Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Is there such a thing as the "INNER CITY"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Anti, May 31, 2002.

1. Anti

Anti New Jack

You prolly opened this thread to see some stupid ass joke or spam or some shit but its a serious question. People still use this decades old term but I dont think its really accurate anymore. In most of the citys I've been in the 'inner city' has been gentrified to death and is nothing but a strip mall with REALLY tall starbucks. Would you say this is true for your city; that yuppies have turned all the industrial parts into ultra-trendy lofts and bulldozed all the 'neighborhood' type neighborhoods?
    Is it also true of your city that the outlaying suburbs and smaller nearby towns have taking in all the former 'innercity' residents so as not to distract the tourists?

2. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

there are some rad warehouses down by the platte river that would be awesome for a bunch of punks to do something with, but they turned them into yuppie fucking condos.

wait, they arent even yuppies anymore, they live off of their goddamned parents money.

3. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

People need to start bombing harder in those areas of those artsy coffee shops....

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Yes there are "innercities" but I don't think too many of you live in them.
    The inner city of Omaha Nebraska is nothing like the inner city of Los Angeles.

5. Anti

Anti New Jack

pistol:The inner city of Omaha Nebraska is nothing like the inner city of Los Angeles.

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

6. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Before you try to pull cards or clown...

I was trying to make a point of how alot of kids in here think they're "inner city", "ghetto", or whatever to raise their street cred when they're just another white suburbanite trying to sound ruff on a graffiti message board. I've seen alot on here already.

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

if buy innercity you mean ghetto . then yes . theres definately an inner city here .. prostitutes , crack addicts . all in plain view . smelly and dirty . my friend lives right by there .

8. Brownbread?

Brownbread? Junior Member

i think i can sorta agree with what Anti said at the top. the innercity use to be where you'd find the poor,minorities, and low-income housing but things have shifted. nowadays in most cities the innercity or downtown is cleaner and more "uppitty" than the areas surrounding it(surrounding area as in residental part of the city not the suburb). the areas surrounding or outside of the downtown is where you find most of the low-income housing and such. i cant say its like that allover but it seems to be like that way here and every city i've been to.

9. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

What I feel has changed is that the cities have become larger and are constatly expanding in size at a great rate.

Before the "innercity" might have been x number of squared miles now it's x plus 20.

The downtowns you probably see are the parts the city wants you to see. They just built the staple center in downtown and that part is decent. But you go 2 blocks east by the hospital and it's pretty fucking grimey. But they have it set up so you get off one of the freeways almost right into the parking lot, then get right back on without seeing any of the "bad,scary downtown".