1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

it's not just black and white

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by VANDALISTIKO, Mar 27, 2002.

1. VANDALISTIKO

VANDALISTIKO 12oz Junior Member

it's not just black and white

Discussion started by VANDALISTIKO - Mar 27, 2002

okay, the other thread about retribution for slavery., fuck that, the way i see it, there is a majority of black america that could give a fuck about the black men and w0men that died for their asses to have the same rights as the rest of america. The little black boys and girls that were killed back in the day, do you think they run through their minds everyday that they wake up. Im a latino, (i wont use that word HIS-PANIC simply because it originated from the 30's when deportation started rampantly and the u.s was looking for a scape goat for the depression) and my people are killed everyday to get to this dream of a fucking country, but our closest neigbors, namely the black folks in this country, most could care less about what it took them to get to where they are. America is not just a black and white country, the latino people are the unseen majority in this country, yet we are not even spoken for when racial talks come up. We die coming here to this country just to kill ourselves and raise our kids here, when on the other side of the street black america is not even acnowleding that they are american citizens and have themselves in this mentality that they are lower class and therefore act that way. (not all mind you, but just enough to piss me off)...fuck it, im just pissed that it's always black and white when it truly isnt, dont forget the asians, latins, european and any other fucking race that gets forgetten.

VANDALISTIKO - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  2. beard

beard Guest

beard - Replied Mar 27, 2002

i totally agree, and much to the credit of the people that you mentioned, i think they dont get brought up as much in race conversations because we dont hear from them often. rather than making a bunch of poor me speeches looking for handouts, theyre out there working their asses off making a better life for themselves. no talk all action. at least from what ive seen.

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Mar 27, 2002

asians in america actually make about the same, if not slightly more, than your 'average' white american. which doesnt exempt them from racism, but its much different than the racism experienced by people of 'darker' color.

and i agree with you %100. which is why ive never supported any of the hip hop groups that have come out, touting themselves as 'revolutionaries.' its the same problem i have with the jewish cries of racism as well. namely; if you arent fighting for the freedom of all people, you'll never be free. if black folks dont start standing up for latinos, native americans, shit, even poor white people, nothing will ever be accomplished. there are more latinos in america than there are blacks, yet both are at roughly the same economic level.

i dont know, i spent all afternoon trying to find blue LED's to put into my cell phone, i dont have the energy for another futile discussion on race.

the world is divided into two catagories: those who know how fucked up it is and try to make it better, and those who know how fucked up it is and try to deny it. fuck it.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Fox Mulder - Replied Mar 27, 2002

think about the way the majority of africans live. even the poorest black people who live in america have more than the average person living in africa.

Fox Mulder - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: