It seems like all u american's are just intrested in frieghts.......

maze_aow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like doing subway trains..

however, they don't stay up long enough to run, usually not even once...and i'll never post flicks of my subway trains because they're definitely way more risky and carry bigger penalties for painting.

Guest professor poopatronic

alot of americans are into freights because they allow you to be a part of the US "scene" as a whole even if you live in the middle of nowhere. however, it's certainly not true that all americans only care about freights. personally, i like freights and paint them pretty often but nothing compares to street bombing. and there's a whole bunch of other people who only paint legal walls and daytime spots.

This was covered in "freights vs subways" thread, read up. If you have not been to the US and seen freights roll live, then you don't know what you're talking about. If you have, great. Be a freight hater. We have plenty of them here too. Paint whatever you want, and stop fixating on other people's fixations.

I think its cool how freights are big in America..cos I know here in Australia they don't mean shit. The second best thing to passenger trains here is "coalies", which are sorta like freights, they travel the whole country and contain, funnily enough, coal. But they're small and smooth, and are usually heaps old so they are all rusted and shit. But I've thought freights are so cool, especially after always hearing about them on here. I've been doing heaps more lately, I don't care if no one sees them , its just cool to get a photo of them.

hey mawz.... getting a nice rusty boxcar is what its all about. it seems like australia is the second continent/country to start hitting freights on a more regulaer basis. nice to see the movement is catching on. who knows, maybe when our scene is burnt, we will be the ones flying there to paint freights. funny thought huh?

oh

I am sick of the stupidness against people you dont know.

I have pretty much seen much of europe.And have been to NEW YORK and sanfransisco.I rode the subway all over and I felt that new york was the best city in the world.But the kids on this board seem to find Europeans so funny because most of us are supposedly white and want to be hip hop.......I can assure you if you came to London or paris with an attitude like wutangbangers.You would get stabbed.

painting a london tube is very hard.On the whole painting a freight is easy that is why it seems strange that americans love it so much.But I respect it.

Guest 87centHitMan

Well, I like freights, don't get me wrong, but for real, alot of these writers that are all about freights need to go out aned BOMB SOME SHIT instead of doing nothing but freights all the time. They're too damn easy to hit. People need to go out and crush shit. I understand that some people like to take it easy and not take risks, but come on, hit up some street once in a while.

Guest Fabo 2

2 things

two things:

1. I don't know about America but in London freights are small, dirty and only run when commuter trains stop running. There's no point in painting them.

2. EUROPE IS NOT JUST ONE FUCKING COUNTRY.

Guest SE4_2002

It seems you foreigners are into jocking American culture, graffiti,hip hop blue jeans etc

Remember America is a nation of foreigners, and all your culture consists of is Graffiti, hip-hop and blue jeans.. Anyhow as for frieghts, if you live in the middle of nowhere where the isn`t trains to hit and only freight`s then fair play, but anyone living in New York for example there`s no excuse for not hitting the occasional Subway car, obviouisly there`s exceptions and I totally understand that but for everyonelse there`s no excuses..Even if it doesn`t run you got a flick and the memory, and of course you can say "i`ve done an NYC sub, which as the mecca of the graffiti scene is a job well done!

Re: .

Originally posted by SE4_2002

Remember America is a nation of foreigners, and all your culture consists of is Graffiti, hip-hop and blue jeans..

...hey we invented consumerist based society too...and the whole world is jocking that now...thank you mcdonalds and coca cola...

Re: .

Originally posted by SE4_2002

Remember America is a nation of foreigners, and all your culture consists of is Graffiti, hip-hop and blue jeans.. Anyhow as for frieghts, if you live in the middle of nowhere where the isn`t trains to hit and only freight`s then fair play, but anyone living in New York for example there`s no excuse for not hitting the occasional Subway car, obviouisly there`s exceptions and I totally understand that but for everyonelse there`s no excuses..Even if it doesn`t run you got a flick and the memory, and of course you can say "i`ve done an NYC sub, which as the mecca of the graffiti scene is a job well done!

and what does your culture consist of. the dark ages, homosexuality,

the rape and colonization of countless third world countries, small cars, hotel rooms and houses. what is so great about european culture. what has europe contributed to civilization, besides destruction domination and death? dont get me wrong because america is not far behind europe from a socio-political and historical aspect .....but since america has a diverse population now we have a very diverse culture. to spite the many short comings in america.

about the freights.

thats the problem with you freight dissing euro fags. writing graffiti is more than just a flik and a story. its the reality of seeing graffiti...in real life in real time. not in a photo album or on a web site. i mean thats cool too but if you loose the fliks your fucked! and so what if you did a subway in nyc. the freights in nyc are probably harder than the subways you idiot. yes i have done both so step off before you pop shit. like we are constantly telling you mates from accross the pond..

freights are real for us because everyone can participate. you dont have to travel accross the state or country to paint a freight. also freights are a lot hotter than people think. especially people who have nenver done them in a hot city. i wish all you euro haters would go to cali and paint freights. if anything you europeans have it easy over there, graffiti is a lot more accepted in europe than in america. outside of cities like frisco and nyc graffiti is pretty much considered something gang bangers do, and thats how we are treated. so before you start laying down the law on what htere is no excuse for. come to a place where freights are easy and get shot at by rr cops. or chased by bat weilding gang bangers. or do a 8 month bid for freights...then you talk shit you farging icehole!

