iPod Nano and MP3 players advice

Hayabusa

I am thinking of getting an iPod nano

1GB....its gunna run me about $170

im currently using a CD player and that shits getting outta hand. Its way too big, and it skips like mad. Also, i do not wanna have to download 20 songs just so i can listen to em on CD's and shit.

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding this here issue. Whos got a nano? Whats the verdict?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i've had them all, normal ipod, shuffle, mini, and nano.

and i have to say the nano has held up the best out of them all.

but now that i say this i am sure that it will crap out in a month.

i don't care, i like apple products and thats it.

just read some reviews.

yeh im completely confused when it comes to this kinda shit

i am on a somewhat budget, but if something is worth the amount of money im shelling out then its ok.

most important to me is that it can fit lots of shit on it, it wont crap out, easy to use, wont skip or turn gay, and is rechargable (i dont wanna keep buy batteries)

nano is apperently rechargable, easy to use, and will hold quite a bit of music...far more than what ill listen to during the course of my day

the price is a little hefty it seems, but i don't know too much about these kind of products. i fell the fuck off

is there anything else out that which has similar features and shit but costs less?

i only need it for music anyways

I mean with the nano you'll roughly get around 1000 sounds on there as opposed to a normal ipod video you'll get 5000 and videos and pics. I got the video one. Its good if your really into your music, which I am, but its also cool for movies and shit. Only shitty thing is that the battery dies out in like 2 hours for the video things and the music will ladt you probably 3 straight hours

if you get the nano black get a case quickly cause it will get scratched quick or you could just get thoses posters that they put on windows and jsut cut one to fit it i did that with one i got from wataburger haha o and spend the extra 50 and get the 2 gig cause you will be like i could be jammin to twice as much if i would of had fifty buck o at least thats what i say haha

I won't lie' date=' I have an 20gig i-Pod, but I got it for less then you're about to waste on a Nano and I only use it in my car as a radio substitute.[/quote']

yeh i guess so (replying to all your posts)

but thats why im here

i do feel that spending 170$ on something like this is a bit much

and im not throwing my money away because i havent baught anything yet and because im still rocking the same CD player ive had for 4 years.

Im not trying to buy something for the hell of it, but because my cd player is old as fuck, and its becoming less and less practical in my every day life. I do not have the luxury of owning a car, and in my daily life to and from school or work, music would be a good thing. It takes me about an hour to get to and from school.

As far as the kinda music i listen to goes, you're way off base buddy

:rolleyes:

My ipod just shit the bed for real and my girl bought me a new one off amazon. Can you get an extended warranty from some retail place(best buy' date=' etc.) if you didn't buy it there?[/quote']

I need an answer to this too, even if you have no proof of receipt from any service (ebay etc).