is the heart of rock and roll still beating?

Mr. Mang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Days of Rock 'n' Roll are Numbered---Too Bad.

Rap is the wave of the future. A bazillion old ex-hippies don't mean anything but good record sales on "The Best of .38 Special" or "The Rolling Stones Christmas Album." To have a future, you gotta have the YOUNG PEOPLE. Rock lost the edge about ten years ago. Next thing we know, we'll be right down there alongside the jump blues or polka music. Nothing lasts forever. Rock and Roll had a good run, from the late, late '40s till now. That's about fifty years. Not bad, for a bunch of hoods with ducktail haircuts.

Guest deadmansrum.

i once tore a man's heart from his chest and clutched it in me hands, in hopes that it would still beat. alas, it did not, and i thrust it back inside before shoving him off the deck.

yep righto...

what about

b.r.m.c

the strokes

the vines

even the ramones were still going strong... sad about their untimley end.

rolling stones

the whitlams

weezer

the pixies

queens of the stone age

rock is still around. its just lumped in with punk and all this other crap cause no one knows the difference any more

NAH, YOU'RE RIGHT... I'M FEELING THE STROKES, WEEZER, WHITE STRIPES, AND EVEN STAIND... BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT HIP-HOP HAS TAKEN THE PLACE OF ROCK N' ROLL AS THE NEW POPULAR MUSIC AND THE NEW VEHICLE OF YOUTH EXPRESSION AND REBELLION...

EVEN THOUGH I'M A FAN OF CERTAIN HIP-HOP AND GREW UP WITH IT, IT'S STILL KIND OF SAD THAT IT'S THE PREDOMINANT MUSIC, CONSIDERING THAT MOST WHITE LISTENERS (ICEBERG, POSTAHOLIC, SEEKING) ARE ASPIRING TO A CULTURE AND ATTITUDE THAT FITS THEM ABOUT AS WELL AS SPEEDOS ON AN ESKIMO... NOT TO MENTION THAT THE MESSAGE OF MOST RAP SHIT TOOK A SHARP TURN AS SOON AS MONEY GOT INVOLVED...

I GUESS ARTIFICIAL IMAGE FOR AN INCREASINGLY ARTIFICIAL AMERICA SHOULDN'T COME AS A SHOCKER... AND ALTHOUGH THERE'S A LOT OF RAP I ENJOY, THERE'S ONLY A CERTAIN AMOUNT THAT I RELATE TO...

Guest FACE WON
Originally posted by MARLBORO RED

OF COURSE!

ROCK LIVES ON IN SUCH TALENTED AND INSPIRATIONAL BANDS AS NICKELBACK AND P.O.D.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT???THOSE TWO BANDS SUCK....HOW BOUT FILTER?OR MAYBE STONE TEMPLE PIOLTS,MONSTER MAGNET,OR NASHVILLE PUSSY???IM SURPRISED YOU GUYS DONT LIKE CREED...POD?NICKELBACK??C'MON YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING.....

Guest FACE WON

DUDE, IF YOUR TOO DUMB TO NOTICE BLATANT SARCASM, THEN YOU'RE DEFINITELY TOO DUMB TO BE TALKING TO ME... SHOVE OFF HOMO

YOU GOT IT COWBOY KILLER....YOU'RE A GENIUS!YOUR POST WAS DRIPPING WITH SARCASM I JUST OVER LOOKED IT...DUDE IF ONLY I WHERE AS COOL AS YOU!

OF COURSE!

ROCK LIVES ON IN SUCH TALENTED AND INSPIRATIONAL BANDS AS NICKELBACK AND P.O.D.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?

i actually so those fuckers, nickelback, live. It was a couple of years ago, and it is in the top 50 worst days of my life. Long story, but I gotta say that the BEST thing that happened to me that night was getting drive-by egged at the end of my street on the way home.

Originally posted by crackatinnie

yep righto...

what about

b.r.m.c

the strokes

the vines

even the ramones were still going strong... sad about their untimley end.

rolling stones

the whitlams

weezer

the pixies

queens of the stone age

rock is still around. its just lumped in with punk and all this other crap cause no one knows the difference any more

Most of those bands are lame (vines, strokes, b.r.m.c. white stripes, hives) and jumped on the "we want to sound like 60s rock to be cool, but we will basically rewrite songs with less talent than the oldies and then get a big record lebal so they will sell our crappie records."

Personally Rock is fucking alive. Punk rock is alive. Hardcore is alive. Metal is alive. Indie rock is alive. Pop rock is alive. Those are all forms of rock, and are all alive.

HEll all the classic rock is alive.

this is an important issue whats going on? bump this shit!

nah i reckon they were good. for one i like the sound of revamped 60's rock i mean fair enough you think it sucks but i reckon its actually better than the rest of the crap thats out there because it dosent have a half assed 'culture' attatched to it yet so its versatile.

indie sucks. punk sucks. hardcore sucks. metal sucks. pop rock sucks. actually metal is pretty good. but the rest of this stuff is like sound tracks to home made lobotomy videos.

Archived