Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

IRAQ IS A DISASTER

Discussion in 'News' started by TheoHuxtable, Apr 6, 2004.

1. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable Senior Member

Negative: When you have the Shiite Muslim majority of Iraq, the people who were supposed be on the U.S. side, rioting in cities all across the country and taking over various government buildings, then I think Iraq can be branded as an official disaster.

Positive: This disaster that was solely created by George W. Bush will reflect badly on his bid for re-election.

Vote John Kerry 2004!

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i like how the united states has infused iraq with democracy, by sending soldiers to search their homes

if this sounds stupid, it's because i'm intoxicated

3. se_FOUR

se_FOUR Senior Member

Wouldn`t actually say they were on the U.S side..Wanted Saddam out yes..

4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

the problem, is that people still think that the iraqi's are happy that we're there.
    somehow they manage to ignore the OVERWHELMING dissatisfaction with our occupation and the vast majority of them claiming they had a better standard of living and security when saddam was in office. apparently they should be happy with not having running water or electricity....or jobs....or medical assistance....or police....or basically any social services.... but saddam is gone, so that's good!

5. Get out of there already, its more than obvious that they dont want the US nor the US made everyday life better in a year.
    The iraq incident was the main reason for the terrorism big bang and now the whole world is in trouble.
    You know, its funny how all us western people are terrified in the possibility of a hit in our own town, against our own people but for so many years we were comfortably laid back on our couches watching all these other peoples houses getting blown to pieces...

Bush losing power is granted right now, but i;m still very curious on how Kerry (or any kerry) will handle it from now on.

6. TheoHuxtable

Yeah that's true, but re-establishing a new government and putting it working order takes time. Eventually it will pay off in the long run. This time around they'll be free of sanctions and embargos and will be open to trade from nations all over the world, which will probably give them an economy on par with Saudi Arabia.

I think the biggest fear would be to see the foreign terrorists and Iraqi Saddam loyalists take advantage of the departure of U.S. troops and just run amuck and topple the government. Like what happened in Vietnam. Soon as American troops left, the guerillas and NVA just took advantage of the situation and overran the South Vietnamese Army. Then again back then we were dealing with a well-established guerilla army as well as conventional NVA troops. Whereas in Iraq it's just small bands of foreign terrorists and Iraqi insurgents.

7. No, its not called a guerilla army when everyone is in favor of it..its called "the people of the country" The vietnamese kicked out the french and the US only because they didnt want them around and it was happening from day one...they didnt need to take advantage of anything.
    Its close to impossible to keep that shit under control cause in the end the residents of a territory always have their way.

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

they were faced with embargoes, because we put them in place, knowing they were doing nothing but hurting the people, not the government. iraq was still able to sell their oil to other countries, to companies that were subdisaries of american companies, so it was just funnelled right back to us anyway.
    it's a joke.
    and yes, i know it will take time to realize a new government, but it could have been handled a million times better.
    this whole operation was the military equivelant of smashing a glass jar of pickles on the sidewalk to take the top off and get one pickle out, then glueing the pieces back together so we can screw the top back on and shove the rest back in.

seeks/analogies for all day

9. dojafx

dojafx Member

beat me to it

10. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

my favorite part of all this is what the american people forgot or never knew:

America installed Iraq's old government too: Saddam Hussein

how did we get so fucking pompous??
    after what he did to that country.
    now it's time for round two.
    and i guess in 30 years, when we're dissatisfied with that government, we'll go in and destroy their infrastructure again, and pay billions to rebuild it..

AAARGGHH!!

Maybe we should also rename it: Itaq..
    their new flag can be bloodstained.

11. TheoHuxtable

Yeah, the hearts and minds of the people were clearly not won in South Vietnam. However there were still many that did not support Ho Chi Minh, and supported the U.S. and a seperate S. Vietnamese government. Maybe you've seen that video with the helicopters taking off from the U.S. embassy in Saigon filled with Vietnamese people seeking refuge to the U.S. since they knew the NVA and Viet Cong were closing in. About 4 years ago on the 25th anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War, in California thousands of those very same Vietnamese refugees held a protest waving U.S. and S. Vietnamese flags in protest of the present government in their homeland.

12. I know, there are always people like that. Some have ideological differences with the current state, some are just weak and ready to adopt everything that falls on the table...In any way, the biggest percentage was anti-us even if they werent pro ho chi minh...if you study just how the vietnamese defeated the french you clearly see that the military plan is totally based on the will of every single villager to help.

If you're interested on that tell me and i'll bump that thread for you.

13. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

"So now when people ask me about my opinion on the war I tell 'em 'War sucks donkey dick, what's the Nick's score?"

14. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

maybe they weren't all seeking refuge from the vc/nva
    but they knew there would be oppurtunities in america and wanted to immigrate.
    just a thought.

i've also seen the video of one of the refugee planes, you know the one..
    that crashed, killing nearly everyone [children] on board.

funny how life is sometimes.