Is my tag ready for the big time?

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Swiffer Jet

that's too much for a tag.

Ah, well, I don't tag all of that at once. That's like if I tag in someone's blackbook or I'm in a bathroom stall dropping the kids off at the pool. I mainly just tag lens. Obviously tagging all three with the face would be ridiculous.

Originally posted by silent_j5

I hate these stupid threads, its not even about graffiti to you it's about looking cool...

more than likely, its really more of a TAGGING thing though. All you need to do is go out and TAG. Kids needa learn terminology before they do anything really

Originally posted by LENS

I've been tagging on and off for a few years but only recently started getting serious about it. I wanted to hold off until my tags looked clean enough before getting up. I just wanted some feedback.

feedback: your a fucking idiot. dont bother going "big time" and leaving the shitter to take tags, just quit. theres too many idiots doing graffiti already.

chill out

His stuff is pretty good ( in my opinion ) i'm new at this too, but i think some of you gotta chill out. :idea: You didnt all pick up a can of paint or a marker and throw down some ill shit, so give him your opinion on his peice, not his experience in graffiti. either that, or shut the hell up and dont post anything about it. :smiles:

Re: Re: Is my tag ready for the big time?

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

feedback: your a fucking idiot. dont bother going "big time" and leaving the shitter to take tags, just quit. theres too many idiots doing graffiti already.

Wow, I wish i could be cool like you so's i could go around talking such articulate shit. What time is your mom picking you up from tagging tonight? Heh heh.

Take your 2000+ posts and cram'em up your ass.

"With just enough soap we could blow up just about anything."

Re: Re: Re: Is my tag ready for the big time?

" imagine what i'm gonna be capable of a year from now. I'll be working twice as hard now on my tags, my sketches....thanks for the motivation!"

your dumb ass is gonna be moving on to the next trend, I hate your lame ass terminology...

Ya know, I read another thread not too long ago about 12 OZ m.ia.

In it I read a post where someone lamented about how there's no one with anything intersting to say or contribute to this messageboard. Well guess what, people like you are too busy shooting down the up and comers because they're too afraid that their thunder'll get stolen. You bitch there's too many idiots? What do you call yourself leaving a post like that? Don't be jealous because I picked up a pen and learned to tag like that in less than a months time. imagine what i'm gonna be capable of a year from now. I'll be working twice as hard now on my tags, my sketches....thanks for the motivation!

Take your 2000+ posts and cram em' right up your ass. Sideways if they'll fit.

FIRST OF ALL I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU COME ON HERE AND ASK IF YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE "BIG TIME " THAT'S JUST RIDICULOUS TO ME . WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT AND "DO IT " INSTEAD OF STAYING HOME AND PRACTICING AND ASKING FOR BLESSINGS BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT. IT'S NICE YOU CAME UP WITH THOSE FREEHANDS IN A MONTHS TIME BUT I BET YOU , YOU WON'T EVEN BE WRITING IN A YEAR , AND THERE ARE TOO MANY IDIOTS IN GRAFFITI , AND YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT THAT WANTS TO BE A GRAFFITI WRITER ( WHICH DON'T REALLY EXIST ANYMORE)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is my tag ready for the big time?

Originally posted by silent_j5

" imagine what i'm gonna be capable of a year from now. I'll be working twice as hard now on my tags, my sketches....thanks for the motivation!"

your dumb ass is gonna be moving on to the next trend, I hate your lame ass terminology...

Oh yeah? I hate your moms cooking! And tell her I was throwing that crappy steak of hers underneath the table to your dog.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is my tag ready for the big time?

Originally posted by kubrick

FIRST OF ALL I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU COME ON HERE AND ASK IF YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE "BIG TIME " THAT'S JUST RIDICULOUS TO ME . WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT AND "DO IT " INSTEAD OF STAYING HOME AND PRACTICING AND ASKING FOR BLESSINGS BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T REALLY GIVE A SHIT. IT'S NICE YOU CAME UP WITH THOSE FREEHANDS IN A MONTHS TIME BUT I BET YOU , YOU WON'T EVEN BE WRITING IN A YEAR , AND THERE ARE TOO MANY IDIOTS IN GRAFFITI , AND YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT THAT WANTS TO BE A GRAFFITI WRITER ( WHICH DON'T REALLY EXIST ANYMORE)

Hmm, okay, lemme respond. In my area writers are hard to meet. Am I supposed to go up to someone and say "Ah yeah yo, do you write?" No, I don't. I wanted to come here and get honest feedback about my work and isn't this what the posting forums are for? My understanding is that this is a site where I can ask advice and get honest criticism but all i seem to get is a lot of bullshit. That's what i got out of it. I guess for you these forums serve as a crutch for an ego that has been broken by a steady succession of failure, rejection and long hours at a dead end job. In a years time, I'll probably be even better than you are. Sad truth "friend".

ok lens.......your weapons of choice are

marsh industrial marker

pilot mini wide

kiwi mop with a ink mixture of black rit dye, brake fluid, blue pilot ink

a scanner+printer with as many avery labels as you can get

black meanstreak

a shitload of nythins

tons of acrylic paint

scribe

i've seen alot of heads get up hard as hell with just tags alone.

all i gotta say lens is........ i'm cool i dont get upset , i just kick a hole in the speaker pull the plug then i jet!

