Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Is Sooperman Gay?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by MAR, Jun 21, 2006.

1. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - After weeks of Internet buzzing that the new Superman movie portrays the Man of Steel as gay, the director of the film issued a strong denial on Friday and said it was the most heterosexual character he has filmed.
    Superman "is probably the most heterosexual character in any movie I've ever made," said Bryan Singer, director of "Superman Returns," a new movie about the crime-fighting superhero that opens June 28. "I don't think he's ever been gay."
    In recent months, the movie's ability to lure its target audience has been questioned by Internet buzz probing the superhero's sexuality.
    Young men are the movie's target audience and the film needs to attract millions of them to earn a profit and relaunch the "Superman" film franchise.
    A major gay magazine, The Advocate, ran a cover story with the headline: "How Gay is Superman," and the Los Angeles Times weighed in with its own story on whether being gay might hinder or help the movie's box office receipts.
    After all, gay romance "Brokeback Mountain" won awards and raked in $178 million worldwide.
    So he wears a leotard and flies around in a red cape. Big deal, Singer said, noting Spider-Man wears tights. The X-Men do too, and they aren't gay. Singer ought to know, he directed 2000's "X-Men" movie and 2003's "X2: X-Men United."
    Singer said his version of the Man of Steel, who is played by Brandon Roth, is a "very romantic icon" -- handsome, virtuous and vulnerable.
    In the movie, Superman comes back to Earth after a five- year absence. Early on, audiences learn the love of his life, hard-charging reporter Lois Lane, has moved on from her infatuation with him. She has a new boyfriend and a child.
    Yet when he re-enters her life, Lois still has that sexy gleam in her eye, and he can't wait to fly her to the moon.
    "We were all scratching our heads," said Paul Levitz, president and publisher of Superman owner DC Comics. "He's not a gay character."

CNN Video Reel--->http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=2&guideContext=65.72&pmmsid=1668786

[/nohomo]

2. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Elite Member

"most heterosexual"?

i didn't realize there was a scale.

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I was trying to tell this creepy closet fuck I know that being gay is good for your career. That he should just come out and watch his life be good. Well, until Judgement Day, of course. Or AIDS.

4. :p :p :p :p

5. Inhalant

Inhalant Senior Member

6. madsencarl

madsencarl Senior Member

lucky he isn't allergic to latex.

7. transparent

transparent Senior Member

8. The Man with the Answers

The Man with the Answers Member

most hero types are fags or closet fags or self-hating denial fags... hence the need to be heroes

9. madsencarl

madsencarl Senior Member

villians are the real ish.

10. garlic prawns

garlic prawns Senior Member

11. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

12. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

and goes by "Pooperman" now..

13. Deptronik

Deptronik Member

this brings into play an old theory of mine...you're either straight or gay. if you're a guy and "bi" you're not bi! you're GAY if in any way or form you fuck with another man, "Gay is gay my nigga!" *as said by mero in another thread* but back to the maaaain subject. Superman. who gives a fuck!? the nigga done good in my book. regaurdless of his choice of attire. not that theres' many super hterosexually dressed heros' to begin with,

14. broke1

broke1 Member

a guy that weres tights must b gay, like all the other "super frends"