is it trendy?

casekonly

a friend mentioned this a few days ago and i keep thinking about it:

is it trendy to hate the world and worldly ways now? alot of people do seem to down it and the way it's going right now, but historically, it's going the same as it always has.

we live in the same kind of country our parents grew up in. it's still just as beautiful on this side as it is on any other side, right?

we can all still go out into the sunshine, we can all go on hikes and return to nature...the distractions are what keep most people going, though.

know anyone who can't be anywhere without a tv, a radio, a cell phone, something...anything to distract them from what is really going on? i think people are trying to wake up and they hate what they see, so they're going back to sleep with their comforters (cells, tv's, etc).

i dunno, i say that there are problems, but there always have been, and we have to stop looking for problems before we can start to observe the truths of life.

what do you think?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

It was always trendy to hate the world just like the world was always more or less the same.

I believe that the only periods where people werent doing it so much where after big wars...people felt gratitude and desire for life.

The line is always drawn on motivation though, if you get bothered about shit and that pushes you to try and find a better way to live and do things its totally cool in my book. If you just like to bitch you're worthless and so is the world to you.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

All in the eye of the beholder.

is it? don't you notice a trend on channel zero? alot of govt. hate threads.

alot fo world hate threads. haven't seen any threads proclaiming "it's a beautiful day and i just went hiking in the forest!"

Originally posted by Tesseract

It was always trendy to hate the world just like the world was always more or less the same.

I believe that the only periods where people werent doing it so much where after big wars...people felt gratitude and desire for life.

The line is always drawn on motivation though, if you get bothered about shit and that pushes you to try and find a better way to live and do things its totally cool in my book. If you just like to bitch you're worthless and so is the world to you.

agreed. useless scrubb is what you become. self serving. etc.

alot of my point had to do with people using distractions instead of trying to see the real beauty in the world.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i think being a disgruntled self-destructive mess has always been kind of trendy, it's just that people are taking it too far into adulthood now. whatever, 98% of people are idiots, so who cares.

yeah, people are taking it too far. teen angst has turned into 20-somethign angst. i often wonder why more people can't be less serious about things. i had a bad habit of wanting to be serious about everything, but i wasn't living...not really. i complained alot, and it really gets you nowhere. doing something, taking action, making yourself smile...that's a good part, and a good change.

good thoughts ... i would like to think even as difficult as it would be people would like to see the human world evolve past these problems.

the longer i think that ... the more it becomes a dream lost in a world of apathy.

and nothing new there ... its just sad that the leaders of the world are so confused by worldly items and conquest of trivial things.

The worst part to me is when you talk to a person who was an active idealist in their youth, and with the 9-5 and kids has lost sight of anything beyond their roof and their family. the world will not stop being what it is ... anything we do to ignore the problem only makes it worse.

i was late to come to view the world in this way and i hope with that i will continue to hold this view till i die. However i told my girl if in my age i ever become republican you can kill me at once.

can i get off this sinking ship ????

didn't say that cells and laptops are bad. i just named them as distractions...i could have mentioned the car radio, dvd players in cars, video games, malls, clothing, etc, etc. i could go on and on.

they are all useful, but they are all distractions people fool themselves into believing they have to have on, or they have to use all of the time. how many people do you know who can get into their car and leave their radio off, turn their cell off, and go for a nice country drive or a walk in the park?

how many people do you see shopping at the grocery store and talking busily on their cell phones as if they are talking about smething important, you catch a little of what they're saying and it sounds like gossip? wtf?

Originally posted by seeking

i dont no whut your sais but if that my cel phone and m laptop re bad then i sais you can suck my dick.

seeks/virs

:lol: :lol:

I agree with just about everything Casek said. They are all distractions, and too many people think they need to have them.

its the sleeping masses .... we are all trained to be distracted ... school, tv, movies, radio ... its all the tools of the trade to those who are in control. we grow up and learn to be consumers to keep this economy going. if we grow up thinking there is more out there the group in control isnt doing their job. some of us wake up and quest life off the beaten path ... others dont know what they are missing.

when you associate with many like minded folk you will sometimes forget that reality that we are in fact the minority in this world. we come to places like this to be with like minded peeps. so in here i can see how it could be seen as a constant nagging to be dragging these issues out over and over. none the less they are often important world issues most dont adress so we like to talk about them here.

if that made any sense.

WHY DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF SOMETHING IS TRENDY OR NOT?? YOU GUYS THROW AROUND THE TERM TRENDY LIKES ITS A HOOKA>> I DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT BEHIND WORRYING ABOUT WHATS COOL AND IF ITS NOT THAT, YOU SEEM TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING.. THERE IS NO WINNING WITH YOU PEOPLE>>

Originally posted by E MARTYR

fuck yea its trendy. i hate the world, i hate people, i hate most of you fuckers on this fucking board, i hate everything.

:(

Why don't you pack your bags and leave? Real life AND 12oz.?

Why so sour tease? Maybe you DO need a walk in the park after being immersed in all these modern distractions.

I took a nice jog through the park the other day and saw lots of geese and duck.... coming back for spring i guess. I've seen lots of v formations now that I think about it. I guess the cherry blossoms for the DC cherry blossom festival this year are going to be late....

No need to read responses.

Everyone loves critiquing the world. Everyone

has some profound revelation. I used to really

love that shit... when I was 17 and on acid. As

I'm getting older; maybe I'm growing ignorant

but I have less and less patience to hear it. I'd

rather laugh than hear people analyzing and

splitting idiosyncrasies all day long. A good dick

and balls joke goes a long way. Blowing yourself

with vocabulary all day gives you salty breath

and in the end it's a lot of negativity wasted on

bland foods and things you can't change.

Life still needs to be examined, looked at, watched

and disected... but in your own head, before you

go to sleep or with a group of close friends with

their heads on straight. College is way too full

of people ready to tell you how 'outside the

box' and 'in the know' they are... I'd rather

know my way out of the corney philosophy

and into some axewound.

I'm too passive for nihilism.

Originally posted by villain

Why so sour tease? Maybe you DO need a walk in the park after being immersed in all these modern distractions.

modern distractions? the fuck you talking about?

im not sour, im just having a really bad fucking day today thats all.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

No need to read responses.

Everyone loves critiquing the world. Everyone

has some profound revelation. I used to really

love that shit... when I was 17 and on acid. As

I'm getting older; maybe I'm growing ignorant

but I have less and less patience to hear it. I'd

rather laugh than hear people analyzing and

splitting idiosyncrasies all day long. A good dick

and balls joke goes a long way. Blowing yourself

with vocabulary all day gives you salty breath

and in the end it's a lot of negativity wasted on

bland foods and things you can't change.

Life still needs to be examined, looked at, watched

and disected... but in your own head, before you

go to sleep or with a group of close friends with

their heads on straight. College is way too full

of people ready to tell you how 'outside the

box' and 'in the know' they are... I'd rather

know my way out of the corney philosophy

and into some axewound.

I'm too passive for nihilism.

well put.

Archived