Is it all politricks or do we/you stand for something?

heavyLox

to define 'it' can be restricting. to leave 'it' up in the air aint fair.

"If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything", really?

what is "it"?

I think...

hev/ unresolved in America, (also steeling seeks slash dealie)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha i have more dead skin.

but for real.

Money is a dumb answer thats some unthinking type response.

What i mean is what do you believe.

I keep watching the news and im begining to think that people really do not think about and process, what they hear. The Moore 9/11 BS, reps cast it off as lies; final word. There is little in the way of facting out the lies or the truths.

Bush: "kerry voted for the war, but against funding the troops". really? Did he say i dont want the troops to be equipped? i mean really?

does the truth even matter?

"it" is being logical and thinking rationally when it comes to the people who run your country.

the funny thing is, a majority of people in america don't seem to have "it," common sense or any independent thinking skills whatsoever.

freight "mad at stupidity" lover

it

1. Used to refer to that one previously mentioned. Used of a nonhuman entity; an animate being whose sex is unspecified, unknown, or irrelevant; a group of objects or individuals; an action; or an abstraction: polished the table until it shone; couldn't find out who it was; opened the meeting by calling it to order.

2. Used as the subject of an impersonal verb: It is snowing.

1. Used as an anticipatory subject or object: Is it certain that they will win?

2. Used as an anticipatory subject to emphasize a term that is not itself a subject: It was on Friday that all the snow fell.

4. Used to refer to a general condition or state of affairs: She couldn't stand it.

5. Used to refer to a crucial situation or culmination: This is itthe rivals are finally face to face. That's it! I won't tolerate any more foolishness.

6. Informal. Used to refer to something that is the best, the most desirable, or without equal: He thinks he's it. That steak was really it!

n.

1. Games. A player, as in tag, who attempts to find or catch the other players.

2. An animal that has been neutered: The cat is an it.

Idiom:

with it Slang

1. Aware of or knowledgeable about the latest trends or developments.

2. Mentally responsive and perceptive: I'm just not with it today.

[Middle English, from Old English hit. See ko- in Indo-European Roots.]

Our Living Language “I told Anse it likely won't be no need.” This quotation from William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying demonstrates a use of it that occurs in some vernacular varieties of American speech. It is used instead of Standard English there when there functions as a so-called existentialthat is, when there indicates the mere existence of something rather than a physical location, as in It was nothing I could do. Existential it is hardly a recent innovationit appears in Middle English; in Elizabethan English, as in Marlowe's Edward II: “Cousin, it is no dealing with him now” and in modern American literature as well. Although most British and American varieties no longer have this historical feature, it still occurs in some Southern-based dialects and in African American Vernacular English. Use of existential it may actually be increasing in some places, such as Smith Island, Maryland, a historically isolated community. While older Smith Islanders sometimes use existential it rather than there, younger islanders almost always do. ·In some American vernacular dialects, particularly in the South (including the Appalachian and Ozark mountains), speakers may pronounce it as hit in stressed positions, especially at the beginning of a sentence, as in Hit's cold out here! This pronunciation is called a relic dialect feature because it represents the retention of an older English form. In fact, hit is the original form of the third person singular neuter pronoun and thus can be traced to the beginnings of the Old English period (c. 449-1100). Early in the history of English, speakers began to drop the h from hit, particularly in unaccented positions, as in I saw it yesterday. Gradually, h also came to be lost in accented positions, although hit persisted in socially prestigious speech well into the Elizabethan period. Some relatively isolated dialects in Great Britain and the United States have retained h, since linguistic innovations such as the dropping of h are often slow to reach isolated areas. But even in such places, h tends to be retained only in accented words. Thus, we might hear Hit's the one I want side by side with I took it back to the store. Nowadays, hit is fading even in the most isolated dialect communities and occurs primarily among older speakers. ·This loss of h reflects a longstanding tendency among speakers of English to omit h's in unaccented words, particularly pronouns, such as 'er and 'im for her and him, as in I told 'er to meet me outside. This kind of h-loss is widespread in casual speech today, even though it is not reflected in spelling. See note at Smith Island.

america used to be about freedom and oppurtunity.

now it's alll about the almighty dollar.

the government we've got seems to stand for capitalism at any price.

fuck right v wrong; truth v lies

it's all relative.

i'll stand for wisdom and knowledge.

This is where I do stand and have stood for basically all of my life.

I'm not a political person by anymeans.

Terrorism is just something on the news.

It HAS personally effected my family having lost someone in the 9/11 "slip-up".

But even while 9/11 was going down and I was watching it on TV, I didn't feel this overwhelming fear or anger.

I didnt and dont care.

Me and seeks actually had a partial conversation similar to this one last night.

I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, and I liked it. Did I take it to heart and make it my new cinema bible for politics?

Nope.

This is all rambling and not really in any kind of organized fashion.

But where I stand is here, for myself.

I stand my ground and make my choices, and my choice is to not give a a fuck.

Am I voting?

Of course.

Am I voting for Bush?

Of course not.

Is it because he's a horrible leader? Which he really is.

Nope.

