iris blue? discontinued???

Mr. Gerbik

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest professor poopatronic

who cares anyways it's a super generic color. i can think of at least five off the top of my head that look exactly like it.

The only discontinued American Accents color is Indian Spice. You may have to have your local store special order it for you, but Iris Blue is still in production.

Guest Graff Jesus

fuck the bullshit. it's all about leafy green. and iris blue isn't discontinued. i get that shit all the time. one of my favorite colors.

Guest Graff Jesus
Originally posted by C-O-K PBScru

beware of the 208 year old uncle of doctor octgon i myself mr.gerbik half shark half man skin like alligator carrying a dead wallurs aaaaawwwwrrrrrrrrrr

a MR. Gerbik didyou get your name from KOOL KEITH just wanted to know Peace

what kind of a stupid question is that. of course he did.

• 2 weeks later...

actually, there are currently 2 discontinued American Accents colors-

* the famed Indian Spice

* Java Brown

it appears that many rumors fly on what Painters Touch and American Accents colors are disconn'ed. whereas several colors seem to have faltered in quality, all PT colors are still in production. There ARE name changes, however....

Soft Peach is now Peach Delight

Denim is now Natural Denim

Orange is now Real Orange

Violet Mist is now Lilac

yeah... kinda... but...

it appears that many rumors fly on what Painters Touch and American Accents colors are disconn'ed. whereas several colors seem to have faltered in quality, all PT colors are still in production. There ARE name changes, however....

that's not entirely true... if you check... they are different colors... soft peach and peach delight are completely different... so are lilac and violet mist... and real orange sucks... PT orange was one of the true greats...

and I also think AA raspberry is discontinued...

Pop that Crys'... Pop that Mo'...

Slap that bitch... Punch that Hoe!

kane..

it looks like you skipped over the part where i said:

"whereas several colors seem to have faltered in quality.."

name changes are one thing but all of the original color numbers are still active. formula changes are a different matter; i'm speaking in terms of removed colors and cancelled numbers. discontinued in this case is not the same thing as updated. for example, i wouldn't say that Baby Blue was discontinued if the formula changed between 1991 and 1994. nor would i consider Beige to have been discontinued when it was merely renamed Khaki. y'know?

i knew i forgot one- originally it was Raspberry and it is now Raspberry Red. it is still made. i haven't used Raspberry Red and can't speak on a difference if any. i definitely liked Raspberry though.

i don't know, when i see a can of the 'new' design AA, it just looks weak. they had the perfect look, the 1991 cans. then again, any can without a protruding rim looks feeble from where i'm sitting.. ahhh, well.

I can agree with that

That seems like a pretty solid arguement.

In my opinion, if the name and the formula BOTH change, however, that color no longer is in production...

I realize that the production NUMBERS have remained active, but have been replaced with a similar color(or in real orange's case a shitty color), but that, to me, denotes a discontinuation.

This conversation would be much more interesting in person...

Finally someone who can support their opinions with facts...

I also agree that new cans look shitty...

I remember when I first started, I got a can of Festival Green that was in an older can...

I still have the can, because I though it was dope as hell...

my faves are the krylon cans with the borden logo on the back...

ahhh... memories:crazy:

• 1 month later...

Archived