its kind of wierd having it decriminalized...

T.T Boy

maybe its not actually passed yet, im not sure, i was away when it happened, its probably just my pothead friends telling me the law went through.

anyways, my mom gets home and starts yelling at me because theres crumbs of bread on the passenger seat, she starts yelling, i tell her its my retarded crippled friend dans fault. he needs it for his broken leg. anyways i remember about this crazy law, and tell her it doesent matter because its decriminalized now. this is definatley gonna take some geting used to...

bad thread i know.

any other canadians thoughts? or is this just some pothead friend farce?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

not just yet. but out here and out in ontario they wont bother charging you for under somthing like 25grams of bread crums anymore. ontario cops are just taking down your name and pending the outcome of legislation they'll decide if they want to take you to court or not.

but since its not through just yet it all depends on how big of a dick the cop wants to be about it.

ah thanks, i had no idea. i figured it was just my idiot friends. i think out there it was always like that huh? im sure the cops wouldnt really care. theyd rather be handing out 300 dollar seat belt tickets.

alot has changed in a year.

yeah. we've always been blessed like that out here :D

shit, the courts are so overloaded here, if they pick you up and you have rock they just confiscate it. no point charging you cause it won't ever get to trial. I try not to think about that too much....

still have time to charge kids painting tho....

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by ARCEL

a teacher once told me you can buy tylenol 3 without a prescription in canada, is there any truth to that ?

if by tylenol 3 you mean tylenol with codeine then yes.

define the difference in decriminalization and legalization...I always understood that is something was not a criminal activity it was therefore legal.

I think its ploy by the canadian government to boost tourism dollars since everyone got scared away when canada got sars.

god I am stoned as hell

Originally posted by Zack Morris

define the difference in decriminalization and legalization...I always understood that is something was not a criminal activity it was therefore legal.

Decrim. Not legal, just not illegal. You will get a ticket if you are found with 15 or less. More? They raised the penalties.

I think its ploy by the canadian government to boost tourism dollars since everyone got scared away when canada got sars.

You know you might have had a point if it wasn't in the works before SARS came about.

god I am stoned as hell

Yeah, isn't it fun?

Guest sneak

i think england is still waiting for it to be properly decriminalised...there was talk of it a year ago, but its kinda died down now..

anyway, heres to getting stoned legally!

• 3 weeks later...

Woman reports marijuana theft

Last Updated Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:03:48

THORNHILL, ONT. - York Regional Police north of Toronto are investigating a complaint about stolen marijuana – the first since an Ontario court decision that effectively decriminalized possession of the drug, they say.

• INDEPTH: Marijuana

An 18-year-old woman in the northern Toronto suburb of Thornhill filed the complaint last week. She claimed to have been robbed of about $20 worth of marijuana by two men, and assaulted when she tried to retrieve it.

Police call report of $20 worth of marijuana 'a strange story'"It's a strange story because we've never had anyone call in to say they've had their drugs stolen," said Const. Steve Morrell.

The incident is believed to be the first reported case of stolen marijuana in the Greater Toronto Area since May. That's when a judge in Windsor ruled that possession of less than 30 grams of pot is no longer illegal.

That decision only applies in Ontario, but the federal government is proposing to decriminalize simple marijuana possession.

• FROM MAY 27, 2003: New pot bill introduced in House

Since that decision, Morrell said police have seen a more relaxed attitude towards marijuana use, including motorists who smoke it in their cars.

"There is no law that stipulates that if you have any amount of marijuana (in your system) that you're driving while impaired," he noted. "In fact, there's no way for us – outside of a blood test – to be able to tell if someone is under the influence of marijuana."

Although the status of the law is still unclear, Morrell says people are obviously comfortable enough to report someone stealing their drugs.

He said police are taking the robbery allegation seriously, and are looking for suspects.

Written by CBC News Online

Archived