is 12oz unhealthy for the graffiti community?

Guest Agt. Adopus

Guest Agt. Adopus

Well, I am leaving the forum, and I'd like to point out why

1. the whole concept of having a forum were people can talk about graffiti as apposed to doing it is absurd. Then the concept of taking it seriously and thinking it is profitable to the graffiti culture it even more assinine. Most everyone on the forum are trite idiots who cannot say something meaningfull and lose the common trendy vocals. 12oz sucks and commercializes graffiti so I have no reason to be serious here.

2. graffiti is so easy these days. the internet is so accessible, you can get your fame, handle your beef and be a hero with minimal painting and an allegiance to your keyboard, i think its terrible. its really slowed down the urgency and passion to paint. these days you know what people are saying about your shit because there are entire threads about it, there is no more anonimity, everything is obscured. people like seeking made me so angry because he just talked, he sucks at graffiti, put people down, had no knowledge of history, yet everyone knew his name because of 12oz, this defies what graffiti is all about.

3. 12oz takes away the autonomy and individuality in graffiti. Creating a reality were you can make a post on 12ozprophet showing your work and instantly you've got a fan base, you now paint for these facless people and getting your name out as opposed to painting for personal and enjoyable reasons

4. graffiti is urban. this messageboard is 100% suburban kids. i see people getting hated on for being a normal & opinionated from nyc by a bunch of teenagers from the suburbs. People think you're supposed to be cool, be nice, whatever...it just taints graff man, it was so much more fun without this board

5. I have other personal reasons but those are the main ones i will disclose for now

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Agt. Adopus

1. the whole concept of having a forum were people can talk about graffiti as apposed to doing it is absurd. Then the concept of taking it seriously and thinking it is profitable to the graffiti culture it even more assinine. Most everyone on the forum are trite idiots who cannot say something meaningfull and lose the common trendy vocals. 12oz sucks and commercializes graffiti so I have no reason to be serious here.

2. graffiti is so easy these days. the internet is so accessible, you can get your fame, handle your beef and be a hero with minimal painting and an allegiance to your keyboard, i think its terrible. its really slowed down the urgency and passion to paint. these days you know what people are saying about your shit because there are entire threads about it, there is no more anonimity, everything is obscured. people like seeking made me so angry because he just talked, he sucks at graffiti, put people down, had no knowledge of history, yet everyone knew his name because of 12oz, this defies what graffiti is all about.

3. 12oz takes away the autonomy and individuality in graffiti. Creating a reality were you can make a post on 12ozprophet showing your work and instantly you've got a fan base, you now paint for these facless people and getting your name out as opposed to painting for personal and enjoyable reasons

4. graffiti is urban. this messageboard is 100% suburban kids. i see people getting hated on for being a normal & opinionated from nyc by a bunch of teenagers from the suburbs. People think you're supposed to be cool, be nice, whatever...it just taints graff man, it was so much more fun without this board

5. I have other personal reasons but those are the main ones i will disclose for now

WELL THEN SIMPLY LEAVE................. SO GOOD-BYE!

hahah..beardos funny

i see what your saying...

however...

this is a fairly interesting place to waste time...as opposed to some wack shit..

theres tons of real writers here and i have made some really cool connections with some really cool writers

i dont post my shit, jock what i write..sure ill throw my two cents in, and i mean come on, snapping on toys is fun....

and the flick sections are cool...

its pretty much a online magazine..and thats a first..plus qaulity discussions do happen, and besides that clowning shit is fun...

and on the seeking thing...hahahahhah...its his bad....i mean how you can feel good about 5000 posts a year is beyond me.....but..hes actually a nice guy when not on net..his styles leave some letter structure to be desired....

anyway..dont ask me why i even botherd responding.....

oh, i remember.....im a chronic time waster

Guest --zeSto--

4. graffiti is urban. this messageboard is 100% suburban kids.

I'm sorry to disagree... but I'm very urban!

I obviously cant tell you the details to prove it...

but There are many people who are not suburban thugs in Mom's MPV.

If people cant tell the difference between an online form and the real

world outside their door, then we've got much bigger problems than

your dissatisfaction with this fourm.

^^here here...

I spend every waking min downtown, urbanized and what not...i choose to spend time on here for the same reason you do, and for others...I like to talk and converse on a different level with people who share the same interests.....well anyway

toodel-ooo

Guest Wilt

i paint a lot...so what if i want to come to a place where other writers converse...i haven't gotten any fame from this fucking board...i probably never will get "fame" who gives a shit..take your whiney fucking ass somewhere's else....booooo to you...booooooo!

. people like seeking made me so angry because he just talked, he sucks at graffiti, put people down, had no knowledge of history, yet everyone knew his name because of 12oz, this defies what graffiti is all about.

everyone knew his name? your placing too much importance on the place you hate. The "real" writers who aren't on 12oz will only know him for what he paints. It seems like your the one who thinks graffiti is limitied to who and what is on here.

I understand a lot of what you're saying Agt. Adopus, but the number one rule of this board is to not take shit so seriously. Whoever posts flicks on this site for fame is corny. I don't really post in Channel Zero anymore because all the sex, pussy, depression, and more pussy talk just got old for me.

I mostly like this site for the flicks. I leave town about every 8 weeks. I see more pieces on this site than money for plane tickets could ever buy. Long as there's flicks for me to see, then you can guarantee I'll be around to take a peek whenever I have time.

:)

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Secret

I don't really post in Channel Zero anymore because all the sex, pussy, depression, and more pussy talk just got old for me.

Weird... those are pretty much the only reasons I stick around Ch. 0... Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived