... is the way of the walk

Smart

OK, the rumor, and it seems to be substantiated... is that 4:20 was an expression started by a group of friends that would all hook up around that time and then eventually, no matter the time it was still 4:20...

So, I got this thing, from my old HIGH school friends that I have shown to people all around the country (some international but not enough to say globally)... Craziest thing is, my homies all think of it as some super secret code, they hardly tell anyone and I have found it one of THE MOST USEFUL tricks in my bag. It comes in handy when you're with new folks in weird places. Just make sure everyone (who counts) knows the drill and you're golden... SO...

It's like a football referee type signal but you can be subtle... basically, you bend your left arm up (you don't have to touch your thumb to your left shoulder but that's the motion) then you touch your elbow TWICE (2 quick taps works nice) with your right hand... keep it on the lowski.

and that's it... it's not gonna be super 'networthy' and all, like kids aren't gonna be making it their screen names, God protect us, but for real, take it to your friends and fam and spread this shit out!

Basically, I'm giving you weed heads of 12oz the ground floor on next underground clue AND I wanna read about it in High Times sometime SOON!

Seriously, we've been doing this for 20 years and I've told hundreds of people, maybe even a full on thousand and I know they're out there but... I've decided 12oz is the jumpstreet for this on a national scale...

so get to it!

p.s. post pictures of yourself, or others (and probably blur even your friends faces, yeah?) throwing out what we have dubbed "The High Sign"

p.p.s. In the past the high sign was waggling your fingers underneath your chin, a move taken from 'Lil Rascals... time for an update buttwheat!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, I suppose you could get jiggy with it but it's mostly on the low... I guess it really doesn't matter which shoulder you put your thumb to but, DOUBLE TAP right hand on left elbow, and keep it somewhat subtle...

I guess you could do that while you kick box your own arse...

almost better? you must like assholes and cops at concerts to know what you're up to... look...

This is some shit straight off the shelf,

like I said it's some shit I use myself.

I found it successful to a marked degree,

and I'm givin' it to ya free!

Interesting, Ive never heard that one. Friends and associates used to use this hand signal at parties and etc. Always helps out when theres some people there that you dont want smoking or did not want to proclaim to everyone that you were gonna smoke. Esp. because alot of the parties that were crashed most of us had no clue who owned the place.

candy_hand.gif

Held it down next to your hip with your palm facing backward. Like that circle game you played in grade school.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Our code goes like this:

"We're gonna get some beer. Anybody want some?" ----> We'll go get some beer, and bring back some for anyone who wants some.

"We're gonna get some beers. Anybody want some?" ---> We'll go smoke, and bring back beer for anyone who wants some.

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 7 2006, 10:56 AM

Our code goes like this:

"We're gonna get some beer. Anybody want some?" ----> We'll go get some beer, and bring back some for anyone who wants some.

"We're gonna get some beers. Anybody want some?" ---> We'll go smoke, and bring back beer for anyone who wants some.

I just coughed up a hamburger!!

Well Smart..To show my appreciation of you handing down ancient secrets I will share one of my new found codes of when to put it away..

Real simple..Say "Hammertime."

I was playing poker with a bunch of buddies on a Sunday afternoon. One of the guys has a 8-10 year old kid that is usually amidst our presence. when he walks away the smoking enrages until someone says, "Hammertime."

This works with absolutely nobody but the five guys who I ritually play poker with, but yeah...Maybe you can make a thread about it sometime once it gets popular...

Guest nutsonmychin!

i did go to SRHS. GO DOGS. but it's true.

http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/420.htm

Origins: Odd

terms sneak into our language every now and then, and this is one of the oddest. Everyone who considers himself in the know about the drug subculture has heard that '420' has something to do with illegal drug use, but when you press them, they never seem to know why, or even what the term supposedly signifies.

It's both more and less than people make it out to be. '420' began its sub-rosa linguistic career in 1971 as a bit of slang casually used by a group of high school kids at San Rafael High School in California. '420' (always pronounced "four-twenty," never "four hundred and twenty") came to be an accepted part of the argot within that group of about a dozen pot smokers, beginning as a reminder of the time they planned to meet to light up, 4:20 p.m. Keep in mind this wasn't a general call to all dope smokers everywhere to toke up at twenty past four every day; it was twelve kids who'd made a date to meet near a certain statue. It's thus incorrect to deem that '420' originated as a national or international dope-smoking time, even though the term began as a reference to a particular time of day.

Guest im not witty

if a party is crowded, weve been known to take it to that "hey lets go smoke but not all you fuckin triflin fucks" level, by suggesting gay sex and then leaving the room. those who know follow, those who think we are fags stay behind. its pretty crucial if youre a homophobe, but its never not worked.