Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Is it all politricks or do we/you stand for something?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by heavyLox, Jul 14, 2004.

1. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

to define 'it' can be restricting. to leave 'it' up in the air aint fair.
    "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything", really?

what is "it"?

I think...

hev/ unresolved in America, (also steeling seeks slash dealie)

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

3. Faithfull

Faithfull New Jack

4. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Atleast it's not piles of dead skin or horrid spider bites.

5. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

haha i have more dead skin.

but for real.

Money is a dumb answer thats some unthinking type response.

What i mean is what do you believe.
    I keep watching the news and im begining to think that people really do not think about and process, what they hear. The Moore 9/11 BS, reps cast it off as lies; final word. There is little in the way of facting out the lies or the truths.

Bush: "kerry voted for the war, but against funding the troops". really? Did he say i dont want the troops to be equipped? i mean really?

does the truth even matter?

6. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

"it" is being logical and thinking rationally when it comes to the people who run your country.

the funny thing is, a majority of people in america don't seem to have "it," common sense or any independent thinking skills whatsoever.

freight "mad at stupidity" lover

7. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

for me and me alone

8. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

and no, the truth doesnt matter. the more pundits and loudmouths on your side the more juice you have in america.

9. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

it

1. Used to refer to that one previously mentioned. Used of a nonhuman entity; an animate being whose sex is unspecified, unknown, or irrelevant; a group of objects or individuals; an action; or an abstraction: polished the table until it shone; couldn't find out who it was; opened the meeting by calling it to order.
    2. Used as the subject of an impersonal verb: It is snowing.
    1. Used as an anticipatory subject or object: Is it certain that they will win?
    2. Used as an anticipatory subject to emphasize a term that is not itself a subject: It was on Friday that all the snow fell.
    4. Used to refer to a general condition or state of affairs: She couldn't stand it.
    5. Used to refer to a crucial situation or culmination: This is itthe rivals are finally face to face. That's it! I won't tolerate any more foolishness.
    6. Informal. Used to refer to something that is the best, the most desirable, or without equal: He thinks he's it. That steak was really it!

n.

1. Games. A player, as in tag, who attempts to find or catch the other players.
    2. An animal that has been neutered: The cat is an it.

Idiom:
    with it Slang

1. Aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments.
    2. Mentally responsive and perceptive: I'm just not with it today.

[Middle English, from Old English hit. See ko- in Indo-European Roots.]

Our Living Language “I told Anse it likely won't be no need.” This quotation from William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying demonstrates a use of it that occurs in some vernacular varieties of American speech. It is used instead of Standard English there when there functions as a so-called existentialthat is, when there indicates the mere existence of something rather than a physical location, as in It was nothing I could do. Existential it is hardly a recent innovationit appears in Middle English; in Elizabethan English, as in Marlowe's Edward II: “Cousin, it is no dealing with him now” and in modern American literature as well. Although most British and American varieties no longer have this historical feature, it still occurs in some Southern-based dialects and in African American Vernacular English. Use of existential it may actually be increasing in some places, such as Smith Island, Maryland, a historically isolated community. While older Smith Islanders sometimes use existential it rather than there, younger islanders almost always do. ·In some American vernacular dialects, particularly in the South (including the Appalachian and Ozark mountains), speakers may pronounce it as hit in stressed positions, especially at the beginning of a sentence, as in Hit's cold out here! This pronunciation is called a relic dialect feature because it represents the retention of an older English form. In fact, hit is the original form of the third person singular neuter pronoun and thus can be traced to the beginnings of the Old English period (c. 449-1100). Early in the history of English, speakers began to drop the h from hit, particularly in unaccented positions, as in I saw it yesterday. Gradually, h also came to be lost in accented positions, although hit persisted in socially prestigious speech well into the Elizabethan period. Some relatively isolated dialects in Great Britain and the United States have retained h, since linguistic innovations such as the dropping of h are often slow to reach isolated areas. But even in such places, h tends to be retained only in accented words. Thus, we might hear Hit's the one I want side by side with I took it back to the store. Nowadays, hit is fading even in the most isolated dialect communities and occurs primarily among older speakers. ·This loss of h reflects a longstanding tendency among speakers of English to omit h's in unaccented words, particularly pronouns, such as 'er and 'im for her and him, as in I told 'er to meet me outside. This kind of h-loss is widespread in casual speech today, even though it is not reflected in spelling. See note at Smith Island.

10. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

america used to be about freedom and oppurtunity.
    now it's alll about the almighty dollar.
    the government we've got seems to stand for capitalism at any price.

fuck right v wrong; truth v lies
    it's all relative.
    i'll stand for wisdom and knowledge.

11. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

This is where I do stand and have stood for basically all of my life.

I'm not a political person by anymeans.

Terrorism is just something on the news.

It HAS personally effected my family having lost someone in the 9/11 "slip-up".

But even while 9/11 was going down and I was watching it on TV, I didn't feel this overwhelming fear or anger.

I didnt and dont care.

Me and seeks actually had a partial conversation similar to this one last night.

I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, and I liked it. Did I take it to heart and make it my new cinema bible for politics?

Nope.

This is all rambling and not really in any kind of organized fashion.

But where I stand is here, for myself.

I stand my ground and make my choices, and my choice is to not give a a fuck.

Am I voting?

Of course.

Am I voting for Bush?

Of course not.

Is it because he's a horrible leader? Which he really is.

Nope.

Is it because Michael Moore's great masterpiece opened my eyes to the real swing of things?

Nope, It's pretty easy to understand that the human mind is driven by money.

I will be voting for John Kerry. Do I care about his past or who and what he didn't fund?

Nope.

Will I vote for Hillary Clinton when/if she runs?

You better believe it.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

'it' is turf.

Everything all comes down to turf.
    If you have the turf, you can grow
    the crops and provide for your family.
    But one day we looked around and saw
    that our turf could produce gold and shinny
    things, so the turf made us money. That money
    can be swapped for things to provide for our family.
    Then we forgot why we needed the turf.
    Now we just battle for it because we are
    totally obsessed with those pretty things.
    We forgot that having turf was support.
    Having turf was a means to protect and
    provide for those we hold dear to us.
    Now turf is where you can sell drugs or
    where you can stick up kids without fear.
    'it' is always changing faces,
    but 'it' will always be turf.

13. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

14. heavyLox

heavyLox Veteran Member

more fodder

Lets change "it", to life in america.

there is still a large portion of the world that sees america as the place to go to make shit happen. Which is proven by the vast numbers of new comers who risk life and limb to get here.

chris rock: "shaq is rich, but the Ni**a[and by Ni**a, he meant white dude] that pays his sallary is wealthy".

can we define success in terms of its own accomplishments or must we use their failure to elivate the satus of our Not failure?

15. random

random New Jack

-lewis lapham