IRON MAIDEN.

Guest blood as ink

Guest blood as ink

i'm listening to them right now(the number of the beast)...there's been other band threads so i figured they deserved there own.

how many of you actully like metal?...not just pretending for cool points(you knowkids who wear judas priest shirts or iron maiden shirts but have never actully heard them...fuckin' posers)

yay for metal.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my musical background is quite diverse, growing up late 70's to 80's and so on....first was my parents dope shit like WAR, CHICANO, SANTANA, JIMI HENDRIX, CAT STEVENS, CHICAGO, from my fathers side, then my mama was more into the disco/soul type thing SISTER SLEDGE, CHIC, PARLIAMENT, RICK JAMES

then 80's came and i broke off into my own thing definately MICHAEL JACKSON, PRINCE, most of the rnb that was around at those times

but later 80's started to get electro style beats I was exposed to this new sound mostly at the car shows where I also discovered a new style of dance that was on the come up POPPING, LOCKING, and very little breaking but it was not as popular as the other two, so I hear these beats an i'm feeling them this is when start dancing, Popping mostly at this time I am listening to MIDNIGHT STARR, NEWCLEUS, MALCOLM MACLAREN and such I am from cali but for the most part I lived in Albequerque, New Mexico when the the above mentioned was taking place

so I get back to cali and mostly on the HIPHOP feel of music but im also still new to it in the sense i have not heard much current music that they have in cali and baboom LL COOL J's first rec radio drops and this is when the radio station KDAY was up so all of the sudden real hihop drops off the radio and goes underground I could not find it anywhere at the time maybe it was my location (the valley) I got a bestfriend she's liking the metal mostly the glam bullshit but i start taking a liking to some of it and I discover the real ill shit like SLAYER, CELTIC FROST, MERCYFUL FATE, IRON MAIDEN, BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW, METALLICA damn this list can go on for real ........but that is my own personal relation to metal

yeh i think it's straight dope really I gotta say I just love it all so peace to all the musicians out ther that make the world go round and also to the endless talents that contribute their souls to making this life not so dull afterall

Guest professor poopatronic

metal was the first music i ever got into other than new kids on the block and michael jackson. it started out for me with bands like metallica, iron maiden and judas priest. now i'm mostly into death metal (as far as metal is concerned) but pretty often you can also catch me rocking out to manowar, maiden, etc.

I used to listen to them(Iron Maiden) and many other metal bands...I used to race BMX in the '80's when that music would get you soo amped..Have you ever heard of RigorMortis?....those dudes were nuts....make you want to "Run to the Hills"...

Guest blood as ink
Have you ever heard of RigorMortis

whoa weird...i use to know there original drummer..some old punker dude...he left the band and two weeks later they got a record deal.never heard them though.

Guest blood as ink

god i swear i'm stuck on them...i've been listening to them,wu tang and dark throne for the last 2 days.

maiden is so fuckin' awesome.

has anyone ever heard of blind guardian?...that's some funny ass metal...it has opera chorus's in the middle of there songs...it's all cheesy and 80's too.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by cleansheets

LED ZEPPELIN...

METAL LIVES..

i am quite sure that zeppelin is not metal.

yeah, maiden is pretty fucking rad as far as butt metal goes. if i want melodies like them though, i go for sonata arctica or hammerfall.

i prefer black metal over all. death and speed are good as well.

I have some where in time on vinyl in it's OG WRAPING!!!!!!!!!! got it for 7 fucking dollars!

I love metal

twisted sister is my thing right now...burn in hell,stay hungry,street justice,i want to rock.........ALL ON ONE FUCKING ALBUM..Stay hungry should be rereleased as their best of seriously!

bang your head up against the stage like you never did before...

shit, when i was a little hesher exodus was one of my favorites. bonded by blood and pleasures of the flesh were excellent albums. i even had this home video called the ultimate revenge with slayer exodus and venom. slayer and exodus were playing at studio 54 filled with tight ripped jeans and long hair. i was a big venom fan too. welcome to hell, at war with satan, mantou was an awesome song. testament, i liked the first three albums until practice what you preach, then either they sucked hard, or i just lost my taste for metal, i don't remember which came first. a friend of mine played new testament for me, and they're a straight grind/death metal band now. then prong...my friend tried to get me into that prove you wrong album but i was just not into metal at that time....

while everyones name dropping 80's metal bands

destruction

possessed

voi vod

king diamond/merciful fate

nuclear assault

tankard

vio-lence

celtic frost

helloween

sodom

death angel

dark angel

overkill

...there's way more i cant think of at the moment

and maiden, god, i could probobly cash in on all my picture discs, rare singles, the ten wasted years collection, original pressing vinyl.

yes, until around '91 i was a little metal head.

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by bug

No, the lyrics go "as the sun BREAKS above the ground, an old man stands on the hill..." Flight of Icarus :crazy:

haha! i saw the video for that about a month ago on vh1, it was fucking hilarious. dickinson had the greatest mullet i'd ever seen on video.

Re: bang your head up against the stage like you never did before...

Originally posted by bug

possessed

voi vod

king diamond/merciful fate

nuclear assault

celtic frost

helloween

death angel

dark angel

overkill

s.o.d

metallica

anthrax

for Venom, I used to BEG the band I was in to play 7 Gates of Hell or Countess Bathory... while I had albums, the European Assault and American Assault albums were my favorite... Exodus - Cajun Hell... Savatage...

also, with a little personal justification, I took and gave guitar lessons from/to James Murphy of Death (and Obituary) for a bit... I don't know if you guyus have heard but Chuck from Death, the founder, got sick a few years ago. I think he got brain cancer, or tumors or something. A while ago, I heard he got an operation and things were going good but, I guess not... the other day somebody told me that he died back in December.

R.I.Power

Chuck Shuldiner

yes, i just read about Chuck Shuldiner. RIP. I had Death's first album Scream Bloody Gore way back in the day.

oh yeah, james murphy, he played on cause of death and i thought that it was Obit's best album because of the melodic solos. i hung out with obituary in 92 but by that time allen west joined them again and they were all saying that they thought the band sounded better with allen on guitar. allen was a cool guy so i didn't say i liked their sound with james murphy better. my brother bought the Disincarnate album a little while later, and i never gave it much of a chance because i was totally sick of metal by then, although when carcass came out with heartwork around the same time, i honestly really liked it. go figure, today i would probably give it a sincere listen, because metal has found a soft spot in my heart.

Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by Smart

I never hear kids around here say Prong, Exodus or Testament

speaking of exodus...they're great.

but if no one's heard here's a clip from century media...

Paul Baloff, vocalist for the legendary thrash band Exodus, passed away shortly before noon on Saturday, February 2, 2002 at a hospital in Oakland, California. Baloff suffered a massive stroke on Thursday night that left him comatose with irreparable brain damage. He was 41.

awww, shit. Paul made exodus as for as i'm concerned. the band fell apart after the first album that he sang on.

my friend at work and i would talk about the all time greatest metal lyrics and i convinved him that the greatest line ever was

"bang your head until there's blood upon the stage and metal takes its place"

you can' fuck with lyrics like AND METAL TAKES ITS PLACE.

you just can't.

RIP Paul Baloff

I went and did some research... Chuck had a brain diease called potine giloma, abrain tumor thing, not sure if it was cancerous. Still, I was right, he never could get insurance so, not only was he fucked financially while he was alive, his family is still saddled with debts from his operation...

a nice memorial page has been set up here...god bles us, everyone

I think there is a fund set up, I'm not sure about a web addy but, if you've ever bought a Death album, I urge you to send $10 to the fund... I'll ask around and hopefully I can post another address where people can help...

Archived