it's getting cold....

RumPuncher

hey folks, it's November in the tundra and my sled dogs are getting COLD.

I think that means it's time to plan a trip down south, just to get away from

the cold and get back into the sunshine. I miss you sunshine!!!!

so where's a good place to go for a 3â…” day vacation?

Dominican?

Cuba?

Miami?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Gat:Bush@Nov 8 2005, 03:01 AM

my friend found standby tickets to thailand on priceline round trip for like $275. and ive heeard that its dirt cheap once you get there,

Fuck yes, Thailand! I can't say enough about this country - it's far too awesome for words.

One big point is that the exchange rate is currently $1 CAD to 34 Thai Baht, which is wicked. You can find sweet accomodations (beach-front bamboo huts, or air-con bungalows if you're a sissy) from 200-500 baht a day (which is fairly expensive by Thai standards, but equates to ~$6-15 CAD / day.)

Thai food is fucking unbeatable and also cheap as shit. You can get a massive plate of food, easily enough to hold you over for most of the day for about $1 CAD. Large beers are about $2 each, and Thai Rice Whiskey Buckets (1 mickey of rice whiskey, 1 can of coke, 1 bottle of *ephedra* RedBull) for $2 or so, also.

If you're a fan of big beach parties, then definately plan to hit Koh Phangan for the monthly Full Moon Party, when the most popular beach on the island is turned into a massive all-night beach party, where you drink your face off and dance all night until the sun comes up. Definately a must-see.

If you're up for diving, hit Koh Tao for some of the best diving conditions around Thailand - cheap as shit too; a full open-water diver certification runs you between $100-200 CAN for a 4-day course with 4 open-water (ocean) dives.

Plus, Bangkok has the cheapest shopping around. Shoes are $5-10 a pair (any brand name you want), t-shirts are a few bucks each, jeans are like $10, and a grip of cheap-ass black market electronics.

Ah, fuck, i can't tell you all the cool shit there is to do in Thailand - if you're just looking for an all-inclusive package, then don't go - you won't be doing yourself any favours to skimp on the experiences that Thailand has to throw in your face.

Mos def worth a visit, though.

Pictures!

railay-west-beach-068_l.jpg

West Beach, Railay, Krabi. (Thailand)

koh-samui-20.jpg

Koh Samui

Boat_at_Maya_Bay_-_Koh_Phi_Phi_Don.jpg

Koh Phi Phi Don

07%20Haad%20Rin%20beach.jpg

Haad Rin Beach (where the Full Moon Party is held, every full moon)

0215_Koh_Phangan_Full_Moon_Party.jpg

Full Moon Party!

fullmoon_party_koh_phangan.jpg

Morning of a full moon party - it's this crowded along the entire beach, which is easily a kilometer or so long

muaythai_photo_b4.jpg

Thai Rice Whiskey Bucket (that's like, $3-4 CAD for a full mickey, coke and redbull... AND the bucket!)

mbk_BKK.JPG

MBK Mall in Bangkok (holy cheap goods, batman)

Floating-Markets-Bangkok.jpg

floating markets outside bangkok

-Not to mention the amazing hand-woven Thai hammocks you can get there.. I don't have any of my pictures loaded up, but you can get HUGE hammocks made with custom colours and shit - they weave em by hand, and it takes about 3 days of work for each hammock. They end up costing about $50 CAD, but you'll never touch another hammock again.. Most comfortable piece of 'furniture' i own, hands down. If you're a hammock afficianado, you owe it to yourself to get one. They don't have those wooden 'spreader' (for lack of a more informed word) bars on em either, they just kind of wrap around you when you lie in em - soooo goddan comfortable.

3 2/3 days?

I'm trying to plan on a Thursday night flight out and

an Sunday night flight home. Maybe my match was wrong.

3 nights, a third of a day on the sunday. I just checked prices

and there's a direct flight for $495. I can swing that and put

the rest of the money towards a nice suite.