Is there one for the Dogtown Z-boys movie yet?

I Luv Roo

Dogtown and Z-boys movie...

Unfortunately I'm not one of those VIP's at tradeshows with tickets to the premiere - but I saw the preview for this movie a couple of weeks ago and it looks GOOD.

If you used to skate, and stopped for one reason or another - THIS movie will get you out there again for sure.

Anyone else catch the movie or the preview?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OH MAN...DOGTOWN AN Z-BOYS.....IM NOT THAT OLD BUT I REMEMBER ANIMAL CHIN.................

---WHERE DO YOU WANNA SKATE NEXT..LETS GO TO WALLOWS...WE WERE JUS THERE..OH YEA.....(EVERYONE) LANCE YOUR SO LAMEEEEEEEEE!!! HAHAHAHA

HA ALSO A FUNNY STORY..ME AN MY FRIEN WERE AT WARP TOUR AWHILE BACK AN WE WERE FUCKIN PSYCHED TO SEE CAB THERE BUT WE COULDN STOP MESSIN WITH HIM CALLIN HIM TACO NECK..MY FRIEND CAN PUKE WHEN HE WANTS TO SO HE WALKED UP AN PUKED IN FRONT OF THE BOOTH AN WE STARTED TO PRAISE AN PICK ON THE CABSTER UNTIL HE GAVE US A COUPLE FREE T-SHIRTS TO LEAVE HIM ALONE...HE EVEN AUTOGRAPHED EM...WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FUN DAYS OF SKATING?!!!

-ODESK-6FK, MDS!!

• 2 months later...

Holy Muthafuckin schidt

I just got to witness a press screening of the Dogtown Documentary - goddamn that was AWESOME! Makes me very proud to be a skater for life. Jay Adams was the shit! And all that super8 footage is unbelievable. Super props to Vans for financing the film, Stacy Peralta for directing it they way it should be directed and edited... raw! Props to Sony for giving the world a chance to see this film, props to Sundance for recognizing this as the documentary of the year (definite academy award) - and prop to Sean Penn for narrating it and not getting paid.

I seriously recoomend that everybody see this movie when it comes out next month, skater or not. It is a lot of fun, very interesting, and an importent document of the birth of modern aggrsive skating.

Now excuse me while I bust some Bertlemans on this here flat bank.

• 3 weeks later...

TA is cool as fuck, I spent a weekend with him in 86 that it turned out was also with Clint Deeton (but I didn't figure that out until he brought Tim Payne to our ramp in 92 or so). Dogtown kids have always been my inspiration, even to the extent that the first tag style I ever pushed was a squared off vato style (ala the Fogtown ads)... Stacy is to cool for school...

The movie's not really about skating in the 80's. It's the mid 70's when skateboarding was big, but no one had any style. Then along came the Zephyr team with a whole new approach to skating - surf style, banks, hills, burtleman turns, pools - but with a big emphasis on flow and style. It paved the way for skating as we know it from the 80's, 90's and now.

Guest im not witty

is this movie gonna come out nationally? ive seen previews in skate magazines and on the internet but nothing else. any one got a line on where i could see it.

Archived