Is it because Michael Moore's great masterpiece opened my eyes to the real swing of things?

Nope, It's pretty easy to understand that the human mind is driven by money.

I will be voting for John Kerry. Do I care about his past or who and what he didn't fund?

Nope.

Will I vote for Hillary Clinton when/if she runs?

You better believe it.

'it' is turf.

Everything all comes down to turf.

If you have the turf, you can grow

the crops and provide for your family.

But one day we looked around and saw

that our turf could produce gold and shinny

things, so the turf made us money. That money

can be swapped for things to provide for our family.

Then we forgot why we needed the turf.

Now we just battle for it because we are

totally obsessed with those pretty things.

We forgot that having turf was support.

Having turf was a means to protect and

provide for those we hold dear to us.

Now turf is where you can sell drugs or

where you can stick up kids without fear.

'it' is always changing faces,

but 'it' will always be turf.

more fodder

Lets change "it", to life in america.

there is still a large portion of the world that sees america as the place to go to make shit happen. Which is proven by the vast numbers of new comers who risk life and limb to get here.

chris rock: "shaq is rich, but the Ni**a[and by Ni**a, he meant white dude] that pays his sallary is wealthy".

can we define success in terms of its own accomplishments or must we use their failure to elivate the satus of our Not failure?

When writing the Declaration of Independence Thomas Jefferson also had in mind a "just and solid republican government" held together by citizens who recognized their obligation to the common good and so agreed--in the interest of their own safety as well as that of the republic--to leave some of the wishes at the bottom of the well. The assumption doesn't make much sense to a society composed of citizens in name only, "ostensible citizens" united by little else except the possession of a credit card and a password to the internet.

...No commonwealth or decent form of democratic government (no matter how heavily armed with cruise missiles and well equipped with tax exemptions) can defend itself against the raids of freebooting moral entrepreneurs and self-proclaimed kings. [Edmund] Burke put the proposition as follows: "Society cannot exist unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere, and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without." The statement speaks to the success of the American markets in cosmetics and prescription drugs as well as to the population of the nation's prisons.

-lewis lapham

Re: more fodder

Originally posted by heavyLox

Lets change "it", to life in america.

can we define success in terms of its own accomplishments or must we use their failure to elivate the satus of our Not failure?

everything is relative.

in literature, 'foils' are commonly used.

with a good guy, you get a bad guy

why? to make the good guy look better, the bad guy look worse.

without the other, we'd have neither.

that's a problem in the u.s., don't you think?

the definition of success as thew comparison between you and your neighbor's accomplishments.. aka keeping up with the jones'

that's why i stress that i define success on my own terms. no house, no car, no business, not rich, not married, not living that cookie cutter definition of success

but happy, and very accomplished in my own write.

america often looks so good to the rest of the world because we are so wealthy comparatively, and the creation of such wealth is encouraged, and in fact, if you are not an earner in this country, you are useless.

that shit sucks.

when i went to indonesia, seeing people who fished for their dinner, rather than working for it, and seeing people who were happy to live in a shack on the beach, redefined my own perception of success and happiness.

yeah... the rest of the world has some good lessons.

Imagine having some kind of crop, maybe rice,

and you grow enough to feed your family and a little

extra so that you can sell/trade it for other essentials.

Seems so simple right?

Re: Re: more fodder

Originally posted by !@#$%

everything is relative.

in literature, 'foils' are commonly used.

with a good guy, you get a bad guy

why? to make the good guy look better, the bad guy look worse.

without the other, we'd have neither.

that's a problem in the u.s., don't you think?

the definition of success as thew comparison between you and your neighbor's accomplishments.. aka keeping up with the jones'

that's why i stress that i define success on my own terms. no house, no car, no business, not rich, not married, not living that cookie cutter definition of success

but happy, and very accomplished in my own write.

america often looks so good to the rest of the world because we are so wealthy comparatively, and the creation of such wealth is encouraged, and in fact, if you are not an earner in this country, you are useless.

that shit sucks.

when i went to indonesia, seeing people who fished for their dinner, rather than working for it, and seeing people who were happy to live in a shack on the beach, redefined my own perception of success and happiness.

Word to all of this.

(Although the expression is "in my own right"...unless you were making a play on words referring to a graff career.)

P.S. I got those flicks, thanks a bunch.

I think that the 2 political parties represent opposing ideas of community. The democrats stand for something to the effect of "we're all in this together" while the republicans believe that it's "every man for himself." Thats what it boils down to.

Are we going to tax the rich to pay for services for the poor or are we going to cut taxes for rich people and cancel all those welfare programs? Are we going to try to eliminate racial discrimination or are we going to let minorities fend for themselves? Are we going to strictly oversee businesses so they don't harm the public or is it buyer beware?

All the world's major religions are founded on the same principals: be good to other people, love your enemies, help the poor and those who cannot help themselves, love your neighbor and respect your parents. There's a reason why these particular religions have lasted thousands of years: societies that have these values are successful societies.

I think that if you consider politics through the lens of all the worlds religions you are led to a progressive/"left wing" position. That's why I'm going to vote for Kerry this fall.