving normally (meaning nothalf off the road) and b. i dont care who you are and how much you drink.. if you drive 10 miles and then get out of your car and go to sleep.. i mean.. and you dont realise that your friend is missing his head whos sitting right next to you..

alcohol defenatally played a part in this equation. but his dead friend is also at fault.

:haha: I know. I was drunk last night when I wrote that. :haha:

But seriously. All yall hollier than though peeps that agree that dude deserves 5 years... how many of yall have never driven drunk?

The fact that dude was bombed to oblivion and shouldn't have been driving doesn't take away the fact that his best freind ACCIDENTALLY decapetated himself right next to him and he was to bombed to even notice all the blood and guts and he's gonna have to live with the fact that it might have been half his fault for the rest of his life. Dude should definately get a DUI, but 5-years???? :yuck: