Is there such a thing as the "INNER CITY"

Anti

You prolly opened this thread to see some stupid ass joke or spam or some shit but its a serious question. People still use this decades old term but I dont think its really accurate anymore. In most of the citys I've been in the 'inner city' has been gentrified to death and is nothing but a strip mall with REALLY tall starbucks. Would you say this is true for your city; that yuppies have turned all the industrial parts into ultra-trendy lofts and bulldozed all the 'neighborhood' type neighborhoods?

Is it also true of your city that the outlaying suburbs and smaller nearby towns have taking in all the former 'innercity' residents so as not to distract the tourists?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there are some rad warehouses down by the platte river that would be awesome for a bunch of punks to do something with, but they turned them into yuppie fucking condos.

wait, they arent even yuppies anymore, they live off of their goddamned parents money.

Before you try to pull cards or clown...

I was trying to make a point of how alot of kids in here think they're "inner city", "ghetto", or whatever to raise their street cred when they're just another white suburbanite trying to sound ruff on a graffiti message board. I've seen alot on here already.

i think i can sorta agree with what Anti said at the top. the innercity use to be where you'd find the poor,minorities, and low-income housing but things have shifted. nowadays in most cities the innercity or downtown is cleaner and more "uppitty" than the areas surrounding it(surrounding area as in residental part of the city not the suburb). the areas surrounding or outside of the downtown is where you find most of the low-income housing and such. i cant say its like that allover but it seems to be like that way here and every city i've been to.

What I feel has changed is that the cities have become larger and are constatly expanding in size at a great rate.

Before the "innercity" might have been x number of squared miles now it's x plus 20.

The downtowns you probably see are the parts the city wants you to see. They just built the staple center in downtown and that part is decent. But you go 2 blocks east by the hospital and it's pretty fucking grimey. But they have it set up so you get off one of the freeways almost right into the parking lot, then get right back on without seeing any of the "bad,scary downtown".

Archived