ipon NANO

JUDONO?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by Entro123@Sep 11 2005, 10:29 PM

I might get one too...

accessorytop20050907.jpg

born to be worn and jacked right off your neck because you're stupid enough to wear 200 dollar electronics out in the open like that.

Originally posted by fr8lover+Sep 12 2005, 01:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fr8lover - Sep 12 2005, 01:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Entro123@Sep 11 2005, 10:29 PM

I might get one too...

accessorytop20050907.jpg

born to be worn and jacked right off your neck because you're stupid enough to wear 200 dollar electronics out in the open like that.

[/b]

It goes under your shirt. And if they want to jack it, they have to pay the price to try and jack it. I won't let it go cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some bad press...

ipodx_family_050907.jpg

iPod Nano is coppin' a bad rep already with it's users. Why? Well apparently your LCD is fucked if you even put it in your pocket. Now some of these breaking LCD screens make sense. For instance, you don't put an iPod Nano in your jeans pocket or whatever and sit down. We all know the thing is going to bend and snap a little. The screens are breaking so fast, supply cant keep up with demand and LCD price-gouging has occured (we won't name sites)! If you have a Nano, we highly suggest picking up a solid case to protect it....or a thong if you want. UPDATE - Or maybe an invisible shield?

these things are ghey.

Tech Specs

Lets start off with the specs, this particular model is the 2G White.

* 2GB Solid State Flash Memory

* Up to 14 hours of music playback

* 1.5-inch colour LCD with LED Backlight

* Dock Connector, Stereo Mini-Jack

* USB Connection

* Charge time of around 3 hours

* AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, WAV, AIFF

* Syncs iPod-viewable photos in JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD (Mac only) and PNG formats

* 3.5 x 1.6 x 0.27 inches

* 1.5 ounces

* Syncs with iTunes

* Included; Earbud headphones, USB Cable, Dock adapter, Electronic Documentation

First turn on and sync

First turn on

Nothing to it really, the instructions for turning on the iPod were printed on the protective film. Simple hold the "menu" button and the iPod turns on. Holding the "play/pause" button switches the unit off.

The first thing you notice when turning the unit on is the bright and crisp lcd screen. Its a tiny screen yet everything seems to be extremely sharp and very easily readable. I just used this time to set up the timezone and time settings which were initially set to US time.

Syncing with itunes 5

The first time i connected the iPod to my iBook, iTunes immediately opened the iPod settings wizard. In which you create a name for your iPod and what playlists you want the iPod to sync with. This step couldn't have been any easier, this could easily have been the only part i was worried about but the wizard and iTunes made the entire syncing process easy as pie!

Using the iPod

The clickwheel

It amazing! Thats about all i can say about it. There is hardly any pressure needed at all to activate the clickwheel functions, and for me it was very very easy to get used to. It seems very ergonomical and top marks to Apple engineers for this great innovation!

The menus are very easy to navigate and things are organised just like that in iTunes. So again, its very easy to jump straight into and use. I have never even held an iPod before but everything seems to fit perfectly in even my big hands.

I have been using this iPod for about an hour now, and honestly, it feels like i have been using it for years! Great work on designing these!

Photos

The Nano has many of the features of the large iPod Photo, all except the TV-Out so you cannot connect the iPod directly to your TV set for a slideshow. With that in mind, the tiny 1.5-inch display isnt the greatest for viewing pictures, but it does a god job nonetheless. Very crisp and unbelievably clear pictures can be viewed on the Nano.

Calendar and Notes

As far as i know, this is a standard feature among iPods, you can sync your address book and add text files as notes to your iPod. Thinking on this for a second it seems that the iPods are coming closer and closer to PDA standards rather than standard MP3 jukeboxes!

Extras

Games: "Brick" a breakout clone; "Music quiz" guess the song from a choice of 5 songs in your library and a small intro; "Parachute" I still dont quite get this game and "Solitaire" the very popular card game.

Stopwatch; A standard timer with lap time capability

Screenlock; you can lock your screen with a 4 digit PIN number

Aesthetics

The white, as always look great. Especially when its sitting next to my iBook. However, many of you who read the news site's would have heard about the Nano being very easily scratched. Personally, i just think its people's own missuse. For example I heard one person mention they put it in the same pocket as their Motorolla RAZR and it came it scratched. I put things like that down to common sense.

With that in mind though, and you may notice from the pictures, I still have the last layer of factory protection on the unit. I dont mind so much about scratches on the body surface, but scratches on the screen is what i really want to avoid. I have thought about cutting the film to the size of the screen so that it is protected in a Nintendo DS style, but im undecided whether to take it off completely.

In its new state however its absolutely stunning!

http://www.gholt.com/content/view/53/40/

I've been rockin' one for about two weeks now. No complaints. The battery lasts way longer than my 20gb model did. Obviously, it's a lot thinner than the normal iPods so yeah, it could snap if you act a fool and sit on it. A "thong" or whatever won't protect it from snapping... just common sense. Even the normal iPods scratch real easy. So I don't understand the arguement there.

I like it. I can make playlists in iTunes (which is so easy to use... how can it be hard?) and download them and just use playlists. The one thing I hated about my 20gb was that I was constantly looking for shit to listen to... even though I had everything on there that was in my iTunes library. I find that having less room to hold shit makes decision making a breeze.

I'm not an Apple snob by any means but I have yet to use an Apple product that I didn't like. Well, except the earbuds and this fucking mouse...

128mb is no where near enough. That can fit maybe 20 songs if you are lucky.

I, however, love having thousands of songs readily available in my pocket, all neatly organized by artist/album/genre/song/playlist/etc.

I like to be able to listen to whatever fits the moment, or have the option of putting it on shuffle and never hearing a song twice.

There's no reason to hate on apple. They are very innovative.

The main reason I purchased an ipod is because I dont have a cd player in my car, and this instantly and effortlessly puts my digital song library in the palm of my hands and there is no need to have cd cases and shit lying around my vehicle.

By the way, iTunes is soooo easy to use its ridiculous, I dont get why people find it difficult. You basically just drag and drop everything. And the configuration menus couldn't be worded any simpler. I think it's so simple to use that I actually had to unlearn some of the bullshit I went through with other programs like Roxio. Not to mention if you are on a network like at a Dorm or something you can access other peoples music files and listen/download them instantly