Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

iTrip

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I just bought this yesterday and am incredibly disappointed. It didn't work wellin the car, nor did it work well in the house. The sound is just terrible.

Now, is it just me? Has anyone else used this and had it work well?

2. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

I had one aftermarket one that was terrible ... then I got the Giffin (spell) one and it works very well, both in the house and in the car.

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

SHIT! Really? Mine is the Griffin one.

The dude told me that it's tougher to get a nice signal in the big city. Do you live in a big city? Is that why mine isn't working too well?

4. 773-202-LUNA

773-202-LUNA Junior Member

there's a thread on this somewhere..i think the consensus was that the Monster transmitter was the best. But also ~$70.

5. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

I'm in the OC ...So our airwaves are packed tight getting signals from both LA and San Diego.

Did you fuck around with diffrent stations ?? We just used that blank one 87.9 I think ...

I can hand it to people in the back seat and let them pick shit and it wont get bad ... also at home keep it on the coffee table and it still works.

I have heard diffrent things on this from diffrent people, its not Ipod sound ... it sounds like its a radio station.

Did you watch the volume of the pod ?? i guess its best set between 50 and 70 % ... get above that and it sounds like shit !!!!

6. deterrent

deterrent Veteran Member

Yeah, I live in chicago, mine is fuzzy sometimes. There is never an extremly
    clear sound from it, but it is not horrible. I always use 87.9, which ever is
    furthest away from a live radiostation will work the best.

7. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm gonna make sure I use the volume correctly and try 87.9. I just hope I can return it if it doesn't get any better.

8. cloner

cloner Senior Member

mine worked great til i broke it.

9. 12:02p.m

12:02p.m Senior Member

yeah i wasnt very satisfied with my itrip. i think that the cassete tape thing that plugs into the ipod works better

10. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

^And is hella cheaper. Only downside to that is that you've gotta have the ipod vol. between 70-90, which wastes batteries like mad.

11. 8onus

8onus Banned

hey i think the iPod ones work better than the iPod mini ones...mines a mini and it alright sound could be better but i aint complainin.
    and yeah the monster cable is the best.

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Junior Member

[​IMG]
    I've got the AirPlay. It works alot better then my iTrip, but not as well as I would like it to.

13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

if you have a decent after market stereo in your car you should have auxilary inputs. Either do it yourself or pay a place like circuit city to run a line that is rca males on one end and 1/8" male on the other end intot he back of your stereo. Thats the set up I put in my truck. I get perfecto sound quality, keep the volume on the ipod around 50% or so and let the stereo do the work making things louder. You can also do the same thing in your home with the exact same cable hooked up to your stereo.

14. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

i've had my itrip for two and a half years. It has worked well. Sure, occassionally it'll start picking up some other signal or fuzz a little bit, but for the most part it sounds good enough.

15. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i got the belkin one for free. i mean if you can find a good station that isn't getting a signal it is decent. it does the job. but usually as you drive you pick up different signals and the quality will change. i want to drop a new radio in my car, but i am making sure that it has an adapter to run the ipod in.