1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

It's all gone pete tong

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Dec 16, 2005.

1. It's all gone pete tong

Discussion started by imported_Tesseract - Dec 16, 2005

[​IMG]

Well given that the movie is about the Ibiza techno scene, you'd never though it would be anything worthwhile, then you read true story and it starts to become serious, then you realise that Frankie Wilde was most likely the motley crue of Djing and then the movie ends it was quite dope.

Check it:
    Summary

Btw, is anybody of you familiar with Frankie wilde? looks like he was the legend.

2. WhiteOx

WhiteOx 12oz Elite Member

WhiteOx - Replied Dec 16, 2005

trailer?

WhiteOx - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. imported_Tesseract - Replied Dec 16, 2005

You can check it here
    http://www.itsallgonepetetong.com

4. guerillaeye

guerillaeye 12oz Senior Member

guerillaeye - Replied Dec 16, 2005

Link for screener

Its All Gone Pete Tong is a comedy following the tragic life of legendary Frankie Wilde. The story takes us through Frankie's life from one of the best DJ's alive, through subsequent battle with a hearing disorder, culminating in his mysterious disappearance from the scene. A genius in his own right, he clawed his way to the top of the DJ ranks, now living the opulent life of a superstar, he resides in his trophy villa in Ibiza with his trophy wife. This is when tragedy hits. Born with a hearing disorder he is rapidly going deaf with only one functioning ear to complete the new Ibiza season. How is he doing behind the decks? Horrible. How is he doing in the studio where he produces his remixes? Frankie dives into a low period, struggling with deafness in utter depression. After a year of locking himself away he emerges on the other side with a fresh attitude towards his affliction. He accepts his deafness and learns to function without sound. Will Frankie make it back to the DJ booth? Will his new single be any good? Will he get back his opulent old life or does he even want it back? When you can't hear, things look very different.

guerillaeye - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. WhiteOx

WhiteOx 12oz Elite Member

WhiteOx - Replied Dec 16, 2005

looks oright

WhiteOx - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Sparoism - Replied Dec 16, 2005

Yeah, I've DJed off and on for about 12 years. When I was a kid, I had rheumatic fever (fucked up) and due to having a fever of between-100 and 105 degrees that took a week to break, I have permanent hearing damage.

Whenever I play, I have to bump that shit LOUD. I don't use monitors either, since it messes with how I hear the PA system....and I can't really use hearing protection since it just makes a bad situation worse.

Whatever...I've had really good DJs tell me I can make ANY sound system sound good. More than once I've been asked to EQ everything during the sound check. So, even thoughI have this slight disadvantage, I'm still able to make it all work out.

Never seen the movie, though...I don't have an opinion on it.

7. KETA

KETA New Jack

KETA - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Isnt this one of those Blair Witch type movies where they hype it up to be real and its really fake.

KETA - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. LiliStCynical

LiliStCynical Dirty Dozen Crew

LiliStCynical - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Don't forget about the coke skunk...
    [​IMG]

LiliStCynical - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Dec 17, 2005

[​IMG]
    ewwwwww

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  10. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Sparoism - Replied Dec 17, 2005

That's what it appeared to be to me, as well.

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

T.T Boy - Replied Dec 17, 2005

thanks for reminding me, im going to download this now.

T.T Boy - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Jackson

Jackson 12oz Veteran Member

Jackson - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Pete tong is cockney rhyming -slang for 'wrong'.
    In other words 'its all gone wrong'.
    Not one of my favourite bits of rhyming slang.
    My favourite is for 'teeth' which is 'Hampsteads' or 'Hampstead heath'.

Jackson - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. imported_Tesseract - Replied Dec 17, 2005

Ok, I just have been told that dude never existed. Based on a true story is exactly that in this case, very loosely based that is. I'm sure alot of dj's have issues with the hearing ability after some time. Anyway, still a cool movie to watch.

and word, on the coke skunk

14. SPORTO

SPORTO 12oz Senior Member

SPORTO - Replied Dec 17, 2005

YAWN

SPORTO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER 12oz Elite Member

BoB Hope ONER - Replied Dec 17, 2005

its a parody on the ibiza superstar DJ world... the movie is pretty funny.. has a couple of extremely funny points in it.. the woman...who he ends up falling in love with.. is beautiful and an extremely hilariously good actress..considering she learned sign language like literally on the plane to shoot..

its a decent rental.. id give it a low four / high three on a fivestar system.

BoB Hope ONER - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: