Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

IRON MAIDEN.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by blood as ink, Feb 8, 2002.

1. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

i'm listening to them right now(the number of the beast)...there's been other band threads so i figured they deserved there own.

how many of you actully like metal?...not just pretending for cool points(you knowkids who wear judas priest shirts or iron maiden shirts but have never actully heard them...fuckin' posers)

yay for metal.

2. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

VENOM
    BATHORY
    MAIDEN
    PRIEST
    SLAYER

3. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

EUROPE
    DEF LEPPARD
    STYX
    ASIA

4. cee-lok

cee-lok New Jack

my musical background is quite diverse, growing up late 70's to 80's and so on....first was my parents dope shit like WAR, CHICANO, SANTANA, JIMI HENDRIX, CAT STEVENS, CHICAGO, from my fathers side, then my mama was more into the disco/soul type thing SISTER SLEDGE, CHIC, PARLIAMENT, RICK JAMES
    then 80's came and i broke off into my own thing definately MICHAEL JACKSON, PRINCE, most of the rnb that was around at those times
    but later 80's started to get electro style beats I was exposed to this new sound mostly at the car shows where I also discovered a new style of dance that was on the come up POPPING, LOCKING, and very little breaking but it was not as popular as the other two, so I hear these beats an i'm feeling them this is when start dancing, Popping mostly at this time I am listening to MIDNIGHT STARR, NEWCLEUS, MALCOLM MACLAREN and such I am from cali but for the most part I lived in Albequerque, New Mexico when the the above mentioned was taking place
    so I get back to cali and mostly on the HIPHOP feel of music but im also still new to it in the sense i have not heard much current music that they have in cali and baboom LL COOL J's first rec radio drops and this is when the radio station KDAY was up so all of the sudden real hihop drops off the radio and goes underground I could not find it anywhere at the time maybe it was my location (the valley) I got a bestfriend she's liking the metal mostly the glam bullshit but i start taking a liking to some of it and I discover the real ill shit like SLAYER, CELTIC FROST, MERCYFUL FATE, IRON MAIDEN, BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW, METALLICA damn this list can go on for real ........but that is my own personal relation to metal
    yeh i think it's straight dope really I gotta say I just love it all so peace to all the musicians out ther that make the world go round and also to the endless talents that contribute their souls to making this life not so dull afterall

5. metal was the first music i ever got into other than new kids on the block and michael jackson. it started out for me with bands like metallica, iron maiden and judas priest. now i'm mostly into death metal (as far as metal is concerned) but pretty often you can also catch me rocking out to manowar, maiden, etc.

6. 455

455 Guest

I used to listen to them(Iron Maiden) and many other metal bands...I used to race BMX in the '80's when that music would get you soo amped..Have you ever heard of RigorMortis?....those dudes were nuts....make you want to "Run to the Hills"...

7. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

whoa weird...i use to know there original drummer..some old punker dude...he left the band and two weeks later they got a record deal.never heard them though.

8. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

MAIDEN KILLS...I LOVE THEM...ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IN CONCERT EVER.,.GO SEE THEM IF YOU CAN.
    ACDC!!!!!......ANY TIME YOU NEED A GOOD BOOST...PUMP LIVEWIRE.
    BLACK SABBATH...
    LED ZEPPELIN...

METAL LIVES..

MAIDEN IS SO GOOD...POWERSLAVE..GOOD SHIT.

BUMP FOR THE HESH CREW..

9. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

god i swear i'm stuck on them...i've been listening to them,wu tang and dark throne for the last 2 days.

maiden is so fuckin' awesome.

has anyone ever heard of blind guardian?...that's some funny ass metal...it has opera chorus's in the middle of there songs...it's all cheesy and 80's too.

10. backcountrywriter

backcountrywriter Member

http://www.rhino.com/01/diltz/aug/8big_aug.jpg'>
    true metal...spinal tap

11. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

12. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

13. i am quite sure that zeppelin is not metal.

yeah, maiden is pretty fucking rad as far as butt metal goes. if i want melodies like them though, i go for sonata arctica or hammerfall.
    i prefer black metal over all. death and speed are good as well.

14. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

15. cese

cese Member

metal lacks something to me.