Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Is there a 'B-Side"

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by fr8otech, Dec 7, 2003.

1. fr8otech

fr8otech Senior Member

After a recent discussion, I'm prompted to see what some of you on this board have to say on the subject.

What are your thoughts on doing both sides of dope car. I'm not talking about standard stock, but specail cars ie. New Reefers, Tbox, fresh paints.

The responces last night were along the lines of:

- You're asking to get painted over.

- Fuck it, it might get gone over anyway, so with both sides done, my odds are better.

- I'd go over someone if they did both sides.

What do you think?

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

seems like a waste of paint.. i'd rather have another car out there working for me.. a hollow on the otherside makes sense though.

3. krowteN

krowteN Member

yeah i agree. painting both sides of the same car is kind of wasteful.
    a hollow and "other side" usually does it for me.

4. porque

porque Senior Member

...i've done it before...i'll do it again...

...but only under certain circumstances...everythings relative right?...if i go out and there a bunch of the same 'ol cars and one really good one and both sides are clean, then yeah i'll think about doing both sides...but definately burners on both sides...i don't think it's a waste of paint cause it makes it twice as likely that that car will be seen...

...but if it's a REALLY good car i probably wouldn't do it cause that's just selfish and will make it more likely that someone will go over one if not both sides...

...i'm not a big fan of the 'other side' shout...mostly becasue when i'm benchin it just makes me think i might have missed something really good...

...again i'm not recomending this on a regular basis...just under certain conditions...i can only think of one or two times that i'm sure i've knowingly done it...

5. rob deer

rob deer Guest

I never have the attention span to stay close to 1 car for 2 burners.

most of the best pics taken are when the car's parked at a yard or layup, so if you're in it for flicks and history, one side and an "other side" shout will do.

if you're in it to make kids in the midwest see you while the train flys by at 45-60... you better do both sides...with simple letters.

^^^...i'm not a big fan of the 'other side' shout...mostly becasue when i'm benchin it just makes me think i might have missed something really good... ^^^

:sick: don't ya just hate that. my favorite is when you see "other side" and you pull some crazy shit to try catch it and it sucks.

6. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

"seems like a waste of paint.. i'd rather have another car out there working for me.. a hollow on the otherside makes sense though."

thats what i think.

7. porque

porque Senior Member

...lots of bench spots are different...and i've taken some great flicks of trains rolling into the yard at 10-15mph...but there's hardly a layup that i can go to in the day time to take flicks without riskin blowing it up...

...yeah that really does suck to run around and try to see the other side and it's no good...so let me ask real quick...what is your rational for putting up 'otherside'...so that someone that sees it rolling knows they just missed one of your pieces...or so someone in the layup knows to cross over and look at the other side...or...so that YOU know which car it is...

8. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I don't see why not do both sides. The "hogging space" complaint is absolute garbage, getting up is the name of the game so go as hard as you want.
    I don't think I've ever done both sides, just because I would only do that out of a desperate lack of cars. I'm big on targeting a car, hitting it, and then releasing it into the system, see what happens, see if anybody spots it down the road. That car will have a distinct fate from all the other cars I've done. If I do both sides, they will travel the same places and have the same fate, so it's a bit redundant.
    I don't bother saying "other side", I think I gave that up in '99. A hollow or streak is adequate for me.

9. nvOne

nvOne Member

yep.

10. overneath

overneath Member

ive done it once, only when cars were lacking and it was a very nice car.
    i would definantly rather have two burners on separate trains out there though. all depends on the situation and how nice this car is.

11. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

on the rare occasion that i have gone out and found the yard nearly empty, or when everything is laid up in an unsafe position, (and i've been confined to a small area), i've done this..

if there's plenty of cars though, there isn't a very good reason other than 'hogging' your favorite car..

fuggit.

it's graffiti.

paint where you want.

12. what is odd is i have seen your cars come back to the spot(s) they were done at, but facing the opposite way. i'm surprised you didn't manage to accidentally do the same train, since it had happened on more than one occasion. it's even more funny since you've explained to me how difficult it is to turn a train around too.

13. ModelCitizen

ModelCitizen Member

I agree with it being redundant, and I wouldn't see it as going "the extra mile" or anything if someone made a point consistently paint both sides.

Although painting 2 different pieces on one side of a train is kind of ill ... just as a funny gimmick to get a reaction.

14. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

enter the wye

15. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Yeah but but you know how I operate, memorizing numbers and shit...I'll see the car number and say "Cool, I'm on the other side of this one, from '01, at spot X, green and autumn gold color scheme" etc. :beat::king::beat: