Is this Taki 183???

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:king:

IF IT WOULDNT BEEN FOR HIM NONE OF OUR CULTURE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPENING! HE TOOK BOMBING AND GETTING UP INTO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL....BUMP FOR THE ORIGINAL FOUNDING FATHER!

PS:THIS MIGHT BE NONE OF MY BIZNESS, BUT IM JUST WONDERING IS TAKI STILL ALIVE?

what do you mean if it wasnt for him graff wouldn't have existed? Are you mental? Graffiti is an italian word for "scratch". It has been around since biblical times, even rome couldn't escape it, as rival political factions wrote slogans and insults to each other through out the streets. Oh, nice TAKI flick. My old Junior high library had that wierd hip hop book with that flick in it.:confused:

Originally posted by SAR R2K

:king:

IF IT WOULDNT BEEN FOR HIM NONE OF OUR CULTURE WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPENING! HE TOOK BOMBING AND GETTING UP INTO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL....BUMP FOR THE ORIGINAL FOUNDING FATHER!

i could be wrong on this one, but from what i hear, taki was nothing other than one of a thousand writers that happend to get lucky and have an article written about him. he was never a 'founding father' just another kid with a marker. which isnt to take anything away from him at all, but saying that he started the movement of graffiti is a disservice to those people who actually did...

• 3 years later...

i 2nd that..Philly is the birthplace of graffiti

Cornbread all the way

taki183 just got an article about him, but Cornbread is the original

if your gonna b a smart ass and say theirs some one b4 him back in day, then yes they were called CAVEMEN

Archived