Ok, well, first, before I say anything else, I should let you know about your attitude:

It sucks.

You wanted honest criticism? You already have a lot here. Just most people don't have the patience to sit down and say more than "you suck" and explain why. Right now, your shit is toy. And as most toys do, you get over-defensive cuz you've had no other benchmarks to go against and you think you're the shit.

Wrong.

Ok, so what can I say about your tag so that you won't just start namecalling... Your stuff right now has no real potential. Basically, I'm sorry, it sucks. You've gone completely off track, and the first thing you need to do is to head back to basics.

First things first. Economy of motion. If you look at really classy tags, you can see the "motion" that's gone into it. It has a direction. It has flow. Also, some tags can be executed in a single stroke. Right now your "e" is made of 4 strokes. Not only is it angular and shitty, but in terms of time (in other words, if you're doing stuff on streets) it would take too long. Try and make each letter one stroke, or at the most, two. The try and give your tag direction. It should just flow in pretty much continuous motion from the point that you start at till the end. Sure you can lift your pen off the paper, but flow.

Secondly, simplicity of form. Go and look around 12oz and find some very classy hands. I'd recommend Twist, O'Clock, Veefer and some of the old NYC heads simply because there's no way on earth you'd be able to talk any shit about them. The underlying letters are amazingly simple. No extra bars, serifs, strokes, etc. Just simple, stylish letters, smoothly written with flow. Don't bite them. Just look and be inspired. And you might see what I mean about simplicity.

Thirdly, go and buy a pad of A4 paper. On the first page, write in simple letters,

LENS

Just like that. No additional strokes, serifs, arrows, outlines, quotemarks, halos, whatever. Then, write it again, a bit faster. Make it smooth. And write it a bit faster again. And again. And every so often, go back and make sure that it's legible, clean, and flows. Write your name 50, 100 times a day. If you're writing quickly, and not fucking around with extras, that should take you less than 5 minutes.

Fill up that A4 pad, then come back and see what people have to say.

I don't even know why I typed this. It's probably cuz I'm sick of toys coming for opinions and getting angry when people tell them they suck. Well, you do. But at least I've told you a way that you can get better.

Spike/boredinthelibraryoner

Re: chill out

Originally posted by ErBiN_nEwB

His stuff is pretty good ( in my opinion ) i'm new at this too, but i think some of you gotta chill out. :idea: You didnt all pick up a can of paint or a marker and throw down some ill shit, so give him your opinion on his peice, not his experience in graffiti. either that, or shut the hell up and dont post anything about it. :smiles:

no, you are one hundred percent right. none of us just picked up a can and were perfect, however, none of us got on these boards and asked for feedback before we even started. The cat has to get out and practice preactice practice. becuase no matter how good his book is, he isnt going to just have a perfect piece in there and blow it up on the streets. he is going to have to try over and over again at the smalled, less detailed shit. So even if we say "YES THAT TAG IS FUCKIN AMAZING" more than likely, he wont even be able to bust it until he has attained some skills by workin on other shit. After he has gone out, thrown some up, taken flicks, then he should ask if he is gettin better or if that one is a good throw, that way we can say "no, improve here" and he will have more skill than just his black book skill and will be able to take the advice.

Ive been painting since i was 11 years old, i hate motherfuckers that are 17-21 that think they can get into this shit and fucking be kings, im still paying dues, i have my name out, that shit dont matter, and i could give a fuck what people think, it's graffitti, that's it, letters on walls, dont make a big deal out of it, it's you being a loser writing your name, that's it......if you dont like peopel talking shit, then keep your head in the ground you punk motherfucker.

Originally posted by onesecondple

more than likely, its really more of a TAGGING thing though. All you need to do is go out and TAG. Kids needa learn terminology before they do anything really

didnt read anything that annoyed me more that this bitching over terminology. Who cares? But really, who cares? Yeah, he may sound a little "lame", but i dont think the first thing people should take when becoming a writer is a vocabulary test. I suppose if i called my hand a...i dont know.....skeeplidotpancake...that would probably mean i would be considered a "square" (or whatever you kids are saying these days) but why do you care? I dont know...

Wow, I wish i could be cool like you so's i could go around talking such articulate shit. What time is your mom picking you up from tagging tonight? Heh heh.

Take your 2000+ posts and cram'em up your ass.

junior, you still suck.

and since when does post #'s account for anything? keep crying about how its oh so hard to meet writers in your area. coming on the internet to learn graffiti is the bitch way out. you suck. and thats really just the end of it. ciao.

and mommy picks me up at 11pm. what does that have to do with this?

Archived