I've got a tadpole....

Dirty_habiT

My little brother won it at his elementary school for some reason or another.... and it came with some little food pellets, problem is, they ran out, and to avoid releasing the tadpole into the wild before we get to see it become a frog/toad, we need to feed it.

Question is:

What do you feed a tadpole? Will fish food work?

I'm going to look on google as well, but if anyone knows anything, that'd be helpful. Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i captured a centipede once...it wouldn't eat greens or anything, and i was afraid it would starve if i didn't get it something it wanted to eat soon...i finally ended up dropping in one of those big carpenter ants(the ant was like half the size of the centipede). i swear to god, i never saw a more savage killing...the fucking centepede fucking darted for the ant as soon as i dropped it in the jar(i guess he was super hungry)...he struck like a snake, biting the shit out of the ant...no contest...it was the coolest thing ever

ima...edcentipede.jpg

right on dirty. i remember catching tadpoles with my pops back in the day. but i don't remember what we fed them..

i'm raising a praying mantis right now. talk about a pain in the ass to feed. when they are just hatched you need to catch fruit flies.. not very easy. i went from about 12-15 to just one left.. but its getting bigger now and will eat just about anything smallish and living. i kind of got roped into the whole deal when this lady's daughter found the eggs.. which look like a cocoon. but its kind of cool.. crazy creatures. hopefully i can get it this big:

Eccoblue%20&%20Zorak%20a.jpg

long way to go ...

plus i still have time for gangster rap!

Originally posted by nomadawhat@Jun 22 2005, 02:06 PM

right on dirty. i remember catching tadpoles with my pops back in the day. but i don't remember what we fed them..

i'm raising a praying mantis right now. talk about a pain in the ass to feed. when they are just hatched you need to catch fruit flies.. not very easy. i went from about 12-15 to just one left.. but its getting bigger now and will eat just about anything smallish and living. i kind of got roped into the whole deal when this lady's daughter found the eggs.. which look like a cocoon. but its kind of cool.. crazy creatures. hopefully i can get it this big:

Eccoblue%20&%20Zorak%20a.jpg

long way to go ...

plus i still have time for gangster rap!

Yeah, I caught a praying mantis once, it was pretty big.... those are some of the coolest insects to have. I fed it large grasshoppers that I'd catch, and it'd hold the grasshopper in it's front legs.... and then just go to town eating the grasshopper's "neck". And then you'd know it was done when the grasshopper was just a small head and a nerve connecting it to the rest of the body. It was cool.

I'll check that movie out too, thanks for the recomendation.