Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

... is the way of the walk

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

OK, the rumor, and it seems to be substantiated... is that 4:20 was an expression started by a group of friends that would all hook up around that time and then eventually, no matter the time it was still 4:20...

So, I got this thing, from my old HIGH school friends that I have shown to people all around the country (some international but not enough to say globally)... Craziest thing is, my homies all think of it as some super secret code, they hardly tell anyone and I have found it one of THE MOST USEFUL tricks in my bag. It comes in handy when you're with new folks in weird places. Just make sure everyone (who counts) knows the drill and you're golden... SO...

It's like a football referee type signal but you can be subtle... basically, you bend your left arm up (you don't have to touch your thumb to your left shoulder but that's the motion) then you touch your elbow TWICE (2 quick taps works nice) with your right hand... keep it on the lowski.

and that's it... it's not gonna be super 'networthy' and all, like kids aren't gonna be making it their screen names, God protect us, but for real, take it to your friends and fam and spread this shit out!

Basically, I'm giving you weed heads of 12oz the ground floor on next underground clue AND I wanna read about it in High Times sometime SOON!

Seriously, we've been doing this for 20 years and I've told hundreds of people, maybe even a full on thousand and I know they're out there but... I've decided 12oz is the jumpstreet for this on a national scale...

so get to it!

p.s. post pictures of yourself, or others (and probably blur even your friends faces, yeah?) throwing out what we have dubbed "The High Sign"

p.p.s. In the past the high sign was waggling your fingers underneath your chin, a move taken from 'Lil Rascals... time for an update buttwheat!

2. skullnbones

skullnbones Elite Member

so its for when your high or when you want to get high?
    im not sure if you answered that and cant be bothered reading it again. my fuckign head hurts.

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

it's the sign for 'let's go smoke'

4. skullnbones

skullnbones Elite Member

hmm nice. i peeped a guy walking down an alley the other day moving his arm/elbow in a strange fasion. he was on his own and at the time i thought he was just some fruit cake trying to kick box his own arse. maybe he just wanted to get high. interesting.

5. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

well, I suppose you could get jiggy with it but it's mostly on the low... I guess it really doesn't matter which shoulder you put your thumb to but, DOUBLE TAP right hand on left elbow, and keep it somewhat subtle...

I guess you could do that while you kick box your own arse...

6. NightOwl

NightOwl Member

i dont know... i usually scream out... "HEY GUYS!! LETS SMOKE SOME MARIJUANA!!"

haha

pretty cool though smart...almost better than the universal "airjoint" to the lips

7. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

almost better? you must like assholes and cops at concerts to know what you're up to... look...

This is some shit straight off the shelf,
    like I said it's some shit I use myself.
    I found it successful to a marked degree,
    and I'm givin' it to ya free!

8. skullnbones

skullnbones Elite Member

other than the fact it can be confused with fruit cakes in alleyways trying to kick box themselves, i think its awesome and i may share it if i rememeber it.

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

This is a hilarious thread. There are a million ways to signal things that you're trying to keep on the downlow. But this doesn't sound universal enough to try and use on people that I haven't discussed it with.

10. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

we'd just ask eachother who was gonna fade up on the sack

11. Gunm

Gunm Banned

my crew already has a hand gesture or two but I'll be glad to incorporate the whole "elbow tap" into the mix

12. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Interesting, Ive never heard that one. Friends and associates used to use this hand signal at parties and etc. Always helps out when theres some people there that you dont want smoking or did not want to proclaim to everyone that you were gonna smoke. Esp. because alot of the parties that were crashed most of us had no clue who owned the place.
    [​IMG]
    Held it down next to your hip with your palm facing backward. Like that circle game you played in grade school.

13. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

smart, youre confusing.

very.

14. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

i'll stick to the old when i move you move... or get left out. you young folk and your signal slang.

15. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

I like it in theory, but could I bend my right arm and tap with my left hand? That's more comfortable for me.