Jackson 5 member has a worse job than you

TreSixO

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03232008/news/nationalnews/jacko_clan_in_a_deep_funk_103188.htm?page=0

March 23, 2008 -- STIFFED by their superstar brother Michael and plagued by decades of bad fiscal decisions, the once-mighty Jackson family is barely scraping by, with one brother stocking groceries, another repairing cars and others living at home with mom while hoping for sister Janet's next handout.

They have fallen far from their days as sequin-studded stage stars who could rake in seven-figure paydays for a single performance. Then they were the Jackson Five, the undisputed kings of Motown, a Berry Gordy-led, bell-bottomed global phenomenon.

Their first four singles rocketed to the top of the charts, four albums went platinum, and the band of brothers sold more than 100 million albums, second only to the Beatles, while pioneering a multimedia empire that spanned radio, TV, cartoons and magazines.

But in a series of interviews with three of the nine Jackson children, two relatives and a current and former employee - over the last three years and as recently as last week - The Post learned in stunning detail just how down and out the Jacksons are.

Marlon Jackson, 51, an original Jackson Five member who stocks shelves at a Vons supermarket in San Diego, had to temporarily move into an extended-stay hotel.

Randy, 46, does odd jobs, including fixing cars in a Los Angeles garage owned by a family friend. He recently claimed Michael was going to give him $1.7 million - "a pipe dream," said another brother last week.

Jackie, 56, the oldest and most debonair of the brothers, is struggling to manage his son Siggy's aspiring rap career after an Internet clothing business startup and attempts to produce music failed.

Jermaine, 54, shuttles back and forth from his girlfriend's home in Ventura County, Calif., to his parents' mansion in Encino, where Jackie and Randy still bunk.

Tito, 55, is the only brother still making music, but it's a meager living. The guitarist fronts a blues and jazz band that plays small venues and nets him $500 and $1,500 per occasional gig - a far cry from the days when the Jacksons could pull in 50,000 people at $30 a ticket.

Family patriarch Joseph Jackson, 79, spends most of his waking hours conjuring up schemes he hopes will replenish a bank account that once had more money than the FDIC cared to insure. Peddling musical girl groups in Las Vegas and a book about his family in Germany, Joseph, despite evidence to the contrary, is not convinced that time and the music industry have passed him by.

"We can get back out there and set the world on fire," he told The Post last week. "If the Rolling Stones can still rake in the money, so, too, can my boys."

Like their days growing up in hardscrabble Gary, Ind., the Jacksons are approaching poverty. Tough times have the clan recalling how the six boys and three girls shared a shingled home with a two-car garage, when Joseph worked in a steel mill and mother Katherine, 77, scoured thrift shops to clothe her brood.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Should have managed their money better. You know they all had paper.

they got screwed by their dad and their brother learned from his papa how to do it in the music biz...

I dont think anyone but Mike, Janet, and LaToya (a little bit) ever made it on their own

rockwell.jpg

Rockwell had more money than most of the others

220px-Rockwell-somebodyswatchingme-1984.jpg

theres more on the link

they were under controll of their father

Notice hes doing better than all them? Because he was their manager. If you knew about Motown, and their business practices, Berry Gordy screwed over everyone he could... And their father took what was left. The kids, once Jackson 5 broke up and Mike went solo, were left to fend for themselves. Janet managed to drum up just enough intrest, la Toya whored herself out, Tito became a national embarassment, and what happemed to the others?

Pretty much they were chewed up and spit out as studio musicians. Dont believe what you hear about all these musicians being rich, its all image. Its a classic pimp game, keep em lookin good, but NO DOUGH!!

and Berry Gordy was the biggest pimp in the industry

I dont understand how Janet and Micheal sit on fucking millions and millions of dollars, I mean Michael owns the fucking beatles catalog and the rest of the siblings struggle. the fuck is that? If I was set like that, my immediate and and blood relatives would be taken care of till they died

But Michael is an idiot. If you see his interviews, he doesn't think like a grown man. More like a child... in a man's body.

Plus, I heard he owes a lot of money, and is in debt himself and is in danger of losing his Neverland Ranch.

I don't know the deal with Janet.

I dont understand how Janet and Micheal sit on fucking millions and millions of dollars, I mean Michael owns the fucking beatles catalog and the rest of the siblings struggle. the fuck is that? If I was set like that, my immediate and and blood relatives would be taken care of till they died

he sold the beatles catalog to handle the legal settlement... Hes not worth as much as they are saying he is because he doesnt own the rights to a lot of his music...

but basically he was shown how to run people in the music game, he was always a fierce music pimp, look how he got close to paul mcartney, who taught him the whole VALUE of owning music rights, then he out bid him on his own music. Michael is one of the most cutthrought of these types of predatory music moguls.

But thats the music industry in a nutshell, a bunch of lies and pimping. If you are on a major label, you are their whore and they are your pimp, its simple

But Michael is an idiot. If you see his interviews, he doesn't think like a grown man. More like a child... in a man's body.

Plus, I heard he owes a lot of money, and is in debt himself and is in danger of losing his Neverland Ranch.

I don't know the deal with Janet.

Dont be fooled, he may be crazy, but hes not stupid...

His business moves have proven that. But he has lost pretty much all of it. The only reason Neverland hasnt been seized is because moone really iwants to touch it. What bank is going to be able to make their recoup on that property, assosciated with that type of scandal? Its like holding tainted meat as collateral. He sold most of his catalog

Janet is married to Jermane DuPree, and makes reasonable royalties from her carreer, but doesnt own much equity. She probably doesnt have enough liquid assets to invest, seeing as she has gone from a performer to an untouchable in the mainstream overnight due to that wardrobe malfunction that almost destroyed her life - she put on a lot of weight and went into seclusion... She was a victim of the fickle maqinstream, and painted as the poster child for everything "indecent" in the media, she was a victim

i dont think showing her titty at halftime really helped her out that much.

The only way anyone saw that was from screenshots posted after the fact. That happened way to fast for anyone to really know what was going on. The media blew that shit up the day after.

their dad and barry gordy have all the money - the kids never had rights to anything and didnt draw salary

Mike has money, but he is fucked up

janet has been chained up in Jermane Duprees basement for the past 3 years

The music industry is not what it seems - you all are fooled

their dad and barry gordy have all the money - the kids never had rights to anything and didnt draw salary

Mike has money, but he is fucked up

janet has been chained up in Jermane Duprees basement for the past 3 years

The music industry is not what it seems - you all are fooled

The big music companies/distrubution labels and rich white record execs get the bulk of that. Joe Jackson and Barry Gordy have chump change in comparison.

These Jackson 5 dudes ain't getting any royalties though?

As far as Janet, I think she just released an album.