Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Isreal Goes on The Attack!

Discussion in 'News' started by --zeSto--, Oct 6, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

oh shit... *and a typo in the subject line.... d'oh!

Israel Bombs Syria
    Warplanes hit suspected training camps used by Palestinians

We're in for some serious shit now!

Beirut, Lebanon -- Israeli warplanes bombed a target just miles from the Syrian capital yesterday, in the first Israeli military attack inside Syria in 30 years. Israel said the site was a training camp used by Pales- tinian militants responsible for deadly attacks against Israelis, but Syria said it was a civilian area and warned of a "grave escalation" in violence.

The air strike - in apparent retaliation for a Palestinian suicide bombing Saturday that killed 19 Israelis, came on the eve of the 30th anniversary of the Yom Kippur War, in which Israel held off Arab armies. The attack brought condemnation from many Arab governments and heightened fears that Israeli-Palestinian fighting could spread to neighboring countries. The Bush administration appeared to have been taken by surprise, with officials saying that Israel did not give Washington any advance warning of the attack.

The administration urged both countries to show restraint, but added a pointed criticism of Syria, saying Damascus "must cease harboring terrorists and make a clean break from those responsible for planning and directing terrorist action from Syrian soil." Washington has been pressuring Syria for months to cease its support for Palestinian militant groups and to seal its borders with Iraq, where Syrians have slipped in to fight U.S. troops. Last month, administration officials suggested that they might impose sanctions on Syria.

^ How about some sanctions on Isreal?

If ANY other country in the world did this it would become a major
    international crisis and you know the US would be stepping in to 'police' the situation.

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

damn typo!

--------------------------whoa!

WASHINGTON took aim at Syria yesterday, accusing it of being a supporter of terror as the furore grew over Israel's air strike on Syrian soil on Sunday.

The rebuke came as the George W. Bush Administration sought to stop the incident from escalating into a regional crisis.

Syria called an emergency UN Security Council meeting over the attack saying it threatened "security and peace in the region and internationally".

In response, the Israelis said the deepest airstrike into Syria in 30 years had targeted a training camp for Palestinian militants and was in self-defence.

Washington said it would not support a Syrian resolution condemning the raid because it made no mention of a Palestinian suicide bomber attack on Saturday, in which 19 people were killed in an Israeli restaurant.

say what?
    http://www.clone-high.com/images/char/char_gandhi.gif'>
    [i]'No it's more like... [b]Saaayyyy Whhaaaat?[/b]'[/i]

3. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

4. I have a strange feeling i know where will this lead....

:tongue:

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

sucks for syria.
    ^5 Israel for not letting us know/asking for permission.

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

I mean Launching an attack on a country you suspect is going to attack you?

where the hell did they figure out that one?

;)

7. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

everybody to the wartime shuffle

8. I dont buy the "Israel did not give Washington any advance warning of the attack." if it werent for the states the arab world would have eaten the jews alive a long long time ago. Israelis dont move with no US backup. aka "Washington said it would not support a Syrian resolution condemning the raid because it made no mention of a Palestinian suicide bomber attack on Saturday, in which 19 people were killed in an Israeli restaurant."

9. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

by us you mean the U.S. right, (but meant to say 'us' not U.S.), well I would be surprised if we didn't know about it and bless it.

10. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

Re: Israel Goes on The Attack!

the beginning of a new and dangerous outlook on foreign policy and international relations, set off by bushy..preemptive strike (imperialism and domination disguised as fighting terrorists) without clear evidence and international support

and of course, bush is secretly thanking sharon for going on the syrian offensive, setting the stage for future aggression against another non-threataning muslim country.

disgusting.
    the israeli/u.s. coalition has now cemented its position as terrorists themsleves.

in fiction, this would be the foreshadowing of the next world war..
    [it may be reality as well]
    we're dead meat

***tesser, i agree.
    the israeli army is funded by the u.s.
    simply by supplying them with weapons we have a good idea of what they;re being used for, and surely whenever a new devlopment crops up, we support it [but deny it publicly to save face while concurrently achieveing another objective: undermining syria]

11. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

say what?

Whatever, let some asshole set off a bomb during your family reunion with all your close friends there and then tell me you wouldn't want to retaliate. :eek:

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

try living next to a bunch of terrorist assholes and having a 'smart' bomb blow up the entire block.

:eek:

13. Re: say what?

With all due respect, that kind of argumentative doesnt lead anywhere. Both sides practice the last 30+ years and see where we are. I'd hate it if that thread would evolve into a who did what thing.
    Aparently, this is another new chapter..you all remember that after Iraq Bush wanted to invade Syria after washington claimed that the WMD's where tranfered there (...). After the whole Kelly thing in the UK and the exposure of the fact that Bush and Blair Lied Israel bombs Syria cause the give shelter to terrorists...and the saga continues...

its sickening me.

14. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Right, sorry.

Can't we all just get along? :confused:

15. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

Read A History Book

so, i take it you are an authority on Jewish settlements in Palestine?

when, and why they were founded? and by whom?

what international conflicts stirred around the establishment of "Israel"

if you want to harken back, then go all the fucking way back.

you can't point to a suicide bombing last week as the cause of a justified israeli attack on syria.

the suicide bomber was palestinian.
    when was there any international investigation into terrorist activities in syria?
    when was the last u.s. led terrorism investigation??

and while you are on the subject..
    WHAT ABOUT THE FAMILY THAT WAS MASSACRED ACCIDENTALLY AT A WEDDING IN AFGHANISTAN LAST YEAR??

i suppose those lives don't count enough fo rretaliation in your book??

like tesser said, bringing up the history is a waste of time.
    it is about what to do form here, and right now, attacking syria is only going to precipitate more conflict.

fucking ignorance!!
    unveleebable