Its brown, natural and it will kill you...

Guest sneak

ive just decided to give up the evil tobacco (or cut down to one a day).

for those who have quit successfully, did you have a week of pure hell before coming through? it seems ive developed a really bad cold or perhaps the flu and each night since ive quit ive woken up at random times SWEATING LIKE HELL. i cant think of any reasons for this apart from it having some connection with no more nicotine?

this waking-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-and-being-drowned-by-sweat, is not fucking fun at all.

ps. im still smoking a fair amount of weed. will this make a diffference?

sneaks/if i knew quitting was this hard, i wouldnt have.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've quit a few times and I usually get a nasty cough and a bunch of crap comes up. I did some research and that is basically your lungs trying to clean themselves out.

What has worked for me before I got back into the habit was I would just taper myself down to where I was smoking one or two a day then either go out on a massive drinking binge and smoke myself silly...then for a day or two after this I wouldn't feel like smoking due to my massive nicotine intake, or I will just taper it down to where I cut it out completely.

The whole night sweats thing I have never had. Maybe it just means you need a fan in your bedroom.

thats funny. im quiting smoking as we speak as well. as far as one cigarette a day i couldnt do that shit. ive tried in the past and it just makes me want to smoke even more. for me its all or nothing.

i just moved about a month ago and in the city i moved here from i couldnt quit. i tried a thousand times over and could never do it no matter what method i tried. it sucked.

anyway, now im in a new city and for some reason quitting has been a piece of cake. maybe its the new surroundings. in my old city i had smoked everywhere i went, it was like a part of my lifestyle. so it made it much more difficult to quit because everywhere id go, i had already smoked a thousand cigarettes there and was in the habit of it.

anyway. maybe you should take yourself out of your normal surroundings while still keeping yourself occupied.

i dont know.

and yeah, but a fan.

I've been off smoking for about four months now.

When i quit, i was only smoking when i was drinking but it was the disturbing amount of lung butter every morning that bubbled up my throat that convinced me to quit. That and the fact that smokes make you STINK. Seriously, I haven't smoked for days now and you can tell when someone has been lighting up. Rank ass tobacco smell. Fucking foul.

I never went through withdrawels, cravings, nothing. Didn't need a patch, gum, counseling....nothing. I just decided to quit and that was it. Thinking about smoking just makes me feel sick to my stomach now.

But fuck man, if you're having issues, it's all about having hobbies and Jedi mind power to beat that shit. When you're idle, you're tempted to light up on account of it being something to do. If you're half the man you think you are, you won't let some dried up dead vegetation run your life for you.

Quit and quit forever. I can actually run for miles now without feeling like dying, I've saved who knows how many hundreds of dollars, don't have to wash my clothes as much and my teeth aren't as yellow anymore

Smokers are on the way out man. Don't go down with a sinking ship Sneak.

Originally posted by LENS@Jan 30 2005, 08:34 PM

Smokers are on the way out man. Don't go down with a sinking ship Sneak.

i know man i know! and with my govt. trying to ban smoking in pubs the last thing i want is to have to outside when im drinking to smoke. thinking now, id rather not smoke than have to get up and move while im in the middle of my drink....

when i told my mate about my plans today, he asked if i was getting angry and tetchy yet....i think i am. :hatred:

sneaks/"LEAVE ALONE GODDAMNIT"

A pack usually lasts about 3-4 days for me. I decided to stop a few weeks ago. And so I did. I've been smoke-free for quite some time now.

I say you should ration out your cigarettes accordingly. Smoke five squares a day. After a week, cut it down to three a day and so forth.

I havn't smoked for a few days mainly because my throat is so raw and hurting right now it hurts to breath through my mouth.

When you quit You need to wait until you get too sick to even think about smoking and then go for it

For me quittingis fukcking easy. I've been smoking for 5 years and dont even notice when i skip a coouple of days smoking. I guess I'm lucky

Originally posted by Glik0@Jan 30 2005, 08:43 PM

I so thought this thread was going to be about HeavyLox.

haha.

here's my thing with cigs...

i fucking hate that i smoke. wish i didn't. seriously get down on myself every time i buy a pack, which is every other day.

and here's my horrible attempt at rationalizing the fact that i smoke:

a little over a year ago i got really depressed. just a bunch of different things. just started buggin out, wouldnt leave my house and just medicated myself with booze weed and pills. blah blah blah, i was depressed. but it was a kind of stress induced depression. not the, "i'm bored and i can't get laid" kind of depression. so i was actually kind of in nervous breakdown mode.

so anyway... what the fuck was i talking about? oh yeah, cigarettes.... well since i feel like i've barely escaped being a total depressed fucking waste of life, and since i still sometimes i feel like i am on the verge of going completely insane, i allow myself the luxury of killing myself slowly.

this makes completely no sense.

and i'm postin it anyway.