1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

is it trendy?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by casekonly, Mar 22, 2004.

1. casekonly

casekonly 12oz Veteran Member

is it trendy?

Discussion started by casekonly - Mar 22, 2004

a friend mentioned this a few days ago and i keep thinking about it:

is it trendy to hate the world and worldly ways now? alot of people do seem to down it and the way it's going right now, but historically, it's going the same as it always has.

we live in the same kind of country our parents grew up in. it's still just as beautiful on this side as it is on any other side, right?

we can all still go out into the sunshine, we can all go on hikes and return to nature...the distractions are what keep most people going, though.

know anyone who can't be anywhere without a tv, a radio, a cell phone, something...anything to distract them from what is really going on? i think people are trying to wake up and they hate what they see, so they're going back to sleep with their comforters (cells, tv's, etc).

i dunno, i say that there are problems, but there always have been, and we have to stop looking for problems before we can start to observe the truths of life.

what do you think?

casekonly - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. Rimshot

Rimshot 12oz Member

Rimshot - Replied Mar 22, 2004

asking questions is trendy, and to question trendyness is also trendy, trendy haters die. Shut up and try to act smart:lick:

Rimshot - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE 12oz Elite Member

EyeforAnEYE - Replied Mar 22, 2004

All in the eye of the beholder.

EyeforAnEYE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. casekonly

casekonly - Replied Mar 22, 2004

hmm.

5. imported_Tesseract - Replied Mar 22, 2004

It was always trendy to hate the world just like the world was always more or less the same.

I believe that the only periods where people werent doing it so much where after big wars...people felt gratitude and desire for life.

The line is always drawn on motivation though, if you get bothered about shit and that pushes you to try and find a better way to live and do things its totally cool in my book. If you just like to bitch you're worthless and so is the world to you.

6. gfreshsushi

gfreshsushi 12oz Senior Member

gfreshsushi - Replied Mar 22, 2004

i think being a disgruntled self-destructive mess has always been kind of trendy, it's just that people are taking it too far into adulthood now. whatever, 98% of people are idiots, so who cares.

gfreshsushi - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. casekonly

is it? don't you notice a trend on channel zero? alot of govt. hate threads.
    alot fo world hate threads. haven't seen any threads proclaiming "it's a beautiful day and i just went hiking in the forest!"

8. casekonly

agreed. useless scrubb is what you become. self serving. etc.

alot of my point had to do with people using distractions instead of trying to see the real beauty in the world.

9. casekonly

yeah, people are taking it too far. teen angst has turned into 20-somethign angst. i often wonder why more people can't be less serious about things. i had a bad habit of wanting to be serious about everything, but i wasn't living...not really. i complained alot, and it really gets you nowhere. doing something, taking action, making yourself smile...that's a good part, and a good change.

10. ERIZENO

ERIZENO 12oz Senior Member

ERIZENO - Replied Mar 22, 2004

good thoughts ... i would like to think even as difficult as it would be people would like to see the human world evolve past these problems.

the longer i think that ... the more it becomes a dream lost in a world of apathy.

and nothing new there ... its just sad that the leaders of the world are so confused by worldly items and conquest of trivial things.

The worst part to me is when you talk to a person who was an active idealist in their youth, and with the 9-5 and kids has lost sight of anything beyond their roof and their family. the world will not stop being what it is ... anything we do to ignore the problem only makes it worse.

i was late to come to view the world in this way and i hope with that i will continue to hold this view till i die. However i told my girl if in my age i ever become republican you can kill me at once.

can i get off this sinking ship ????

ERIZENO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Mar 22, 2004

i dont no whut your sais but if that my cel phone and m laptop re bad then i sais you can suck my dick.

seeks/virs

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  12. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 22, 2004

dude. trucker hats are trendy. chuh!

[​IMG]

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  13. imported_Tesseract - Replied Mar 22, 2004

:lol:

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Mar 22, 2004

Lately, a lot species are being trendy by becoming endangered. Fuck those trendy assholes.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. casekonly

didn't say that cells and laptops are bad. i just named them as distractions...i could have mentioned the car radio, dvd players in cars, video games, malls, clothing, etc, etc. i could go on and on.

they are all useful, but they are all distractions people fool themselves into believing they have to have on, or they have to use all of the time. how many people do you know who can get into their car and leave their radio off, turn their cell off, and go for a nice country drive or a walk in the park?

how many people do you see shopping at the grocery store and talking busily on their cell phones as if they are talking about smething important, you catch a little of what they're saying and it sounds like gossip? wtf?