Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

is an ipod worth my $300 bucks?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ShitFuck, Mar 14, 2004.

1. ShitFuck

ShitFuck Junior Member

sorry for the second ipod thread... i should have a nice paycheck on the way in a week or two, and i've been thinking about buying an ipod for a while.. so any stories of them, good or bad? does yours fuck up all the time? is the sound good? is there any real difference between the 300 dollar one and the 500 dollar one besides the amount of music it can hold? graci

2. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

i want a ipod too...they are raffling one off...wish me luck

3. anonymity1

anonymity1 Senior Member

I think everyone on this board that has one has said nothing but good about it.

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

except for the whole battery debacle

5. sickwig

sickwig New Jack

ipods suck, don't buy'em. a friend of mine has went through two since december. they just malfunction a lot so you gotta send them away to stupid apple for new ones.

6. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

Mine's been working solid for a few months now. I got the 10g one. Its fairly convenient..really good for long car rides, just pop it into the cigg adapter thing. but I honestly would have rather used the $ for something else, and just used my tape player. Having to charge it gets annoying..but its not a huge deal. and apparently its battery dies after like a year.

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

Most of the magazines I've read with the professional opinions recommend the nomad. Besides it holds 40gigs easy plus more and has a built in microphone. I think it even costs less. But if you want to be trendy get an ipod.

8. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

i like my ipod. The only drawback is that you have to charge it up about every 3 days so if your going on a long trip you have to get a car charger or take the charger with you. Other than that I have no major beef with it. Get one used off of ebay if you don't want to drop $300 on one, that way you can feel like a winner.

<3,
    Zack Morris

9. worka

worka New Jack

ipods kick ass! get one!

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

No its not. Buy a plane ticket. Or somthing. But a 20 dollar tape or cd player will bring you only like 10% less satisfaction.

11. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

something's been wrong with mine since the beginning. when it works it's amazing, when it craps up, it makes me feel like a retard for buying it. i need to get them to send me a new one somehow

12. villain

villain Veteran Member

oh another thing that reminds me...
    nomad has far superior battery life as well.

I'm def gettin one some day.

13. me IS cool

me IS cool Guest

...hehe what does your friend sit on em and throw them around or something? I've had mine for close to a year and a half WITHOUT a single replacement part, well except for the earphones.

In response to your inquiry about you getting an iPod, ShitFuck, if your gonna use it for just music then yeah. (You can get 15GB, close to 3700 songs for $299). But it's real value comes when you use it as a portable storage. I can't tell you how useful it is to have a hard drive that can play music. Believe me. it beats the hell out of backing shit up on cd-r's.

:king:

14. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

Fuck new technology and compact electronics. It's all about the original Sony Walkman's.

http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/graphics/walkman-girl2-small.jpg'>

[img]http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/graphics/sony-couple.jpg'>

15. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

Consider ZVUE MP4 Player.
    http://www.zvue.com

I read about it on slashdot.org a while back. It's a portable image/video(DiVX/MPEG etc)/mp3 player. $149. Runs off AA batteries and digital smart cards like those used in digital cameras. Data can be downloaded from your PC using a USB cable.

This thing seems to be golden but I don't know anyone who owns one so I havn't bought one.

Reviews can be found on google for the older $99 model. The MP4 player is brand new and I wouldn't suggest going with the $99 dollar one from what I've read (No USB/Mpeg/Divx).