IT'S THE 80s ALL OVER AGAIN

Victor Ward

>>>prepare for fragmented blabbering

so i have this theory that the decade that we're living in is gonna be (if it's not already, and it probably is) like some kindof warped updated replay of 1980's america. LAUGH IF YOU WANT. but it's very upsetting. aside from the no-brainer superficial stuff like the HUGE revival of 80s music and fashion, there are lots of reasons i feel the way i do. even living in suburbia in the deep south, i see it everywhere.

Desert Storm part II times a thousand is one example. go watch the video for "rock the casbah" by the clash and it's totally 100% relevant today. and i just said "totally." and that was not planned. FUCK!!

we live in a moral vacuum.

common, everyday conversation topics among my peers:

you look good. he got fat. she lost weight. it's the drugs. got any coke? no. you're tan. she looks better now. *&^&* just totalled his 2005 vette. it's ok, now he's getting a bmw. )(*^& is a full blown addict now. shit. that's awful. who cares. *&^) flunked out. so did i. oh really, so did **&&*&*. i haven't been to a class in a month. cool. i'm fucked. are you even enrolled? i dunno. i have 2 stalkers. that's crummy. yeah. cool outfit. thanks. i like your shoes. let's get a gram. ok. no lets get an 8ball. cool. let's not call *&^(*&^ though. hes slow. no he's in rehab. wow. intervention? yeah. what high school did you go to? what does your dad do? who are your parents?

decadence is top priority. even my family, who i ALWAYS, ALWAYS thought was immune to this, is now obsessed with keeping up with the joneses. we just moved into a big prefab house in some dumb subdivision in the middle of nowhere. "we needed a change." a new house will fix things. we are revamping it. "we're making it a real showpiece."

my neighbor across the street is my brother's shrink. his son drives a lexus and is 16. everybody sees a shrink. everybody has a "disorder" that needs "treatment." my brother's on lithium. who the fuck is on lithium. he tried to kill my dad. sorta. cool. im getting a gram tonight. cool outfit. whats the story. your facial features are very statuesque.

i'm not finished yet.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sorta wanna watch tv but im not sure if im in the mood to watch footage of a breast augmentation surgery or a breast reduction surgery or fat implants in the chin or collagen in the lips or a facelift or tummytuck or lipo or about how the surgeon who performs these procedures is a handsome guy living in LA who does not really like his wife or care that she is pregnant and really thinks that his tae kwon do lessons are top priority along with making sure his hair is okay and not forgetting to lift weights in the morning.

the 1980s were characterized by greed, vanity, decadence, wealth, personal gain, looking great. when the 1990s rolled around, everyone was relieved. PHEW! it was over. just a really bad memory. forget about coked out guys in makeup playing cheesy synths against a background of tinfoil. it's all about grunge, man. go buy a flannel shirt, man. tan and buff and clean cut and blonde? no way man. this is the 90s. skinny and pale and greasy and long haired, man. let's be all touchy feely and new age.

that was the 90s. i think we've come full circle from that. maybe 9/11 had something to do with it? i dunno. blah blah everything is "post-9/11" the universe is "post-9/11" blah blah blah

well ozzy is pretty big, there are lots of funny looking people ( hipsters ), the president is a fuck up who started a war against something we are never going win, dam man i think your right well you know what that means cocaine for everyone, and i just spent 10,000 on a 286

P.S. i have this friend that i'll call "Kim." She just spent $3000 on heart surgery for a pomeranian puppy. but it died in the surgery. Kim's mom has been distraught for a week.

but this is SO FUCKED UP:

Kim's dad is highly, HIGHLY allergic to bees. they live in a huuuge house out in the country, and one day when he was cleaning the pool he was attacked by bees. his face got HUGE immediately. Kim's mom knew of the allergy, but refused to bring him to the hospital. "oh Al, just put on some ice and take a nap." all insisted that he needed to go to the doctor. he got stung badly, many times, and is EXTREMELY allergic. NO, AL. then came the breathing trouble. "OKAY AL, FINE!!!" they go to the hospital. the doctor says al could have DIED had they waited any longer.

i'm not EVEN gonna get into the story of how kim's grandmother had a STROKE and was told by kim's mom to go "take a nap."

but the pomeranian gets driven 2 hours to a special medical facility for a $3000 surgery, no questions asked.

PRIORITIES = TOTALLY FUCKED

THE POMERANIANS WILL ALWAYS WIN IN THE END

"elise" and her 3 roomates spend most nights in an exclusive euroclub in atlanta with free v.i.p. passes because they are now "friends" with the 2 club owners, who are in their 30s and who are from belgium and who supply "elise" and her 3 roommates with all the free cocaine and moet they want.

"elise" is scared to come back home (where i am right now) for thanksgiving because if she does, it will be obvious to her family that she's been on a huge 2 month binge.

she's lost tons of weight and her nose is all busted up and she has huge black bags under her eyes from not shleeping. so she's scared to go see her family.

when she called to tell me that she was worried, she was sprawled out face-down on the floor in her drawing class (for no apparent reason). she kept repeating: "everyone keeps stepping over me."

she's fucked.

Originally posted by Herbivore+Nov 23 2004, 05:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herbivore - Nov 23 2004, 05:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Victor Ward@Nov 23 2004, 05:00 PM

BUT WAIT!!! it's ok....because kim and her family have a huge house filled with versace home accessories and rare artwork and mink blankets thrown over sofas.

well..... so do you, don't you?

[/b]

uhhh....what? you are making no sense to me. this is just another sign that we are doomed.

you hang around really shitty people dude.

"when she called to tell me that she was worried, she was sprawled out face-down on the floor in her drawing class (for no apparent reason). she kept repeating: "everyone keeps stepping over me.""

oh and this is really awesome. i wish i could see that, i'd steal her shoes.

people spend less time interacting with other people and more time interacting with themselves and with machines. the digital age/ information age now allows people to pursue obscure interests that, prior to this digital information age, remained obscure. information has become more specialized, and people have less in common with eachother. they may have more in common with a handful of others scattered around the world with similar interests, but they have less in common with the people that they encounter in their daily lives, in the real world. as a result, their worlds are narrowed, not broadened, and they begin to feel closer to machines and screens than to other people. this makes people inarticlate in real-life situations. more people are having a harder time carrying a conversation. that is pathetic. i hate encountering inarticulate man-machines. i hate it.

Wow, when did BOZACK become cool?

Yeah, you make some good points, but what can you do? I liked the '80's. You got the rich, you got the poor, and...uh...thank heavens you still got the middle class.

Anyway, I'd be more articulate, but I'm watching the Raptors game and I just woke up from a nap. Looks like I'll be chugging Nyquil again tonight.

!! huh hoof?

as far as the bit about man-machines.. your a product of you envroment i guess..how you were raised..interact..react to surroundings..

on a personal note i didnt start going on the internet till i was 18 and i'd rather listen to the waves crashing on the lake instead of people talking to me.. wich is also why i have a habit of dry humping random people but thats besides the point..

all i'm saying is if you dont want to ,you should and when it happens you should regret with full effort.

the hell was my point?

uh my brain is turning into mush