Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

is skateboarding hip hop?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ReALiiiis, Sep 19, 2001.

1. ReALiiiis

ReALiiiis New Jack

ive been a skater most of my life and ive been involved in hip hop most of my life, ive always looked at skateboarding as the hidden chamber.

hip hop is our generation,so is skateboarding, hip hop is about using your mind, body and soul, so is skateboarding. hip hop is all about style, so is skateboarding.

im a emcee and a writer, those 2 things are the only 2 things that take me away from this fucked up world besides skating(well, and a nice rolled swisher).

------------------
    damn kid, why do you gotta say all that?

2. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

suck my butt?

------------------
    chicken bone!

3. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

why even go and label something you enjoy- screw the label of what it is. just enjoy yourself while you're doing it...makes sense doesnt it? stop sounding like a kid who wants to fit in so bad...

4. ReALiiiis

ReALiiiis New Jack

i dont want to fit in so bad, i pretty much grew up by myself. im just searching for an opinoin,i could care what people think, i just wanna know if im the only one who thinks skateboarding is a hidden element.

5. miz303

miz303 Banned

....hip hop is music and skatboarding is a sport.....but most skaters i've met have skated there whole lives and at some point they got up........

6. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

7. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

fuck a swisher....its all about the optimos...what?

------------------
    Cock in one hand gun in the other
    100 and 10 degrees outside

8. MeroSeis

MeroSeis Banned

ENHHHHHHH* wrong answer playa

white owls.

MEROMAN
    INVINCIBLE

9. DIBS

DIBS Senior Member

10. kid toucher

kid toucher Member

fuck it. i got into graffiti way before i got into hip hop, i was listening to punk fuckin rock will hittin shit up....what?

------------------
    Cock in one hand gun in the other
    100 and 10 degrees outside

11. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

my penis is hip hop.....you should see its up-rock.....rock steady who??

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

12. ohnoone

ohnoone Elite Member

Boogie hands is slowly becoming my favorite person on here. ridiculous funny! playboy brought jokes.

also, bunnies are hip hop.
    and skateboarding is not a sport, fuck anyone who says so.

13. goreguts

goreguts Guest

Is skateboarding hip-hop? Whats next Rollerblading? Streetluging? You can be into hip-hop and skateboard, but can you look at skateboarders like Jim Greco, Barley, or any other ripper and actually think skating is some gay fifth element? Think about it.

14. SCOTCH WHISKEO

SCOTCH WHISKEO Dirty Dozen Crew

I have been into hip-hop since 1977 and I enjoy Fly-Fishing as well. I believe the two are intertwined so deeply that fly-fishing has become the 6th and a half elment of hip-hop, almost from the start, Bambatta and Kool-Herc would battle to see who could tie the most realistic lures. To this day I find that beat-boxing "Apache" in my hip waders will lull most Trout into believing that i have come in the spirit of Peace and Unity.

15. ReALiiiis

ReALiiiis New Jack

i grew up on classic rock, blues, funk, punk,
    pretty much everything but country and techno. you are rite, shit like this shouldnt be judged, or put into a catagory cus it all comes natural. im just saying this is our generation, we are bringing art(music,b-boying,grafitti,skateboarding...) to a new level. we unite through speakers, magazines, concert halls and parks to let go of this fucked up place we live in.

i was just asking a simple question. i really could give a fuck what yall think.

i know who i am and you know who you are.

------------------
    i kill kennedys!