It's your so called friends that turn you on

GamblersGrin

these drawings are really rad. theyre pretty comical too. some can appreciate this.

http://www.dhommes.com/pages/darepreface.html

A friend of mine (Jim Saltsider) found this series of illustrations in a dumpster in St. Louis. They were grouped together in a nice porfolio with infomational text on the back on each drawing. I'd estimate them to be from an early 80s drug awareness campaign.

Too cool to throw away, I shot each of them and posted here for your enlightenment. If you leave with only one impression, I hope that it's this: "It's your so called friends that turn you on."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's not like your enemies can turn on you... they are alread against you.

but if they turn again and to a full 180'.... then that really sucks.

It's funny how these half assed concepts and the DARE programs of the 80's and early

90's gave just enough info to spark an interest to drugs rather then deter us kids from it.

Most memorable DARE moment:

8th grade sitting next to a random kid while “Officer Friendly” tells how PCP can allow

130 lb. man to throw a 220 lb. officer. I look at random kid and raise my eyebrows.

Random kid becomes my best friend and we become hardcore drug users. I've been

clean for 5 years now, and my best friend killed himself.

It is too bad DARE didn't delve into the other repercussions of drugs than being

arrested and disappointing your families.