Is a chiropractor a doctor ??

avils

Can someone help me settle an ongoing debate with my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure that a Chiropractor is not a recognised medical profession, kind of like Naturopathy and shit. Can any give me any proof that you cannot be a doctor of chiropractology or whatever.

Am I making sense ??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Is a Chiropractor a "Real" Doctor?

Yes, to receive the Doctor of Chiropractic degree, candidates must complete extensive undergraduate prerequisites and four years of graduate-level instruction and internship at an accredited chiropractic institution. A doctor of chiropractic receives education on par with medical doctors or dentists.

Before they can practice doctors of chiropractic must pass the National Boards, as well as the licensing exam for the state in which they wish to practice. Most states require the doctors to attend continuing eduactional programs for annual relicensure.

Taken from the FAQ at http://www.drsully.com/chiropractic/faq.html#2

i work at an independant li company----we work with L&I-----chiropractors are a joke

they knoiw allot about the body and muscle problems----including how to give them problems----pu it this way----you wont be seeing him/ her JUST ONCE,,,,,beware buddeh

a chiropractor is labeled D.O not MD but he can have a phd in his feild wich makes him a doctor.....of chiropraction-or whtever

[This message has been edited by neahs_number (edited 08-14-2001).]

Archived