It Was All A Dream...

iCEBERG

This is my thinking. I like to analyze rhyme patterns, timing etc. to get a feel who's nice etc. I like the structure of this music. I like music. So this morning I had a second to myself, I tried to break down Jay-Z's A Dream verse for two reasons, he's an unbelievable lyracist, so much so half of you don't even recognize or even have any clue of how thourough he really is, and because this verse was about B.I.G.(r.i.p.) Obviously a well thought out verse for his boy.

Anyways here's what I came up with, I kinda did this quickly, this is just how I broke it down, I'm not claiming to have figured out why this or why that an things like that, this is just how I heard the verse fall together. I'm not too good with html or anything but I tried using it to show you how I see the verse.

Take what you want from it, an people probably gonna come around an say Jay-Z dick rider an some other cornball shit like that, but here's the breakdown for people who listen to music like me... take what you want from it, just my thoughts...

Had a dream I said

'bout who? He Said

'bout B.I.G. I said

"That's big" He said

"Dig what he said"

"Proceed." He said...

"Indeed" I said

So, breathe I did

Don't repeat what I say I said he said nothin

He agreed with his head, he just, nodded like this...

What I believed to be a yes

I repeated what was said it came to me like a... but last evening I said

"Whats the deal playboy?" was the greetin he said

First thing I wanted to know was the reason he was dead

"More money more problems?" Better believe it he said

"Carefull what you wish for, you might recieve it" he said

"I see" I said, "jealousy" I said "got the whole industry mad at me." I said

Then B. I. said "Hov' remind yourself, nobody built like you, you designed yourself"

"I agree" I said, My one of a kind self

Gets stoned everyday like Jesus did

What he said I said has been said before

"Just keep doin your thing" He said, "Say no more"

I see, jealousy got the whole industry mad at me...

It was all a dream

Was it all a dream?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by chozer

meehhhhhh...

jayz can eat a fat one.

(just my opinion.)

Why the thumbs down tho? I don't understand. It's not like it isn't a well written verse.

Reminds me of those people who say shit like "Tracy McGrady sucks at basketball" because they don't like him as a person.

*shrug*

I could see how you could think that.

I just give credit where credits due, an that song sticks out for obvious reasons, to say it's not a well written out verse, or that he has no lyrical talent would only be out of spite and honestly holds no weight, it's not wise to deny talent.

On a different note...

Here's some lyrics from Vinnie Paz I'm currently listenin too...

I'm dyin to kill, and bring to you apocalypse,

I start alotta beef with lots of guns an lots of clips,

Fuck the head I'm aimin right for your esophagus,

Hang you from a hook to drink the blood your body drips,

I got the power of the lead a fuckin shotty spits,

An leave you weaker then a mafia thats Gotti'less.

to be honest with you, ive been listening to less and less hip hop with every day that goes by. maybe its just a phase, maybe not.

but even when i did listen to lots of hip-hop, i didnt like jayz. i didnt really like biggie either....or tupac.

on a side note, that new j-lo song SUCKS. the beatnuts should be allowed to have their way with her on video for a night for what she did to "off the books". fucking slut.

:heated:

Originally posted by chozer

wait a moment....wasnt it was all a dream the opening line on a biggie track a long time ago??

Yea, "It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine..." etc.

The songs a tribute to B.I.G. and it points out the more things change, the more they stay the same. But anyways I don't see how you'd have an opinion on the situation if your not sure what's going on. I'm just pointing out how nicely this verse is put together, that's all, most would have never even noticed and passed it off. Don't let your personal feelings about the guy get in the way of your perception.

Archived