is this a bad move?

vinyl junkie

so i've been trying to buy a pinball machine for the last year and a half or so... saving money where i can, checking out the inside sales, etc, etc...

there's a good chance that a table will be going on the market soon... and it's one of the tables that's on my short list of tables that i would buy...

here is my dilema:

a friend of mine recently had her dad croak on her... she is living in his house (where the pinball machine is) but her sisters want to sell off their dad's estate... she doesn't...

if they do sell the estate, this would however mean that the pinball machine would be for sale, and on top of that, i would be able to get it cheap (this table usually sells for about $1200 and i figure i could get it for under $500, if i get it from girl directly)

the issue is that i'm weary of saying "as long as your sisters are fucking you out of a place to live and all, wanna sell me your dad's old shit?"

so yall think i should go ahead and ask, or would this not be the move of "a friend that's there for you and shit"..?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They would probably get as much from you as they would from an estate sale or auction.

and like it was already said, it's better that a friend has it than some stranger who might scrap it.

Originally posted by Hermdog+Mar 4 2005, 09:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hermdog - Mar 4 2005, 09:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>"I think your father would want me to have it"

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Mar 4 2005, 10:27 AM

Dude... It's a pinball table.

If a bitch cant swim, shes finna drown.

Get yourself a table son!

AMEN!!

Guest ctrl+alt+del

if you can do it, without being an uncouth bastard, and showing to her that you care more for her and her troubles, and the pinball table is an afterthought, then go for it