Hey Zed, go to Europe and paint subways and then talk. By the way you can say anything you want. Hey for all you know I have painted NY subway wholecars that ran. I live in Cali, freights are not hard in the majority of california. Maybe LA, I cant say because I have never painted them there, same with the East Coast. Every freight I have ever painted was very easy compared to subways in Europe. And even still the rush of doing a passenger train and seeing people riding in your train, getting on your train, seeing your panel sitting in the main station and running in the inner city while average people look at it in disgust is uncomparable to freights. You might think that graffiti is more accepted in Europe but you are wrong. People fucking hate it and the government tries to stop it just as much as america if not more. Of course this varies throughout europe because it is not one country, it is a continent. And if you think Europeans have it easy because they pull off passenger trains and shit is bombed out there then you are wrong. The majority of europeans I have met have been the most professional, dedicated, for lack of a better word, realest writers I have ever met. Not to say that the americans I have met arent, just proving you wrong when you say that they are just "euro fags" and "they have it easy over there", "they are all toys trying to hop on the US graffiti dick" . You go do a freight and it leaves, runs through farmland and the such all through america for years, but the shock to the general public isnt there. I thought thats what the "idea" of graffiti was, a big in your face fuck you to everyone. I guess it got lost somewhere. Basically... dont try to compare two things unless you have first hand experience with both.

By the way culture has nothing to do with this.

because its sunday, 110 degrees outside and im just bored:

Hey Zed, go to Europe and paint subways and then talk.

never. if i ever go to europe it will be to smoke good in amsterdam

By the way you can say anything you want. Hey for all you know I have painted NY subway wholecars that ran.

ran one maybe 2 trips. and all you have to show for it is a flik.

I live in Cali, freights are not hard in the majority of california.

that is my point. its not weather freights are hard, or euro trains are hard. its where you paint them that distinguishes its difficulty level. freights in nyc are hard, hell freights in la are hard. im sure there are other places where freghts are hard. there are also places where freights are not so hard. just like im sure there are places in europe where pass trains are not so hard, just like there are places where thay are. robing a house in brooklyn is probably a lot harder than in boise idaho too.

Maybe LA, I cant say because I have never painted them there,

same with the East Coast. Every freight I have ever painted was very easy compared to subways in Europe.

and your saying that because you painted every lay-up and yard in europe im sure.

And even still the rush of doing a passenger train and seeing people riding in your train, getting on your train, seeing your panel sitting in the main station and running in the inner city while average people look at it in disgust is uncomparable to freights.

what city in north america do passenger trains run bombed more than a day. let me know and ill move there tomorrow. because if the shit aint gonna run than, for me its not worth the "rush". its like crack and coke. if im gonna do that shit (which i dont) id rather be high for longer not just 5 minutes. that may be a bad analogy, but you get the bloody point.

You might think that graffiti is more accepted in Europe but you are wrong. People fucking hate it and the government tries to stop it just as much as america if not more.

i just cant imagine some writers being able to start a paint company in north america. but to expand on that, i think many things that are shuned in america are accepted with open arms in europe. look at american muscians whose music flops in the states and becomes timeless in europe. just an example. no matter how you slice it europe as a society is far more open than america, as far as culture is concerned.

Of course this varies throughout europe because it is not one country, it is a continent.

thanks for the geography lesson, ill have to make a note of that.

And if you think Europeans have it easy because they pull off passenger trains and shit is bombed out there then you are wrong. The majority of europeans I have met have been the most professional, dedicated, for lack of a better word, realest writers I have ever met.

first of all real is a relative term. and all this means is you havent met very many real dedicated american writers.

Not to say that the americans I have met arent, just proving you wrong when you say that they are just "euro fags" and "they have it easy over there", "they are all toys trying to hop on the US graffiti dick" . You go do a freight and it leaves, runs through farmland and the such all through america for years, but the shock to the general public isnt there. I thought thats what the "idea" of graffiti was, a big in your face fuck you to everyone. I guess it got lost somewhere. Basically... dont try to compare two things unless you have first hand experience with both.

first off. i dont hate euro writers. understand that first. there is little euro shit that i like stylewise, but i still dig the fact that they rock trains. what i always have to take issue with however is them [euro fags] dissing freights because they think every freight is done in some backyard daytime spot. ive been shot at by rr police in one of those so called easy back yard daytime spots. i know kids who have done bids for rocking trains (freights). i know kids who have had full on sting opperations conducted on the. kids who have had their houses raded and been hauled off to jail, all because freights are so fucken easy i guess. so quite frankly motherfuck the whole easy like sunday mornin theory. again this whole arguement/debate/discussion hinges on WHERE YOU PAINT point blank.

but the shock to the general public isnt there. I thought thats what the "idea" of graffiti was, a big in your face fuck you to everyone.

^^^as far as that is concerned, you thought wrong, my good jewish friend. you should read jack stewarts dissertation on subway graffiti. it will shed light on some things for you. writing was never for the public. their eyes are just casualties of war. writing was is and always shall be for writers. thats what makes it such a unique culture. even in the subway days, writers wrote for other writers to see it. not joe public. now a days that tradition may be a little dilouted, with the whole "graffiti artist" thing, but i still hold it very dear. i dont paint to piss a rr worker off or some old lady at a rr crossing. i do it for other writers to see it. and because i like to see other writers shit. its that simple. furthermore. if there was a passenger rail service in the states that let graffiti run and ran as extensively as the freight system did dont you think we would be slaying that shit! yes we have amtrack but even if graffiti ran on it. amtrack dosent go nearly as many places as freights do. the idea is maximum exposure of the name. thats all no gimmics, no frills. that is the base for the whole thing.

Archived