Is chilvalry dead?

SukiSukiNow

Is chivalry dead?

Do you hold the door open for strangers? Do you offer your seat in a public place to women? If you are going out the door and some girl is walking in, do you hold the door open and let her come in first? Do you only do that if it's a girl and only if she's good looking? I'm just curious.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lol...actually i open doors for everyone..and hold them..

car doors...everything...i help people carrying things when it looks like to much for them...

chilvary's not dead...well i also thought i grew up in the wrong era >.<

or if she's old. jk.

I do this all the time.

I guess that's what happens when you're taught manners

by the Mother, but I'm glad it sticks. If I'm walking down

the street with a girl I know to take the outside. Doors should

be held and opened for them even if you aren't interested in them.

It's only nice. On an aside, once I held a door for a young woman who said

"Look pig, I can hold my own door." I said "Look, I'm holding the door for a person,

not because your a woman.... bitch".

anyways.... guys.... here's a tip.

If you're sitting down somewhere with a girl,

hold her chair. Even if you just put your hand on the back of it,

it DOES make a difference. It says that you care about her safety

and you are willing to go out of your way to do the right thing.

No need to overdo it, just send out the message that you know how

to meet parents, attend formal functions and can be trusted not to

tag up her place of business. Dont shoot yourself in the foot.

rant rant rant.

Guest sneak

i always hold doors open for women, always. i see it as...they see that you can be a nice guy and lets face it...being seen as a nice guy helps get you pussy.

sometimes i open doors on accident for people. Like i do it mechanically.

mostly i only do it when its girl. yea. sometimes for friends

other times i open the door for myself but people just slip by and go ahead of me and behind them like 50 people follow so i have to hold the door for them also.

the only doors id hold for old people are the ones that move fast. and my grandma's ....................

............ ......... ................ ........... ..

........ ........... .......... ...... ...............

im pissed my aunt offered to let me visit her in hawaii for 2 weeks

but i got school. ;lawehiloafhsgmvbn

most peeps' world revolves around them and only them. selfish bastards. so, in general? yeah. chivalry has long since been dead. but then we have our exceptions, eh?

[rant]

compared to other issues in life, i guess you can call it petty. but i'm of the mind that quality in life lies in the details. the little things. in essence: chivalry. petty shit off the top of my head that annoys the fuck out of me (mostly cause i do the exact opp):

- men who don't open doors for women, and anyone that doesn't open doors for children and old people (me? i open all doors...for old, for kids, not so much for women, though. unless they are...old. just too weird. and when a guy opens the car door for me? i'll lean over and unlock his. just simple courtesy.)

- people who don't push in their chairs

- even worse, following someone out a door, and they let it slam back on you

- smacking. yuck. close your fucking mouth

- pda. not like holding hands or a sweet kiss, but ...dayum!-he-got-stuck-in-her-throat... get-a-fucking-room kinda pda.

- public display of hygiene care. like clipping toe nails, putting make-up on, plucking eyebrows, picking your teeth with your fingers... even toothpicks kinda gross me out. atleast have the courtesy to cover it with your other hand, right?

- people who talk loudly. like i give a fuck your baby's daddy has a black tooth and five kids, bitch!

- boycott the fanny pack!

- hair extensions

- people entering room (even cyber) and not saying some sort of greeting. hello. good day. fuck you.

- rolling eyes (even cyber---> :rolleyes: )

- littering. how hard is it to walk two feet and dispose of your trash the proper way?

- flicking cigs out the car window.

- fake nails

- fast food that isn't fast

- white socks with black shoes

- socks with sandals

- really strong perfume (there's a lady here at work, you can tell where she's been in the building. i gag and have to hold my breath till i pass. its awful)

- cell phones ringing at inappropriate times (movie theatres, weddings, meetings...um, hello. profile>silent>vibrate.)

[/rant]

i could keep going....cause yes, i'm that fucking bored. and yeah. so what? alot annoys me. so does this make me petty? :shrug: who gives a fuck.

:n

I hear most of what loopsnew is saying.

here's a few I'd like to add....

-Eating on public transit. There's not enough space to have stinky burritos.

-Cell phones in small spaces.

-People who dont wipe their feet.

-People who handle lots of food and leave it on the tray.

-Little thugs who swear in front of old ladies and babies.

-Girls who talk about sex in public. nasty!

- Personal CD players where the headphones can be heard 20 feet away.

-Litterbugs!:heated:

yeah... there's more but It's only making me mad.

Originally posted by loopsnew

- boycott the fanny pack!

- hair extensions

- littering. how hard is it to walk two feet and dispose of your trash the proper way?

- flicking cigs out the car window.

- fake nails

- white socks with black shoes

- really strong perfume (there's a lady here at work, you can tell where she's been in the building. i gag and have to hold my breath till i pass. its awful)

Hell fucking yeah. I'm alergic to perfumes and when I was taking the bus to work I would have to get off the to get fresh air otherswise I would get nautious and have a bad headache.

Fake nails.. how do they wipe their ass clean? That's all I wanna know.

Fanny packs... what the hell?

Hair extensions, that one I would have to disagree.

FLicking cigs out the window. I would love for it to fly back inside their car and start a fire.

White socks with black shoes, black socks with white shoes... which is worse?

chivalry (spell check girl!!) is not dead, but surly dying with most people. i think i am **chivalrous** on a daily basis without too much thought about it, holding the doors open, holding our evil elevators doors at work(they're ruthless), helping others carry things or at least offering. it doesn't matter what someone looks like or how old they are. the only time that may matter is if i am sitting on a crowded bus, i may not offer my seat to a younger lady or girl. i even offered my elderly neighbor a ride today when i saw her walking down the street. probably best she refused because my car stalled shortly afterwards....

do you notice this more now in socal? people seem much more disconnected with personal interaction out here, even things that seem to be just common courtesy.

well i guess this is one thing that gives good meaning to the phrase, "i'ma get midieval on that ass!!"

it's not hard to have simple courtesy. Just last night an old couple called me a gentleman and a half because I opened a couple of doors for them. They shouldn't even have to say that.

It's good to have some manners. I've actually lost interest in girls I really liked because they turned out to be a lot less classy then I thought they were. Sure, they looked classy, but there were certain things they needed to learn over time.

The other day at the Jays game, my buddy was cursing up a storm. That's all well and good in the upper deck if there's no children, but it was Father's Day, and we had some of the best seats, along with many children with their parents. I yelled at him for a good while. (i've been known to slip up on the bus, though).

And yes, Kilo - litterbugs! :hatred: